Rebel Heart Tour: Live from Montreal! Updates in real time (part 3)

Camacho

Shrug. Would you have rather her do the MDNA formula again tho? And then you might bitch at her for doing that if she did. I mean she has to change it up a bit. And yeah, maybe a bit of damage control is happening. She also started at 9:29 tonight. Remember 2012?

We're in her Sticky & Sweet phase; aka the phase where she wants to cut loose and just put on a straight forward pop show instead of practically a live action movie night after night.

This is her pattern, starting with Who's That Girl. Followed by the very complex BAT, followed by the very playful GS, followed by the intense DWT, followed by the appeasing RIT, followed by the stark CT, followed by the sugary S&S, followed by the scandalous MDNA, and now we are here with RHT :)

She's stayed true to it.

OH god no, I hated that MDNA mess.....was the first M show I didn't bother to get floor seats for and left before it ended....it drained me.

There just arent any strong performances at all here for me (granted, ive only watched fan clips) and maybe thats what she's doing intentionally. the rolling stones, Cher, and u2, who charge similar prices to M, dont have choreographed numbers or as much complexity as Madonna shows....maybe she's scaling back and revising her stage formula.

I'm at work and I'm crying because of True Blue :lmao:

Remember when she said "Ew" when someone requested it on S&S. I thought it would never, ever be performed ever. :cries: Yaaaasss and I'll get to see it next year.

Everything about the Sweet Machine intro and the Candy Shop perf are breathtaking. I nearly have a heart attack everytime I watch the bluray. I usually cry :lol:

:lmao:

Don't get me wrong cuz I am obsessed with S&S Candy Shop and have been for SEVEN YEARS but the intro video and the "REVEAL" are not my fav :lol:

The perf itself is life of course

I'm at work and I'm crying because of True Blue :lmao:

Remember when she said "Ew" when someone requested it on S&S. I thought it would never, ever be performed ever. :cries: Yaaaasss and I'll get to see it next year.

:inlove:

OH god no, I hated that MDNA mess.....was the first M show I didn't bother to get floor seats for and left before it ended....it drained me.

There just arent any strong performances at all here for me (granted, ive only watched fan clips) and maybe thats what she's doing intentionally. the rolling stones, Cher, and u2, who charge similar prices to M, dont have choreographed numbers or as much complexity as Madonna shows....maybe she's scaling back and revising her stage formula.

I loved MDNA.

Idk I saw you in another thread saying Confessions was her pandering album. Now MDNA is a hot mess, now this is too tame... I think you're never gonna be satisfied :lol:

I loved MDNA.

Idk I saw you in another thread saying Confessions was her pandering album. Now MDNA is a hot mess, now this is too tame... I think you're never gonna be satisfied :lol:

He's just a casual fan. Or maybe a troll. :mellow:

I loved MDNA.

I never said confessions was her pandering album.....well not in a bad way....It was genius! Loved it and it was very smart of her.

Just havent been a fan of her tour song choices in years. Maybe Im never gonna be satisfied....but is it too much to ask her to have done "Get Together"....just one goddamn Confessions song?!? If she had thrown just that one track in, as a dance track (not some acoustic version) it would have totally helped change the pace of this show. Is that too much to ask for?

Instead we get not one, not two, not three, not four but almost 5 songs (if you count the medley tracks) just from the like a virgin album.

Im watching way too many videos! I cant stop!!

The songs I haven't seen any clips for from this point right now I'm not going to watch. Just the ones I've seen.

I was going to save myself Like a Virgin but I just watched about 50 seconds. Fucking beautiful !!!

I never said confessions was her pandering album.....well not in a bad way....It was genius! Loved it and it was very smart of her.

Just havent been a fan of her tour song choices in years. Maybe Im never gonna be satisfied....but is it too much to ask her to have done "Get Together"....just one goddamn Confessions song?!? If she had thrown just that one track in, as a dance track (not some acoustic version) it would have totally helped change the pace of this show. Is that too much to ask for?

Instead we get not one, not two, not three, not four but almost 5 songs (if you count the medley tracks) just from the like a virgin album.

Give her a break man. She hasn't played some of these songs in like 30 years. Literally.

She's got a massive, colossal catalogue. She's not Beyonce or Toilet Swift who can truly do every single hit and leave the stage with everyone pleased. Madonna can't please everyone by sheer fact that she has had so much success and can't fit it all into a 2 hour show. Just enjoy it for what it is. As a fan that's probably the EASIEST thing to do at this point, considering the fact that she's getting older and probably doesn't have much left in her. Mick Jagger gets up onstage and gyrates to his same hits year after year with the same arrangements and straight forward production. Madonna has been outdoing herself for 32 years.

The applause after La vie en rose

her reaction

She's smiling a lot I love it :mellow::mellow:

The MDNA Tour was majestic, iconic and huge and everything but I feel like she's having more fun on this tour !! But maybe it's just because it was the first date...

Anyway I think I might end up prefering this one. And she sounds amazing !!!! Nothing like this turn up the radio MESS imo

The NY Daily News reviews summed it up: Madonna is smiling more this time round. She really really seems to be having fun.

Especially evident where it's only her and the stage - Like A Virgin, True Blue, La Vie en Rose and Rebel Heart. LOVE!!! I wish she was coming to Singapore..... otherwise I hope she announced a third Melbourne date. My financial situation is precarious, but some salvation seems to be on hand and I WANT TO SEE THIS TOUR!