Rebel Heart Tour: Live from Montreal! Updates in real time (part 3)

Camacho

im torn - i love high energy live shows and this one so far is leaning very heavy on the ballad - slow to mid tempo side....may end up waiting for this to come out on bluray.....unless she changes some things by the time she gets to LA.

A

this is much nicer than SS though. I liked SS but it had little art to it. and it was sometimes still a bit "cool" as well. this tour is warm

I think they're both very similar tours. I think S&S peaks WAY earlier than this tour does. This tour keeps getting stronger all the way to the latin section where it's truly a marvel.

Can't wait to see it all for real! I'm spoiling myself with this tour mainly because the non spoiling thing with MDNA was just a special occasion and it was EXCRUCIATING :lmao: I can't go thru that again.

Well we always knew this day would happen.... its sad coz i miss at least one heavy dancing breakdown.... but it also shows a new path for her

True, but it's not like she doesn't have the ability to dance. She killed it on Fallon. But idk.

Maybe we all underestimated the toll that MDNA took on her.

I kinda noticed that too.

Same. I had a hunch that this would be the case during the promo performances tbh. Or maybe she's scaling back now so that there isn't a glaring difference between now and when she's in her 60s

I love love LOVE that performance of True Blue. It's so lovely and warm yet so Madonna - this tour's really gonna remind people of that side of her and how she has the most warm, emotive back catalogue in pop. And look at her smile at the end! :)

im torn - i love high energy live shows and this one so far is leaning very heavy on the ballad - slow to mid tempo side....may end up waiting for this to come out on bluray.....unless she changes some things by the time she gets to LA.

A

Don't be ridiculous, just go. It's Madonna and it's not like she's sitting there singing deep cuts from the American Life album. She's singing her most legendary songs in epic fashion and it's done with far more style and sophistication than the feeble attempt she had in 04 with Reinvention.

This might be one of the last times you'll be able to see her so just go.

True, but it's not like she doesn't have the ability to dance. She killed it on Fallon. But idk.

Maybe we all underestimated the toll that MDNA took on her.

But if we are talking night after night ....

Or maybe shes bored of it and focusing on singing and playing (for the first time she seems confident on playing the gyutar/ukulele)

But if we are talking night after night ....

Or maybe shes bored of it and focusing on singing and playing (for the first time she seems confident on playing the gyutar/ukulele)

Yeah you're right. 3-4 nights a week for 5 months is a lot. HOWEVER, I think she could handle 1 big dance number.

Iconic has an amazing opening but the actual perf needs more movement IMO. It's like that costume is holding her back.

All minor things tho. I felt the same way in 2008 when I saw S&S. I felt it was more of a CONCERT than a show. I mean the last tour was practically like a movie. I wound up adoring S&S because of how it stood out that way, and I already feel that way about this.

This exactly what I wanted to see from her!

More costumes + props, better use of the stage + dancers, fab lighting, GREAT hair, more hits + ballads, clearer vocals, and the inclusion of Love Don't Live Here Anymore. The tour is very theatrical, but it still feels like a concert and I like that most.

Can we say how the stage was awesome! I mean I had a hardon over mdna stage but looking back it was a one trick pony. This new stage just keeps giving right to the end.

Yeah you're right. 3-4 nights a week for 5 months is a lot. HOWEVER, I think she could handle 1 big dance number.

Iconic has an amazing opening but the actual perf needs more movement IMO. It's like that costume is holding her back.

All minor things tho. I felt the same way in 2008 when I saw S&S. I felt it was more of a CONCERT than a show. I mean the last tour was practically like a movie. I wound up adoring S&S because of how it stood out that way, and I already feel that way about this.

Im not a fan of the opening either , probably her weakest ever though :x

For me this feels much more DWT than S&S

SS was her most energetic show ever , rebel heart is her calmest

and lets be honest, all casual fans will like this one much more now

Don't be ridiculous, just go. It's Madonna and it's not like she's sitting there singing deep cuts from the American Life album. She's singing her most legendary songs in epic fashion and it's done with far more style and sophistication than the feeble attempt she had in 04 with Reinvention.

This might be one of the last times you'll be able to see her so just go.

Ai - thats how the other part of me feels. One of the last times I will get to see her....even though Im not in love with the pace at all.....song selection is strange....I mean is this the rebel heart tour..or the virgin tour?!? (Why are there so many virgin album tracks?!)

I don't see the blue shirt with the faces from the BIM VIFEO ??? Anyone have any info

The blue BIM t-shirt isn't official Madonna merch.

However, it's available for purchasing at PatriciaField.com for $80 + shipping. Each one is made to order, hand painted by the designer, TomTom.

Ai - thats how the other part of me feels. One of the last times I will get to see her....even though Im not in love with the pace at all.....song selection is strange....I mean is this the rebel heart tour..or the virgin tour?!? (Why are there so many virgin album tracks?!)

Shrug. Would you have rather her do the MDNA formula again tho? And then you might bitch at her for doing that if she did. I mean she has to change it up a bit. And yeah, maybe a bit of damage control is happening. She also started at 9:29 tonight. Remember 2012?

We're in her Sticky & Sweet phase; aka the phase where she wants to cut loose and just put on a straight forward pop show instead of practically a live action movie night after night.

This is her pattern, starting with Who's That Girl. Followed by the very complex BAT, followed by the very playful GS, followed by the intense DWT, followed by the appeasing RIT, followed by the stark CT, followed by the sugary S&S, followed by the scandalous MDNA, and now we are here with RHT :)

She's stayed true to it.

Yes she appears to be dancing a lot less this year. Maybe she wants to concentrate on her vocals more?

Iconic has a cool intro but not really fond of the performance.

All the other songs are kick ass from what I've seen! I told myself 3 songs and ive seen over half :rotfl:

Im not a fan of the opening either , probably her weakest ever though :x

For me this feels much more DWT than S&S

SS was her most energetic show ever , rebel heart is her calmest

and lets be honest, all casual fans will like this one much more now

Welllll I don't know about weakest. It has that epic intro and the actual entrance is great. I think she probably needs to work out some kinks in the perf.

I mean Candy Shop had the infamous Price Is Right reveal and that really goofy Screen Saver/manufacturing plant tutorial of a jawbreaker to introduce it. It worked for the show since that show was strictly about giving the people the warm & fuzzies, but yeah :rotfl:

Everything about the Sweet Machine intro and the Candy Shop perf are breathtaking. I nearly have a heart attack everytime I watch the bluray. I usually cry :lol: