Rebel Heart Tour press reports, reviews, videos & pictures

Apples388

don't know where to post this

CP9be-QWoAEyvkn.jpg

Well it includes the hashtag #Iwant and a text that says forward if you like this line up so I'd say it's someone's fantasy erroneously republished somewhere else.

I was listening to Andy Cohens radio channel and andy said she always loops back to NYC 6 months after her first run of shows "which he heard will happen again".... Just a rumor but he kept talking about knowing Guy O, so I suppose it could be true.... Hmm

I was listening to Andy Cohens radio channel and andy said she always loops back to NYC 6 months after her first run of shows "which he heard will happen again".... Just a rumor but he kept talking about knowing Guy O, so I suppose it could be true.... Hmm

I need Madonna to go on his show, Watch What Happens Live it would be incredible 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

the brazilian fans were spreading it all over twitter getting excited :p

why hasn't she performed @ rock in rio yet? seems like great promo.

The Rock in Rio producers say that she's the first artist they offer the main headline in each edition. They say she refuses because she's not into festivals. Maybe that will change in the future.

The Rock in Rio producers say that she's the first artist they offer the main headline in each edition. They say she refuses because she's not into festivals. Maybe that will change in the future.

She did Coachella! She should definitely do this since it wouldn't be filled with the hipsters that love to crawl to Coachella, but instead the ever loyal Brazilian stans

Madonna gets personal at United Center

Even before Madonna took the stage Monday at the United Center, the senses hit overload. Warrior dancers hoisted crosses, Mike Tyson issued threats from the video screen, fake blood streamed as if from a tabloid murder photo, and “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” provided the soundtrack.

Music isn’t quite incidental to the spectacle that is a Madonna show, it’s more like an ingredient in a multimedia melting pot of outrageous fashion, noir video, theater, dance, performance art and social commentary. There were 20 dancers and three musicians, 22 videos and a whopping 60 people backstage taking care of costumes that ran from Cotton Club fringe to a long, flowing royal cape. There was even a Britney Spears look-alike pulled from the audience.

More difficult to find on many of the singer’s tours was an emotional center. But that wasn’t a problem Monday – the most intimate Madonna tour yet. It’s tough for any pop entertainer, let alone a 57-year-old female artist, to retain her chart appeal for one decade, let alone four. Madonna may still be the most famous woman in the pop world – Beyonce might take issue with that – but she’s had only a few top-10 singles in the new Millennium.

Though she could easily live off greatest hits tours or Vegas residences, Madonna somehow remains engaged. Her latest album, “Rebel Heart,” is a mess, a tangle of proclamations and confessions. She wants it all. There are songs that expose insecurities and fess up to narcissism. And then there are the tunes that basically say, “I’m old enough to be your mom and I can still do anything you can do better – got a problem with that?”

“Who do you think you are?” she barked at the outset. And later she demanded, “Get off my pole!” during a profane ode to oral sex that also quoted one of her biggest hits, “Vogue.” What’s a Madonna concert without a little blasphemy? “Holy Water” staged the Last Supper as an orgy, including a stunt where Madonna mounted a spinning cross while standing atop a dancer dressed as a nun. It’s probably just as well that Pope Francis avoided Chicago on his current American visit.

The defiant attitude, the provocative posturing that defined her early rise to stardom played a part in the show, but these poses felt tired – yesterday’s shock is today’s act of desperation. Fortunately, the attitude became more playful and introspective as the show proceeded through its four major set pieces.

Half the set list was drawn from the commercially under-performing “Rebel Heart,” even though the singer has more than three dozen top-10 hits, mostly from the ‘80s and ‘90s. But even the hits she reprised were often reconfigured, from the jazzy “Material Girl” to the ukulele-led “True Blue.” Whereas her 2012 tour flirted with darkness and death – yes, Madonna can do Goth, too – the current two-hour performance had a lighter, warmer, more personal tone. There were smiles and something approaching vulnerability.

For “Like a Virgin,” Madonna dialed down the bump and grind for a solo performance that came across as quietly celebratory, as though dancing by herself in a darkened bedroom. A solo “La Vie en Rose” may not have approached the towering heart-break of Edith Piaf’s signature version, but Madonna delivered it with a rich tone that would’ve been beyond her during her hit-making prime :semifunny:

With fans packed closely around her on a heart-shaped stage in the middle of the arena, she prefaced “Who’s That Girl” with a statement: “I’m still trying to figure out who I am.” Who needs shock appeal when you’ve got Madonna psychoanalyzing herself on stage?

:)

MADONNA SHOCKS CHICAGO AUDIENCE IN A WAY THEY DIDNT EXPECT

http://www.inquisitr.com/2456393/madonn ... dYqYOB7.99

SEPTEMBER 29, 2015

MADONNA SHOCKS CHICAGO AUDIENCE IN A WAY THEY DIDNT EXPECT

DARYL DEINO

Madonna performed for a sold-out audience at Chicagos United Center on Monday evening, and judging by comments from people leaving the show, it was the best concert Madonna had given in Chicago during her 30-year performing career. Madonna brought out the best in herself and her fans. Madonna made performers like Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and Lady Gaga seem like Beta pop stars, and thats saying a lot, since all the mentioned performers are great.

Despite rumors to the contrary, Madonna still does a lot of choreography in the show and barely seemed stiff, although it appeared that she almost lost her balance again during Living for Love, but thankfully didnt fall down the stairs. She still dances with a lot of energy, but thats not what thrilled the audience the most. It was Madonna the vocalist that ruled the show.

Madonna opened the show with Iconic from her Rebel Heart album. She then went into B***h Im Madonna and got the whole crowd clapping along when singing Burning Up. Then, there was the obligatory blasphemy segment of the night with Madonna performing Holy Water, which doesnt make reference to the type of moisture you may think. She even added in some stripper nuns with white panties before singing some bars of Vogue and then recreating The Last Supper with herself as the main feast. While its easy to see why some could be offended by this, Madonna delivered it with a huge sense of irony and self-parody.

While the audience was impressed with the first part of the show, they didnt catch on fire until the second act, when Madonna beautifully sang True Blue. There were some longtime fans in the audience with tears coming out of their eyes. She then sang Deeper and Deeper from her 1992 album Erotica and even though she displayed some impressive dance moves, her powerful singing is what really made the performance come alive.

Madonna then fought with a dancer on a staircase while singing Heartbreak City, a forgettable track from Rebel Heart. However, when she switched to Love Dont Live Here Anymore from 1984s Like a Virgin, she brought the audience to their feet just by belting out the lyrics. Madonna then performed the Like a Virgin title track very playfully, almost like she was imitating herself from 30 years ago.

By the time Madonna performed La Isla Bonita, the audience wasnt only on fire, but exploding with joy. She did a slow version of Whos That Girl, which had fans lighting their phone flashlights all over the arena. Perhaps the nights best performance was Ghosttown, the song that followed. Even though its a relatively new song (and wasnt a huge hit), the audience still knew the words and sang along as Madonnas voice was filled with the amount of raw emotion and intensity rarely seen throughout her career.

Madonna thrilled the audience by bringing back a jazzy version of Music and Material Girl, which had her throwing dancers in tuxedos down a photo slide that must have cost several thousand dollars to make. She then talked about marriage (It goes downhill from here!) and then stunningly sang Edith Piafs La Vie En Rose.

Madonna brought a Britney Spears clone on stage during Unapologetic B***h before closing the show with the album version of Holiday while wearing the American flag. It was a night Madonna reconnected with her longtime fans, some who doubted that she still had it. As expected, Madonna proved that age is just a number. More importantly, however, Madonna proved that her she can thrill people with her voice just as much as she can with all the usual bells and whistles from her shows.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2456393/madonna-shocks-chicago-audience-but-not-in-way-they-expected/#JMbwSxLsrvLjzrjk.99

Really touching review:

http://www.chicagonow.com/zen-living-by-design/2015/09/madonna-rebel-heart-illuminates-chicago/

Madonna Rebel Heart Illuminates Chicago

By MaryEllen Malinowski, today at 7:22 pm

Madonna. Chicago. One Night. United Center. Sold Out. What more do you need to know or even imagine with the energy, love and passion that fans of Madonna have waited for, and bowed in honor at the muse of a collective enigma of love and light. The woman and the music that is an icon in history that has inspired and breathed a strength into all of us.

A lifetime fan, as a photographer I collected thirty years of magazine covers that once adored my studio. Books, albums, and even a 45 record with her release of Borderline, I was hesitant to the point of only purchasing my ticket five hours before the concert. Yet, Madonna saved me. It was time to honor the woman who saved my youth. Pregnant and having to get married at seventeen, Madonna was there. Divorced with two kids at 19, Madonna was there. At 21 years old, walking into my first disco as a single mom of two, I went there for one purpose... to dance to Madonna's voice, Love Don't Live Here Anymore. Through pain and through celebrations, it was Madonna who got me through the most difficult times in my life. She saved me. No drugs, no alcohol, and from an abusive situation, Madonna through her music taught me to rise above. I went last night to thank and support her with her latest collection, Rebel Heart. Iconic, Heartbreak City... captivated me when she climbed the stairs, pushed her dancer off the edge and sang Love Don't Live here Anymore. Madonna knew my story. The music had me in tears. Madonna connected the present with the past, yet focused on the importance of change and letting the past be exactly that. Her single Ghostown, brought me back to the innocence of the Madonna I knew and treasured. Madonna came full circle playing everything that we loved.

Last night's concert changed everyone. Don't you dare tell me she is too old. I dare you to attend one of her concerts. Every word, every breathe, every pulsating sound of light and energy that was experienced last night vibrates within everyone who was in the United Center and was privileged to experience the power of Madonna.

"I'm still trying to figure who I am" Madonna shared with the Chicago crowd. Ongoing cheers and applauds came from the crowd from the highest point of the United Center to the lower level for one reason and one reason only. Madonna connects with each and everyone in her presence. Every single one. What I thought was people coming to a "Madonna Concert" ... I quickly realized that they came to honor her for the inspiration she has given to the world. We are all Madonna, with no limitation, no crosses to bear. Bitch, I'm Madonna. Madonna is the ethereal light that lives within us all.

Madonna and her dancers gave a theatrical performance that told stories and lifted our understanding of her lyrics and music to a higher vibration... electrifying and magnetic. Although I went with my friend Porzia, I had to sit on the side by the stage... and for the first time it didn't matter I was alone or with strangers.. because we all became one. The man next to me became Joe, a friend that too, high fived me when Madonna began singing Like a Virgin, or when Sean from Brazil said M I want to take a selfie with you to remember this night. Are you kidding me? Who has the power to unite strangers into becoming new friends. Ms. Madonna my friends, that's who.

This blog is not about a review of her voice. It was impeccable. It is not a blog to critique or write about the postives or the negatives as it was pure perfection. It was not about judgement, it was a concert with a united voice. "In order to have a Revolution, you need to have a Rebel Heart, Madonna told us. Stir up some shit and do it with heart and love. I want to thank you for supporting me all these years."

This is being the difference and this is what we all inspire to be. Through her music, we will not forget that we can too. This is Zen Living. Living a life of integrity and having a voice. Madonna shared a visual presentation of hundreds of pieces of artwork that through the years, people had drawn, sketched, painted and interpreted of Madonna and her artistry. Madonna said this was the favorite part of the show... and as I watched I thought to myself... I should have not stopped myself when I wanted to inquire about photographing her in infrared light. I should have played a Madonna song to give me the courage to contact her manager. It would have added another element to the mosaic she is. Yet, I smiled, watched her sing, play the guitar and dance knowing that I know her light and I am forever blessed for the grace she shares with all of us. Madonna, our Illuminati.

Really touching review:

http://www.chicagonow.com/zen-living-by-design/2015/09/madonna-rebel-heart-illuminates-chicago/

Madonna Rebel Heart Illuminates Chicago

By MaryEllen Malinowski, today at 7:22 pm

Madonna. Chicago. One Night. United Center. Sold Out. What more do you need to know or even imagine with the energy, love and passion that fans of Madonna have waited for, and bowed in honor at the muse of a collective enigma of love and light. The woman and the music that is an icon in history that has inspired and breathed a strength into all of us.

A lifetime fan, as a photographer I collected thirty years of magazine covers that once adored my studio. Books, albums, and even a 45 record with her release of Borderline, I was hesitant to the point of only purchasing my ticket five hours before the concert. Yet, Madonna saved me. It was time to honor the woman who saved my youth. Pregnant and having to get married at seventeen, Madonna was there. Divorced with two kids at 19, Madonna was there. At 21 years old, walking into my first disco as a single mom of two, I went there for one purpose... to dance to Madonna's voice, Love Don't Live Here Anymore. Through pain and through celebrations, it was Madonna who got me through the most difficult times in my life. She saved me. No drugs, no alcohol, and from an abusive situation, Madonna through her music taught me to rise above. I went last night to thank and support her with her latest collection, Rebel Heart. Iconic, Heartbreak City... captivated me when she climbed the stairs, pushed her dancer off the edge and sang Love Don't Live here Anymore. Madonna knew my story. The music had me in tears. Madonna connected the present with the past, yet focused on the importance of change and letting the past be exactly that. Her single Ghostown, brought me back to the innocence of the Madonna I knew and treasured. Madonna came full circle playing everything that we loved.

Last night's concert changed everyone. Don't you dare tell me she is too old. I dare you to attend one of her concerts. Every word, every breathe, every pulsating sound of light and energy that was experienced last night vibrates within everyone who was in the United Center and was privileged to experience the power of Madonna.

"I'm still trying to figure who I am" Madonna shared with the Chicago crowd. Ongoing cheers and applauds came from the crowd from the highest point of the United Center to the lower level for one reason and one reason only. Madonna connects with each and everyone in her presence. Every single one. What I thought was people coming to a "Madonna Concert" ... I quickly realized that they came to honor her for the inspiration she has given to the world. We are all Madonna, with no limitation, no crosses to bear. Bitch, I'm Madonna. Madonna is the ethereal light that lives within us all.

Madonna and her dancers gave a theatrical performance that told stories and lifted our understanding of her lyrics and music to a higher vibration... electrifying and magnetic. Although I went with my friend Porzia, I had to sit on the side by the stage... and for the first time it didn't matter I was alone or with strangers.. because we all became one. The man next to me became Joe, a friend that too, high fived me when Madonna began singing Like a Virgin, or when Sean from Brazil said M I want to take a selfie with you to remember this night. Are you kidding me? Who has the power to unite strangers into becoming new friends. Ms. Madonna my friends, that's who.

This blog is not about a review of her voice. It was impeccable. It is not a blog to critique or write about the postives or the negatives as it was pure perfection. It was not about judgement, it was a concert with a united voice. "In order to have a Revolution, you need to have a Rebel Heart, Madonna told us. Stir up some shit and do it with heart and love. I want to thank you for supporting me all these years."

This is being the difference and this is what we all inspire to be. Through her music, we will not forget that we can too. This is Zen Living. Living a life of integrity and having a voice. Madonna shared a visual presentation of hundreds of pieces of artwork that through the years, people had drawn, sketched, painted and interpreted of Madonna and her artistry. Madonna said this was the favorite part of the show... and as I watched I thought to myself... I should have not stopped myself when I wanted to inquire about photographing her in infrared light. I should have played a Madonna song to give me the courage to contact her manager. It would have added another element to the mosaic she is. Yet, I smiled, watched her sing, play the guitar and dance knowing that I know her light and I am forever blessed for the grace she shares with all of us. Madonna, our Illuminati.

What a touching and beautiful review. That's exactly how I felt watching this show it felt personal she knew my story our story my personal story with Madonna. I cried watching this show since opening night on periscope and then cried even more watching it live. This show unlike any other show just feels so magical I can't explain the connection. Then she added Ghosttown to the setlist at my show the song dedicated to my bestie standing next me in awe his bday gift come to life. I'm sorry I'm going on and on no one cares.

What a touching and beautiful review. That's exactly how I felt watching this show it felt personal she knew my story our story my personal story with Madonna. I cried watching this show since opening night on periscope and then cried even more watching it live. This show unlike any other show just feels so magical I can't explain the connection. Then she added Ghosttown to the setlist at my show the song dedicated to my bestie standing next me in awe his bday gift come to life. I'm sorry I'm going on and on no one cares.

Magical is a perfect description. I'm also so overwhelmed by the joy and positivity in this show. I think it's much needed in this world, or at least in my life, as a guiding inspiration. That's so sweet about your bff and your connection with GT and that she sang it for you!