Rebel Heart Tour press reports, reviews, videos & pictures

Apples388

i have only seen snippets from this tour cause i wanna experience it all live in november and december. i just saw la vie en rose, iconic, holiday and burning up. and i noticed that the backing track on burning up (from the pro shots) is really loud. does it sound like this in the arena itself?

i love she's getting soi much positivity! she deserves it after f*cking thirty + years.

love it!!

Yeah The Burning up one sounds weird on that pro vid. Doesnt sound like it usually.

Posted Today, 06:11 PM

Madonna wows adoring fans at Centre Vidéotron in Quebec City Madonna_Quebec_City_21_Sept_2015-800x500

Main pic: Madonna, Rebel Heart Tour, Centre Vidéotron, Quebec City, 21 Sept 2015. Photo credit: Andrew Greenfield.

With over 300 million records sold worldwide and recognised as the best-selling female recording artist of all time, Madonna Louise Ciccone was back in Quebec City.

Hard to believe this woman is 57 years old. She doesn’t look it, doesn’t act it, and has more energy than some people thirty years her junior.

After performing on the Plains of Abraham to mixed reviews back in the summer of 2012, Madonna was back in Quebec City for a show at the Centre Vidéotron.

12,000+ fans came out to see the ‘Queen of Pop’ and they got everything they could have hoped for.

The show kicked on after an early faux pas – Madonna, displaying a momentary lapse in concentration by confusing Quebec City with Montreal before quickly correcting herself. ‘My brain is burning up’ she joked.

The show was magic, the sets elaborate, the costume changes outlandish, and the woman herself raunchy, energetic, and constantly on the move.

She delivered an (as expected) expletive-riddled performance. ‘Are you with me motherfuckers?’

The dancers, of which there were many, added to the experience. It has to be said they probably have the most demanding boss in the business. Some of these dancers would be 30-35 years her junior but they needed to be fit to keep up with one of the hardest working artists out there. And they did, and didn’t stop.

Toughest dancing gig out there. You bet.

On her Rebel Heart Tour, The Queen of Pop performed songs from her latest album including Bitch I’m Madonna, Iconic, Body Shop, Immuninati, Unapolgetic Bitch, Devil Pray, and Holy Water.

The crowd remained seated for most of those tracks, but did get to their feet when the older songs were given an airing. Like a Virgin might seem like an odd choice for a woman in her mid-50’s, with four children of her own, but this is Madonna, and it worked. There was plenty of swearing, gyrating, and interaction with the crowd.

True Blue, Who’s That Girl, La Isla Bonita, and Material Girl were performed to much appreciation.

Who’s That Girl was particularly special. We already know this woman can sing (over 300 million records sold worldwide attest to that), but the acoustic version of this track was spectacular. Just the woman herself perched on a bar stool with her ukelele.

She brought the house down with her version of the Edith Piaf classic ‘La Vie en rose.‘ Singing in French with the crowd joining in, this woman knew her audience.

The acoustic versions of her songs showed Madonna‘s true talent.

Although not to the taste of some, perhaps an acoustic tour might be on the cards down the line.

There were three ladies in front of me, roughly the same age as Madonna, and I’d hazard a guess had perhaps taken advantage of the refreshing beverages on offer, who were there for some more physical activity. Powerful, acoustic offerings not for them. ‘Awaille, on veut danser’ they exclaimed as they slumped further into their chairs in no fit state to dance at all.

I think they’d have liked a prayer. The didn’t get one and neither did we.

With the stage full of dancers and the audience on their feet, the icon, initially draped in a Canadian flag and then a Quebec one ended the evening with Holiday.

Why can't people post the time the thing you're interested in watching starts? Do I have to watchh the whole shit?

oh hm.. well i shared it because i found it somewhere else with the same text without actually watching it yet cuz i was in a hurry.. but its at 12:54, so there you go. after watching now though she says her crew thought her show was terrific and she rants about wanting M&Sean to get back together after hearing he's been to her concert and introduced his daughter.

oh hm.. well i shared it because i found it somewhere else with the same text without actually watching it yet cuz i was in a hurry.. but its at 12:54, so there you go. after watching now though she says her crew thought her show was terrific and she rants about wanting M&Sean to get back together after hearing he's been to her concert and introduced his daughter.

Thank you. And sorry if I was rude.

Not sure if this was posted:

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/music/20150922_Madonna_loves_Pope_Francis.html

Madonna loves Pope Francis
Lauren McCutcheon, Daily News Staff Writer
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Madonna comes to town on tour Thursday, two days before Pope Francis arrives.

Coincidence?

Or, is the Queen of Pop trying to meet up with il Papa?

Madonna Ciccone, 57, has spent three decades riling up the church that inspired her holy first name.

She's rolled around stages in wedding (or are they First Holy Communion?) dresses, accessorized corsets with crucifixes and rosaries (and a belt buckle reading "BOY TOY"), and spoken out loudly and proudly against Catholic orthodoxy.

She may have made strides toward family values with "Papa Don't Preach," her 1986 hit about "keepin' my baby."

But then came 1989's "Like a Prayer" video - stigmata, saint-kissing, cross-burning and all - which seemed tame compared with her 2006 "Confessions" tour, wherein she belted the ballad while hoisted upon a glittering cross, a custom-made bloody crown of thorns around her head. She even pulled off the performance in a Roman arena just 1 mile from Vatican City.

No wonder past popes have accused her of "blasphemy" and "provocation."

Madonna has said she's been excommunicated three times.

And yet . . . the iconic controversialist has also confessed to having quite a thing for the current Bishop of Rome.

In February she told Billboard, "I... feel this new pope is kind of groovy. And I think we might be able to get together and have a chat about sex."

Um, maybe not.

But they could talk dance. The best-selling female recording artist of all time got her start dancing. She tangos with Terrence Howard in her lush apocalyptic video "Ghosttown."

The tango is the signature dance of the pontiff's native home of Argentina. On the pope's 78th birthday, pilgrims in St. Peter's Square tangoed in his honor.

His holiness and the maven of Maverick Records could also talk history. Madonna won a Golden Globe Award for her portrayal of Argentine first lady Eva Peron in "Evita." (She tangos with Antonio Banderas in the film.)

Then again, the unlikely pair could just break bread together.

In response to the pope's statement that he "would not judge" the gay community, Madonna told an Italian radio host, "God bless Pope Francis. We've got to meet. A plate of pasta, a bottle of good wine. Do I have a chance?"

Chances are, no. World Meeting of Families festival host Mark "Marky Mark" Wahlberg might get an audience with the Bishop of Rome. The "Material Girl" is not likely to.

Pope Francis arrives in Philly on Saturday morning. That night, Madonna has to do the Boston leg of her much-praised, nostalgic-yet-fierce "Rebel Heart" tour. That night, she'll probably reprise "Like a Virgin," "Dress You Up," "La Isla Bonita," "Get Into the Groove" and "Holiday," along with recent releases "Living for Love" and "Bitch I'm Madonna."

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean Francis is gonna chill wit' you any time soon, Madge.

Madonna, Wells Fargo Center, 3601 S. Broad St., 8 p.m. Thursday, $40-$355, 800-298-4200, comcasttix.com.

Great review from my alma mater, NYU! Yeah!

http://www.nyunews.com/2015/09/23/30-years-later-madonna-returns-to-madison-square-garden/

Jake Viswanath, Contributing writer
September 23, 2015

At one point during her Thursday night show at Madison Square Garden, Madonna sat down at the end of her cross-shaped catwalk, guitar in hand, and started talking to the audience.

“Well here we are, 30 years later,” Madonna said to the screaming crowd, referring to the first time she played the Garden on her 1985 “Virgin Tour.” “I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.”

It was a particularly heartfelt and nostalgic moment from the Queen of Pop, something that’s unusual for her shows. Among other things, Madonna is known for her intense and provocative world tours. They are usually filled with profanity-laced greetings rather than heart, and a focus on the present rather than the past. Even her greatest hits are reimagined when they are brought out. This is part of what has kept fans coming back to see her for 30 years. But the singer’s new “Rebel Heart Tour” has a different feel.

The show, her second of two at the Garden, kicked off in classic Madonna style as she sang “Rebel Heart” from a descending cage surrounded by dancers dressed as medieval guards. She followed with a rendition of “Bitch I’m Madonna” and an electric guitar-driven “Burning Up,” the first of a few reinventions of ’80s classics throughout the night.

The show’s obligatory blasphemous number was a mashup of “Rebel Heart’s” “Holy Water” and the classic “Vogue,” during which the provocateur and four dancers dressed as scantily-clad nuns performed with cross-shaped stripper poles before recreating “The Last Supper” on stage. It was a sight to behold, and one of the evening’s most unforgettable moments.

As the night went on, however, Madonna began to focus less on jaw-dropping theatrics and more on simply having fun. The sheer joy was contagious throughout the arena, as she and the audience danced to a faithful rendition of “Deeper and Deeper” and a remixed “Like a Virgin,” complete with a strip tease. The night was filled with audience interaction, making it more intimate than your average pop show. After thanking specific fans in the crowd for their support, she brought an unsuspecting fan on stage to dance with her during “Unapologetic Bitch.”

But the show’s most special moment came as she sang an acoustic version of “True Blue,” a song she has not performed live since 1987’s “Who’s That Girl Tour” while the song’s subject, Oscar-winning actor and ex-husband Sean Penn, watched from the front row. It was a sign that their tumultuous relationship has come full-circle on a good note, and a remarkably personal moment to witness in a theatrical arena show.

The “Rebel Heart Tour” proves that Madonna can thrill an arena crowd without the bells and whistles that make up her typical pop spectacle. She has never sounded better or looked more at ease on stage, giving fans yet another reason to keep coming back after a three-decade career with no sign of stopping soon.

Great review from my alma mater, NYU! Yeah!

http://www.nyunews.com/2015/09/23/30-years-later-madonna-returns-to-madison-square-garden/

Jake Viswanath, Contributing writer

September 23, 2015

At one point during her Thursday night show at Madison Square Garden, Madonna sat down at the end of her cross-shaped catwalk, guitar in hand, and started talking to the audience.

Well here we are, 30 years later, Madonna said to the screaming crowd, referring to the first time she played the Garden on her 1985 Virgin Tour. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

It was a particularly heartfelt and nostalgic moment from the Queen of Pop, something thats unusual for her shows. Among other things, Madonna is known for her intense and provocative world tours. They are usually filled with profanity-laced greetings rather than heart, and a focus on the present rather than the past. Even her greatest hits are reimagined when they are brought out. This is part of what has kept fans coming back to see her for 30 years. But the singers new Rebel Heart Tour has a different feel.

The show, her second of two at the Garden, kicked off in classic Madonna style as she sang Rebel Heart from a descending cage surrounded by dancers dressed as medieval guards. She followed with a rendition of Bitch Im Madonna and an electric guitar-driven Burning Up, the first of a few reinventions of 80s classics throughout the night.

The shows obligatory blasphemous number was a mashup of Rebel Hearts Holy Water and the classic Vogue, during which the provocateur and four dancers dressed as scantily-clad nuns performed with cross-shaped stripper poles before recreating The Last Supper on stage. It was a sight to behold, and one of the evenings most unforgettable moments.

As the night went on, however, Madonna began to focus less on jaw-dropping theatrics and more on simply having fun. The sheer joy was contagious throughout the arena, as she and the audience danced to a faithful rendition of Deeper and Deeper and a remixed Like a Virgin, complete with a strip tease. The night was filled with audience interaction, making it more intimate than your average pop show. After thanking specific fans in the crowd for their support, she brought an unsuspecting fan on stage to dance with her during Unapologetic Bitch.

But the shows most special moment came as she sang an acoustic version of True Blue, a song she has not performed live since 1987s Whos That Girl Tour while the songs subject, Oscar-winning actor and ex-husband Sean Penn, watched from the front row. It was a sign that their tumultuous relationship has come full-circle on a good note, and a remarkably personal moment to witness in a theatrical arena show.

The Rebel Heart Tour proves that Madonna can thrill an arena crowd without the bells and whistles that make up her typical pop spectacle. She has never sounded better or looked more at ease on stage, giving fans yet another reason to keep coming back after a three-decade career with no sign of stopping soon.

Great review, thanks! It's funny to see how people appreciate and love her more when her focus is less on theatrics and more on having fun and smiling througout the show. I believe it makes her seem more 'human' and that's what the GP wants.

Just showed my students at the community college my video of La Vie en Rose from last Thursday - as I had to run out of class like a bat out of hell to get to MSG on time - their comments "she looks amazing" "I didn't know she spoke French" - but their favorite part was when I unmistakably sang along at the end - Love my job

https://youtu.be/Q0usKi0rdAM

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Great review, thanks! It's funny to see how people appreciate and love her more when her focus is less on theatrics and more on having fun and smiling througout the show. I believe it makes her seem more 'human' and that's what the GP wants.

I think it's less a question of seeming human but more about connecting to the audience, which you can't very well do with too much technological apparatuses or when the artist is lipsyncing in order to realize complex choreographies. Live singing and live instruments do make a difference in that regard.

Just showed my students at the community college my video of La Vie en Rose from last Thursday - as I had to run out of class like a bat out of hell to get to MSG on time - their comments "she looks amazing" "I didn't know she spoke French" - but their favorite part was when I unmistakably sang along at the end - Love my job

https://youtu.be/Q0usKi0rdAM

I swear you can hear me laughing after she said "Everybody sing along" in the background, since I really did let out a loud laugh.

I think it's less a question of seeming human but more about connecting to the audience, which you can't very well do with too much technological apparatuses or when the artist is lipsyncing in order to realize complex choreographies. Live singing and live instruments do make a difference in that regard.

Well, that's actually what I meant. Connecting and talking to the audience = being less robotic and more approachable and 'human' to the GP