Rebel Heart Tour: Live from Montreal! Updates in real time (part 3)

Camacho

i saw a many videos and it seems that this Tour is not so full of power and choreos like MDNA.

it looks really good.

for me is the first and last song the best on a Madonna-concert. at this point i prefer the MDNA Tour.

"Iconic" is really really nice and i had a little "wow" but not that feeling like "GGW" and his intro.

And "Holiday" is a really good classic-song and important for here career but at last song too simple. i missed the "firework" at the end, this "BAAM".

I really like the videos and I will love to see M live again, but till now it seems for me not so good like MDNA, maybe because its another kind of type

can we talk about music?

i love the intro sound thats repeating. not sure what it is. never heard it before. its so intriguing and lovely :) and madonna's BAT voice&playfulness @ the end is amazing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvFv3Ug6Esg

This is amazing! I love everything about it! :drool:

This is probably my fav performance of Music, well done M :clap:

This tour is absolutely everything. I literally cannot stop looking for photos, videos, reviews of this magnificent piece of art. It's been said before, but M seems to be have an absolute blast and incredibly happy!

Long live The Queen!

can we talk about music?

i love the intro sound thats repeating. not sure what it is. never heard it before. its so intriguing and lovely :) and madonna's BAT voice&playfulness @ the end is amazing :)

The first time I heard those synths, I was immediately reminded of this GLORIOUS remix of The Beast Within:

(skip to 40 seconds for the synths)

It's sampled by a track called Dr Mabuse by Propaganda:

She's so interactive with the crowd. It's so... Strange! But I love it! She has been talking a lot about doing a small scale tour where she gets to talk to the crowd etc. this is just a more grand version of that :)

I don't really understand why everyone's talking about a "scaled back show". I haven't even watched all the performances and I know Its a huge production. The stage is huge, a tilting floor, heart stage, staircase, she comes down in a cage, pole dancing, up in the air on wires at the end, middle of the stage comes up, big screens, moment factory. It's still MASSIVE! There's still soooo much going on. Sure it doesn't have the moving boxes from MDNA or the Intense choreography like on S&S. But it's still a more grand production than S&S and Confessions in my eyes from what I can see.

It's Madonna. It's huge. It's intense. It's awe inducing! It's just different from the last few tours :)

My body is ready for the bluray. Now.

On a side note I m really annoyed I have no heart stage tickets and I'm going to 6 shows. I can't even sell and buy a heart stage ticket cause they're all gone I think! Ugh. I feel like I'm going to miss out on some prime action!

This is exactly what I was going to say. The production is massive...it's just designed a little differently than MDNA.

Design-wise, whereas MDNA was tall and grand, this feels slightly shorter, but wider...and extends far more into the audience.

MDNA felt more tech based. RHT feels more theatrical/prop/costume based.

MDNA was more dance based. RHT feels more music/vocal/audience interaction based.

MDNA was cinematic spectacle. RHT is more theatrical concert.

But it's still a massive production. Doesn't feel scaled down at all.

(I think we have to remember that we're judging all this based off of youtube vids from one night, the first show. Wait until more show vids roll in...and then the tour film. The overall detail and context of everything is going to be far more clear, and take on a whole other understanding. If only "fans" at those other boards, and in the bowels of hell (aka youtube comments) tried to remember that.)

How can people judge before seeing the real, damn show?????? God, how a I hate Internet sometimes.

How was the distribution of live vs. pre-recorded vocals?

As far as I can tell based on what I've heard so far, all songs apart from Holy Water / Water are sung live, though parts of Bitch I'm Madonna and Unapologetic Bitch are sung over pre-recorded backing tracks.

can we talk about music?

Ah! This was the one performance I missed on Periscope last night! Thank you so much! Incredible!

I'm crying

I cried last night when she started this too. INSTANTLY one of my all-time favorite Madonna performances. Both "True Blue" and "Who's that Girl" became favorites of mine last night.

MY GOD LIKE A VIRGIN IS EVERYTHING!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0XC1iQzCGA

It's true there's less choreographed dancing for this tour, but look at her energy here! This woman is NOT slowing down.

YES. Fuck these bitches complaining about the lack of choreographed dance breaks. LOOK AT THIS BITCH. SHE IS HAVING THE TIME OF HER LIFE. The crowd is feeding off her energy and she's feeding off the crowd's energy. It's going to be INCREDIBLE to be there in person.

M is featured as one of FB's top trending topics but their reason is because of stupid Christopher Ciccone's comments. I want FB to focus the attention on ha tour!

She's rarely this happy and talkative at any point during a tour. The Girlie Show and RIT often stand out in my mind just because she smiles so much in them -- she seems to be having a good time in them. That was all over RHT last night in spades.

I barely slept last night. I am SO excited and SO overwhelmed. And I wasn't even there! lol

Watched the first few songs on Periscope, but shut it off because I want to experience the rest in the flesh next Saturday.

From what I watched, and the photos and reviews are just WOW. I agree with Chelle, this may be my favorite tour of them all.

I regrettably did not get to see her live in concert until MDNA, and don't get me wrong I loved that tour. But this one just feels like it's the ultimate culmination of her 30+ year career and her just embracing the hell out of it. She looked SO happy and was just glowing.

God, I had no idea I could love this woman any more than I do now.

Anyway, I'm ecstatic to see this in NY next Saturday. I'm seeing it with my best friend from high school, and I told him that I hope he's prepared to carry me out of the Barclay's Center because I will be dead. lol

She's rarely this happy and talkative at any point during a tour. The Girlie Show and RIT often stand out in my mind just because she smiles so much in them -- she seems to be having a good time in them. That was all over RHT last night in spades.

Absolutely. She was more relaxed than MDNA last because she isnt completely fixated on intense dance routines. She's also a smart woman and knows the a lot of people thought MDNA was too angry and cold.

Guest eroticerotic

is there a thread that has the looks broken down and also videos of the concert? please link ! i dont wanna scroll all day :)) thank you!

The blue BIM t-shirt isn't official Madonna merch.

However, it's available for purchasing at PatriciaField.com for $80 + shipping. Each one is made to order, hand painted by the designer, TomTom.

thank you !!! I'm buying. Thank god they are in mens sizes. I wear a medium hopefully it's medium and not SMEDIUM lol Edited by MrK1ngB33

Oh my..actually quite disappointed in her 'performance' of the two songs that are in my upper tier of all time fav. M songs being sung acoustically w/ her just sitting there (True Blue and WTG) :?? Looked like an old episode of MTV Unplugged lol. The fact she removed them from her blacklist after 25+ years and knows they're songs fans were dying to here, how/why didn't she come up w/ semi something better. At least 'some' kind of actual performance that kinda sorta featured their original beats or at least an uptempo backing track. Almost like she said/thought you want these damn songs, you're getting them half assed. lol I have my head gear on so am ready for the stoning for stating my opinion that I didn't care at all for her take on those classics. :(

Btw, the RHT version of "Like a Virgin" is virtually identical to the fan-made Dens54 Ab Fab And Sweet Zack Remix, which was originally made back in 2008.

wow I love this!!!!!!!

Oh my..actually quite disappointed in her 'performance' of the two songs that are in my upper tier of all time fav. M songs being sung acoustically w/ her just sitting there (True Blue and WTG) :?? Looked an an old episode of MTV unplugged. The fact she removed them from her blacklist after 25+ years and knows they're songs fans were dying to here, how/why didn't she come up w/ something better. At least 'some' kind of actual performance that featured their original beats or at least some kind of uptempo backing track. Almost like she said you want these songs, you're getting them half assed. I have my head gear on so am ready for the stoning for stating my opinion and not feeling the love for her take on those classics. :(

I can see why you feel like that, but I disagree completely! I thoughed they worked beautifully in their stripped emotional form and brought more emotion and intimacy to The show. :)

I can see why you feel like that, but I disagree completely! I would jonka they worked beautifully in their stripped emotional form and brought more emotion and intimacy to The show. :)

Agreed. Those songs are hard to do in 2015 with a full production number and not come off totally cheesy and fluffy. She gave the songs some soul.