OPENING NIGHT THREAD: Live from Montreal - updates in real time.. (part 1)

Platinum Gold

Guest Rachelle of London

Don't really dislike them, but they for sure are two of her worst songs... you are free to disagree with that... but that does not change my opinion about the songs.

Thats what makes us such a great fanbase and so spoilt for choice, they're like my two favourite songs :lmao:

Don't really dislike them, but they for sure are two of her worst songs... you are free to disagree with that... but that does not change my opinion about the songs.

I agree with that noble principle! Nothing changes my opinion that you are one of her worst fans for hating those two songs. :smoke:

The LFL tour remix is the TV promo mix (Ellen, Grand Journal...), no? If so, there is an Up Up Up part but it's kinda botched up like the rest of the song.

I would have loved to see the dance breakdown she did for the original version, like here at the Grammy's from 3:35 on...

Agreed. The Brits/Grammys version is perfect for a live perfomance. :(

Thats what makes us such a great fanbase and so spoilt for choice, they're like my two favourite songs :lmao:

Lol, I'm sure that the songs will be great live... but yes... with Madonna's huge catalogue of songs we all have something to love, and something that we'll like less :s377:

I agree with that noble principle! Nothing changes my opinion that you are one of her worst fans for hating those two songs. :smoke:

... and nothing changes the fact, that I don't really care how you feel about me... so you are welcome to think so :lmao:

Maybe she uses the drum mix but not exactly like that. Anyway she was either sick of the songs she sang during promo or feels they are cursed. She did the same with most of AL singles.

At last we have the beautiful performances from TV of Joan and Ghosttown YAY!!!!

You're seriously the absolute worst with your constant personal attacks on people.

Anyway, set list looks divine. If Burning Up and Material Girl are true, I'm absolutely over the moon. 👯

Edited by KalamazooJay

This was posted in the MadonnaTribe forum by torontoboy, who heard the 5 first songs at yesterday's dress rehearsal before being kicked out by security:

Iconic was not mimed. Live vocals in rehearsal yesterday.

Oh I thought Iconic was just a video opening the show!

I thought so, too, but it appears to be a full performance preceded by a video intro.

Except for montreal, icon is sending email to tell fan a contest to upgrade their ticket for the venue!! Selfie and the name if the city before the sept 15th for the 3-4 dates after

Does anyone remember which fansites/Twitter pages were the best at updating LIVE reports of the opening night for the MDNA Tour? I'm guessing Madonnarama and DrownedMadonna but they have been eerily quiet as of late. I just wanna be prepared for today!

It's a shame Into The Groove disappeared completely. LAP, ROL and HU would have made this set list perfect (in place of CS, HBC and La Vie En Rose). Still, as someone pointed out, it contains something for everyone - big hits/classics, fan favourites and plenty of RH tracks (although if GT doesn't appear, then that will be the head scratcher moment of the tour)...

Someone elsewhere mentioned feeling sorry for Australians, but the following were all Top 15 hits here:

Holiday
Burning Up
Like A Virgin (I can't remember if it's on the latest set list or not, though)
Material Girl
Dress You Up (if it makes it)
True Blue
La Isla Bonita
Who's That Girl
Vogue
Deeper & Deeper (if it makes it)
Music

As I said, ITG, LAP, ROL and HU would have made the set list a lot stronger (especially for Australasia and Asia), but overall, it's still great and as always, it will be visually and thematically spectacular icon_biggrin.gif

Will she be late this time around???

it's not funny anymore....the negativity. i know you don't care and probably like to piss us of,but why? what's the point? funny about it?

start living for love instead of negativity..

Guest ditaluver

I can't tell you I will tweet live. Maybe during interludes but sure right after to anwser questions and tell my humble opinion so follow me on twitter/instagram @yannbouch

cool! i started following you on instagram :)