Rebel Heart Tour press reports, reviews, videos & pictures

Apples388

sorry if posted already :rotfl:

nypost

Devout Catholics outraged over Madonna’s nun costume

By Richard Johnson

September 16, 2015 | 7:15pm

Madonna is continuing to antagonize devout Catholics on her latest tour.

Singing “Holy Water,” the ageless pop star strips off her skirt to reveal a skimpy nun’s habit — and starts to pole dance. Then, her dancers act out the Last Supper, with Madonna in the central role as Jesus.

Bill Donohue of the Catholic League said mocking Catholics is Madonna’s “last refuge as she struggles to avoid becoming an entertainment has-been. For her and her fans, apparently, Catholic-bashing is the one thing that never gets old.”

Madge plays Madison Square Garden Wednesday and Thursday and Barclays Center in Brooklyn Saturday.

sorry if posted already :rotfl:

nypost

Devout Catholics outraged over Madonna’s nun costume

By Richard Johnson

September 16, 2015 | 7:15pm

Madonna is continuing to antagonize devout Catholics on her latest tour.

Singing “Holy Water,” the ageless pop star strips off her skirt to reveal a skimpy nun’s habit — and starts to pole dance. Then, her dancers act out the Last Supper, with Madonna in the central role as Jesus.

Bill Donohue of the Catholic League said mocking Catholics is Madonna’s “last refuge as she struggles to avoid becoming an entertainment has-been. For her and her fans, apparently, Catholic-bashing is the one thing that never gets old.”

Madge plays Madison Square Garden Wednesday and Thursday and Barclays Center in Brooklyn Saturday.

I see it coming. When Madonna arrives in Italy and Vatican will go nuts and critize her. :laugh:

could all the fans who have seen her show give her 5 stars on ticketmaster.com? lets do this. she deserves it :)

Done, thank you for reminding me!!! From the reviews on there I've seen so far for this tour, the D.C. crowd so far has been the best at leaving reviews. I guess they like to have their opinions counted :) I hope the Montreal and NYC folks start adding their feedback. It would really be unfair for Madonna to get stuck with a bad rating (still at 3.2/5) because of the human impulse to voice complaints (the very large number of low star MDNA Tour reviews left on the site) much more so than share praise.

Who cares about a ticketmaster rating m doesnt give a fuck

I'm sorry, I don't mean this personally, but I hate when M fans say this. If someone doesn't want to take the time to add a review, fine that's their prerogative, but it matters and she cares.

I see it coming. When Madonna arrives in Italy and Vatican will go nuts and critize her. :laugh:

Its always as funny.. Why do they even bother anymore. They survived her hanging from a cross already amoung other heavenly blasphemous things from her. :)

Besides, why do they always view things as so negative or mocking way? The Holy Water vogue Devil Pray is a clear Expression of seeking and expressing love in religion and ALL that. You know nuns are The brides of Jesús. There are the pics of Saints as icons, the choreo of Devil pointing out the importance of ecumenism etc. Just one of The forms of love or romance which is The theme and motif.

lmao this cracks me up. http://pagesix.com/2015/09/16/devout-catholics-furious-about-madonnas-nun-costume/

Singing “Holy Water,” the ageless pop star strips off her skirt to reveal a skimpy nun’s habit — and starts to pole dance. Then, her dancers act out the Last Supper, with Madonna in the central role as Jesus. :laugh:

lmao this cracks me up. http://pagesix.com/2015/09/16/devout-catholics-furious-about-madonnas-nun-costume/

Singing Holy Water, the ageless pop star strips off her skirt to reveal a skimpy nuns habit and starts to pole dance. Then, her dancers act out the Last Supper, with Madonna in the central role as Jesus. :laugh:

:lmao::wow:

Guys, does there a hq audio exist of this tour ?

There's a couple of the Montreal show...but they're not great in quality.

Still waiting on a really good HQ one...I'm sure a few will come around in the next few months. MDNA has quite a few good ones...so it's a just matter of waiting.

Another great review, from Time Out. I love the comparison to Frank Sinatra!

http://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/seven-highlights-from-madonnas-concert-at-madison-square-garden-091715

Madonna has spent the year in a fog of bad press: leaked tracks from her new album, Rebel Heart, false rumors of low sales, relentless Internet debate about her age and behavior. Last night at Madison Square Garden, in the first show of her three-concert NYC engagement, she easily cleared the air with an eclectic and electrifying performance. After more than three decades, Madonna remains an authoritative diva, far from the end of her reign; she’s rarely seemed more natural and relaxed. Here are the night’s most memorable moments.

1. “Body Shop”/“True Blue”: The first section of the concert is devoted to an intense, goth pageant of songs from Rebel Heart (plus “Deeper and Deeper” from 1992’s Erotica), exploring sexual and spiritual themes that Madonna has been navigating for decades. It’s cool—and hot—but the audience lets out a collective sigh of pleasure when she switches to a bright, ’50s-greaser vibe for “Body Shop” from Rebel Heart. That's followed by a honey-sweet croon of the title track from 1986’s True Blue, with Madonna accompanying herself on the ukulele and radiating country warmth.

2. “Devil Pray”: An instant classic from the new album, with soothing chords reminiscent of the best tracks from 2003’s underrated American Life, this song quickly inspires the audience to sing along with its earworm chorus:

And we can do drugs and we can smoke weed and we can drink whiskey

Yeah, we can get high and we can get stoned

And we can sniff glue and we can do E and we can drop acid

Forever be lost with no way home

It’s a Dr. Feelgood testament to the strength of her current work.

3. “Like A Virgin”: Halfway through the show, the opening notes of the iconic title track from Like A Virgin(1984) begin to play, and Madonna is suddenly alone on stage in a short-sleeved gingham blouse, looking like the girl next door. It’s a stunning transformation. What follows is a masterfully simple song-and-dance number, performed without backup. It’s unlike any previous version, and it boldly illuminates the freshness at the song’s core and the attention-commanding frankness of her performing it.

4. “Music”: At one time, it was rumored Madonna would star in the film version of the Broadway musicalChicago. The hit title track from Music (2000) gives her the chance to deliver that Jazz Age–style razzmatazz in a shimmery black flapper dress adorned with thousands of Swarovski crystals. “Music” is a natural fit for this showbiz approach, and Madonna and her dancers bring down the house.

5. ’80s Hits Medley: As happy as the audience is to hear the early hits "Dress You Up,” "Into the Groove” and “Lucky Star,” this number is an unpolished misfire. Posing as a ragtag crew of players, Madonna and her ensemble call to mind an amalgamation of The Muppet Show and the Star Wars cantina. There’s too much going on, but they seem to be having so much fun that it’s hard not to smile.

6. “La Vie en Rose”: Madonna sings Edith Piaf? Oui, oui! Madonna accompanies herself on guitar and delivers a gorgeous acoustic vocal in French. Her rich, plaintive rendition suggest that she could probably pull off a whole set built around just her singing, without all the bells and whistles (and crosses and stripper poles and hotties and hydraulics).

7. “Rebel Heart”: Late in the show, Madonna sits on a stool at the end of her runway platform and admits to feeling nostalgic: She first played Madison Square Garden 30 years ago. Instead of launching into another oldie, though, she passionately sings her new album’s title track, imbuing it with an anthem-like quality. It has the feel of a personal statement, like Frank Sinatra’s “My Way”—the midcareer calling card of another music legend who conquered Madison Square Garden in his 50s and who remained an icon throughout era after era, shapeshifting to thrive.

Splendid, balanced review

It makes more sense than The Guardian one even if they rated the show 5 stars. Applauding her for "embracing her past" while always trying to diminish her current songs. I don't understand why in 2015 people cannot let her be creative with music which is what she does best and expect her to trot out the 80s and 90s songs only. They called Devil Pray dodgy :lmao: One of her best, most refined, poignant works in years.

So glad that this current album is getting exposed to so many people through this tour, an otherwise missed opportunity as her new stuff is mostly blacklisted from radio. While inferior music shoots up to the top 5 with 300 times the amount of airplay.