Setlist

motherandfather03

I'm not going to judge the setlist until I witness the full show in all its glory......

But if I WAS to judge, these are the small changes I'd make. :D

Iconic
Holy Water/Vogue
Devil Pray
Burning Up
Joan of Arc
Interlude: Messiah
Hold Tight
True Blue
Deeper and Deeper
HeartBreakCity/Love Don't Live Here Anymore
Like a Virgin
Interlude: Best Night
Living For Love (ALBUM VERSION)
Take A Bow
Dress You Up/Into The Groove/Everybody/Lucky Star (Medley)
Who's That Girl
Rebel Heart
Interlude: Illuminati
Music
Candy Shop
Material Girl
Holiday
Bitch I'm Madonna
Like A Prayer

Im satisfied with the setlist. But if there will be minor changes id go for

Iconic as video interlude only, Rescue me as opening number, unapologetic bitch added to the first section, dont tell me added to rockabilly section and express yourself instead of candy shop,

Guest eroticerotic

I'm not going to judge the setlist until I witness the full show in all its glory......

Iconic
Holy Water/Vogue
Devil Pray
Burning Up
Joan of Arc
Hold Tight
True Blue
Deeper and Deeper
Like a Virgin
Take A Bow
Who's That Girl
Rebel Heart
Music
Candy Shop
Material Girl
Holiday
Bitch I'm Madonna
Like A Prayer

very nice,

Id probably put LAP after HW/V

I love the show and the setlist, based only in the periscope and youtube videos, so i think live must be amazing!!!

as much my RH album's favs are Inside Out and WAOM, the show flows really good and i don't care not having them (also GT and Hold Tight)

although to become PERFECT and the best tour ever i'd add/change: (at least for Asia-Australia)

Iconic
Bitch I'm Madonna
NOTHING REALLY MATTERS (thematically and costumes totally fits here, like grammy 99 performance and to represent ROL)
Burning Up (could be skipped)
Holy Water/Vogue
Devil Pray (could be skipped)
LIKE A PRAYER (also totally fits the religious theme and costumes, perfect epic closer to this section)
Messiah (Ghosttown Video Footage Interlude)
Body Shop
True Blue
Deeper and Deeper (PERFECTION!!!!)
Like a Virgin
S.E.X. (Erotica video backdrop) (Elements of Justify My Love) (what happened with the sex-teacher video?)
Living For Love (ALBUM OR BRIT VERSION PLEASEEE!!!)
La Isla Bonita
Who's That Girl
Rebel Heart
Illuminati (Interlude)
Music (Get Stupid excerpt)
Candy Shop
EXPRESS YOURSELF (ALBUM ORIGINAL VERSION adapted)
Material Girl
La Vie En Rose, i love it but could be replaced with one of her ballads or BORDERLINE slow down acoustic (like TB also could work)
Unapologetic Bitch
HUNG UP

Holiday
Edited by Crom

I love the show and the setlist, based only in the periscope and youtube videos, so i think live must be amazing!!!

as much my RH album's favs are Inside Out and WAOM, the show flows really good and i don't care not having it (also GT and Hold Tight)

although to become PERFECT and the best tour ever i'd add/change: (at least for Asia-Australia)

Iconic

Bitch I'm Madonna

NOTHING REALLY MATTERS (thematically and costumes totally fits here, like grammy 99 performance and to represent ROL)

Burning Up (could be skipped)

Holy Water/Vogue

Devil Pray (could be skipped)

LIKE A PRAYER (also totally fits the religious theme and costumes, perfect epic closer to this section)

Messiah (Ghosttown Video Footage Interlude)

Body Shop

True Blue

Deeper and Deeper (PERFECTION!!!!)

Like a Virgin

S.E.X. (Erotica video backdrop) (Elements of Justify My Love) (what happened with the sex-teacher video?)

Living For Love (ALBUM OR BRIT VERSION PLEASEEE!!!)

La Isla Bonita

Who's That Girl

Rebel Heart

Illuminati (Interlude)

Music (Get Stupid excerpt)

Candy Shop

EXPRESS YOURSELF (ALBUM ORIGINAL VERSION adapted)

Material Girl

La Vie En Rose, i love it but could be replaced with one of her ballads or BORDERLINE slow down acoustic (like TB also could work)

Unapologetic Bitch

HUNG UP

Holiday

Totally agree

Knowing that she usually doesn't change the setlist, I'm very happy with the final result. In a dream world, the only changes I would make are the following (and it's based on the fact that I haven't seen her live, which is why it may look really hits-heavy):

Iconic
Bitch I'm Madonna
Burning Up
Vogue
Devil Pray
--
Ghosttown
True Blue
Deeper and Deeper
HeartBreakCity / Love Don't Live Here Anymore
Like a Virgin
--
Living for Love
La Isla Bonita
Dress You Up / Into the Groove / Everybody / Lucky Star
Who's That Girl
Take a Bow
Rebel Heart
--
Music
Material Girl
Cherish
Ray of Light
Hung Up
--
Like a Prayer
Holiday

I've been to many shows where artists didn't play some of their big hits (or personal favorites) and I've also left not missing them. That's most likely what's going to happen when I see this show, which is perfectly fine because she's playing more oldies than usual.

11216583_10153212912864372_6978580734114

I can't believe I'm gonna see M for the 2nd time, especially with tour which brings me memories from the past because of the setlist. I still can't believe it. I was watching Deeper and Deeper which basically sounds the same back in the day when I was a child and fell in love with the song and the sound. Who would have thought almost 25 years later I would see her singing this in front of me.

And the fact that I am seeing Living For Love live as well (one of my favorite performance and songs and sounds in her entire career) makes me pinch over and over again until November when I see her... And this Like A Virgin alone on stage with so much energy, True Blue and that 80's medley... Just have no words... It's so real... I'm so speechless that it scares me :nocomment:

I love the setlist as it is.

Only thing I'd do is add Like A Prayer as second encore... could easily be done and Australia/Asia would go wild for that.

Also, have a rotating selection of songs for the La Vie En Rose slot. So many of her mega ballads could be slotted in there - Crazy for You, Frozen, Take A Bow, You'll See.... even I'll Remember. It would help keep the tour fresh

Only thing I'd do is add Like A Prayer as second encore... could easily be done and Australia/Asia would go wild for that.

Also, have a rotating selection of songs for the La Vie En Rose slot. So many of her mega ballads could be slotted in there - Crazy for You, Frozen, Take A Bow, You'll See.... even I'll Remember. It would help keep the tour fresh

YES!!!

She should definitely do this!!

or the look of love!!!!

Iconic

Holy Water/Vogue

Devil Pray

Burning Up

Joan of Arc

Hold Tight

True Blue

Deeper and Deeper

Like a Virgin

Take A Bow

Who's That Girl

Rebel Heart

Music

Candy Shop

Material Girl

Holiday

Bitch I'm Madonna

Like A Prayer

this would be marvellous!but this time I can't complain.the only that feelsweird is that UB is the last song before the encore.It makes more sense to me to have it after iconic,and BIM as the last song after the encore...and LFl with the album mix,but that will.happen in a future tour!

It`s interesting that there is not one song from the Ray of light album ! One of her most succesful album.

I think that Skin could have worked or Nothing really matters for the love section of the show.

Whatever I´m fine with the setlist (except Candy Shop), I know I´m in the minority here but Candy Shop is one of her worst songs ever for me.

I love the 80`s Medley (dream comes true to sing WTG and TB) :bow:

Her voice is everything this time :inlove:

I love the setlist. But I do wish they change the 80's medley. Keep the songs just add something else to it. It's kinda meh.

Watch this in its entirety. Nothing "meh" about it. It's a real showstopper, and highlight of the tour. Look at that audience reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZMamBM7uA4

I actually think she will keep La Vie En Rose. It's the 20s/Flapper section, and it just fits. Sure, she could change out for some other ballad...but I just doubt except for a few one off times. I think she really does love the song, perfect with the ukulele...

And Candy Shop ain't going anywhere. It's clear - she loves the song, and she's doing it. Period. AND, it is mixed to flow right after Music. Actually (for those who haven't seen enough videos), Music is mixed to flow right into a super funky version of Candy Shop (which seemed to get a great response this time around). Again, thematically, musical direction-wise, etc...it's just fits.

Same with Material Girl. Watch the context of that whole performance after the Music/Candy Shop medley, and it makes sense.

Even UB at the end...while does seem a bit 'out of place'...contrasting a song like that, with that message, against a 20s/Flapper/Jazz party vibe is exactly the kind of irony that speaks "Madonna".

As for actually changing out songs...in terms of logistics, with these kinds of highly technical/visual shows, once the show is set, it's pretty much set. Only the few acoustic numbers really have the possibility to be changed out. You really can't just throw in major numbers unless all that pre-sequencing music-wise (along with tech, etc.) has been planned long and well in advance. I doubt anything much else is going to change.

Again, it's hard to get this from just short videos...but go watch a whole bunch, in proper order. I think it's easy to think, 'oh, she should just throw this song out and put this one in'...but if you really pay attention to the overall theme, and the specific narratives for each section... the current show makes complete sense.

And there's a few other little spots in the show where her Secret Project voice-over plays out over things, and kind of ties things together.

ps. The only thing I could have envisioned was a large Vogue number done up Asian-style. That would have been gorgeous. But really, it doesn't need it.

Just have point out to those you say Holliday seems out of place. I disagree completely, its very in theme as a after party type thing. Just watch The dancers outfits and stuff.. The afternath of flapper/20's party