Rebel Heart Tour: Live from Montreal! Updates in real time (part 3)

Camacho

Ok so there IS one thing that's kind of bugging me right now. I love the show, don't get me wrong, I think I've made that clear enough with my previous posts lol

But does anyone else feel like the setlist in the 1st act is a bit off? She starts off with two unknown songs, both of them having featurings too. Judging by these clips the show just really picks up pace once the second section kicks off and all the hits come flowing in. Given she is playing SO many hits this time, I feel like she could have distributed them more throughout the show i.e. in the first section too.

Plus aren't the first one or two performances the one they usually film for the press outlets etc. and thus basically promote the tour? You'd think, just by watching the clips of these two songs, she's in for another MDNA type of show when, in reality, this show has more hits than any other tour before. So not really wise to choose Iconic and BIM as the opening songs IMO.

can we talk about music?

i love the intro sound thats repeating. not sure what it is. never heard it before. its so intriguing and lovely :) and madonna's BAT voice&playfulness @ the end is amazing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvFv3Ug6Esg

"That man molested me! Punch him in the nose!" I LOOOOOVE it!!!!

rebelvvv- that's the one that starts with "Everybody," that I mentioned. She starts with a good amount of DYU, then does a bit of ITG, and then Everybody, etc. Thanks, though. :)

Oh, right. I didn't stay up most of the night watching videos or anything... :popcorn2:

It's all become a blur, but I think the only place I found it was in the Periscope stream:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aMDUBDc3MDY1OTN8MWRqeFhncXdqUExKWljr01teq7hQVHs3qszMrv8x1MrZfWrVFWk_XAP4n2EY

Does anyone know how to download and save the stream before it's gone, by the way?

The shows feels more intimate and happier than MDNA, the connection with the public will be better and the setlist works really well. I love the versatility of the show, probably her most varied show since Drowned World Tour.

Ok so there IS one thing that's kind of bugging me right now. I love the show, don't get me wrong, I think I've made that clear enough with my previous posts lol

But does anyone else feel like the setlist in the 1st act is a bit off? She starts off with two unknown songs, both of them having featurings too. Judging by these clips the show just really picks up pace once the second section kicks off and all the hits come flowing in. Given she is playing SO many hits this time, I feel like she could have distributed them more throughout the show i.e. in the first section too.

Plus aren't the first one or two performances the one they usually film for the press outlets etc. and thus basically promote the tour? You'd think, just by watching the clips of these two songs, she's in for another MDNA type of show when, in reality, this show has more hits than any other tour before. So not really wise to choose Iconic and BIM as the opening songs IMO.

That's fairly typical for her tours (except for RIT). If anything, hits are less important in the beginning because everyone is excited to see M and is overwhelmed with the visuals. The second half is where you need to stack hits, and that's exactly what she did.

Plus, I think BIM is above an unknown song. Not a mega-hit, but BIM and LFL are probably the two Rebel Heart songs people have some familiarity with. So having BIM and then Burning Up as the second and third songs is pretty strong.

How does this tour have more hits or am i missing something? Yes lotsa hits but pretty much every tours had a stack of hits

In this tour more of the hits were performed closer to the original versions and not any odd reinventions so it makes it seems like more hits.

How does this tour have more hits or am i missing something? Yes lotsa hits but pretty much every tours had a stack of hits

MDNA had 3 recognizable hits, so did DWT, so yes there's a difference.

The shows feels more intimate and happier than MDNA, the connection with the public will be better and the setlist works really well. I love the versatility of the show, probably her most varied show since Drowned World Tour.

from what I can tell from some of the comments and videos, the crowed was really into the show and sang along with loud applause. I love the smaller intimate arena. She gave em a lot of love and the crowd returned the love right back at her.

Only counting full performances, MDNA had: Hung Up, Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Vogue, Like a Virgin, and Like A Prayer. That's 6. (and Hung Up and LAV were pretty hard to sing along to in those versions)

Rebel Heart has: Burning Up, True Blue, Deeper and Deeper, Like A Virgin, La Isla Bonita, Dress You Up, Who's That Girl, Music, Material Girl, and Holiday. That's 10, all in versions that the crowd can sing along to.

I'd say that's a significant difference.

Do you guys think that maybe The SEX interlude is not actually complete yet? That there might be a delay in editing or something... Cause it seems to be missing The additional footage like mentioned in The tourbook and also no sign of The school teacher M look that was on her IG.... It would be are great addition.

Yeah! I was waiting to see the school teacher thing she teased on IG

That's exactly what I said in my review and this is my only complaint. A minor one.