OPENING NIGHT THREAD: Live from Montreal - updates in real time.. (part 1)

Platinum Gold

Ugh i think we are 14hrs ahead of Montreal. Its 6pm wednesday here so i wont know anything for like 20hrs. Work tomorrow will be very unproductive as i site glued to the forum. Thank god i have an amazing data plan on my phone.

At what time does the concert start?

Diplo is scheduled to go on stage at 8 p.m. local time.

Just add Montreal to your world clock on your phone!

It's about 4.30am there, so still all day and half the evening until she's on. For me she will be performing just before my lunch break starts at work :D

It's about 4.30am there, so still all day and half the evening until she's on. For me she will be performing just before my lunch break starts at work :D

And I'll be in Clayton learning how to be an entrepreneur :manson:

OMG, that video she posted, that setlist, those costumes sketches, this is to much, i can't. tumblr_nhchq8k41s1u70ed8o1_250.gifwe're so blessed. she working so hard to give us her best.

And people still moaning.tumblr_nhcgt2B1871u70ed8o5_250.gif

Omg I was just opening this thread the first time since yesterday and the setlist is looking right at me AAAAAAAAH!!!

I'm SO thrilled she's going to bring Who's That Girl and True Blue!!! I never thought she'd bring these songs back, especially the latter!

And Holiday, LAV, Material Girl are always great, she can't do wrong with these songs!

But yeah, the first thing I was really surprised about, no Dress You Up and Deeper And Deeper? But it's good to read those might be in there too but fans just weren't able to hear them. I kind of had a feeling Ghosttown is not going to make it. I guess it's because she feels too many ballads might slow down the flow of the show? Although I don't understand why she chooses to drop this then instead of, say, LDLHA.

Alright, what else...not sure about Burning Up??? I really like that song, but I think it's kind of a weird choice to include a rather unknown 30 year old song when you could perform your newest singles instead? And Candy Shop and Body Shop, no just no :lol: Let's see what she comes up with them, maybe they only end up being interludes...

But I have to ask one thing, are we really sure all of these songs are in perfect order? No matter how imaginate M can be with her performances, I don't see how some of the songs fit with the sections' themes. Plus we know the costume for WTG and for Candy Shop due to her Instagram posts and they're completely different. Something must be off, no?

Here in Europe, it'll be in the middle of the night when she goes on stage :p

I am lucky Carly as I have tomorrow off as a RDO. Times like these that shift work is a blessing. I am not reading anything anymore about the setlist, just skipping over posts as want to hear about the reactions of the people at the concert.

So, some figures from the WWD article:

* 4 sections (Joan of Arc Samurai, Rockabily Tokyo, Latin Quarter, Harlem-flapper-meets-Paris-in-the-Twenties)

* 8 full looks for Madonna ( !!! )

* 20 dancers (with 10 costume changes)

* 6 costume changes for the background singers

* 4 costume changes for the band

:drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama:

So, some figures from the WWD article:

* 4 sections (Joan of Arc Samurai, Rockabily Tokyo, Latin Quarter, Harlem-flapper-meets-Paris-in-the-Twenties)

* 8 full looks for Madonna ( !!! )

* 20 dancers (with 10 costume changes)

* 6 costume changes for the background singers

* 4 costume changes for the band

:drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama:

tumblr_nuctmpeTCJ1u70ed8o6_400.giftumblr_nif0kiRwB31u70ed8o1_250.giftumblr_nuctmpeTCJ1u70ed8o6_400.gif

The first time I saw the Iconic teaser, I thought the black and white parts were from the GGW video.

I'm really happy the opening interlude actually features Madonna in the video like Future Lovers. Her not being in the Candy Shop interlude was a missed opportunity.

The first time I saw the Iconic teaser, I thought the black and white parts were from the GGW video.

Wait, are you telling me that's brand new footage?! I thought it was the GGW video as well!

Very EY bed scene! So excited!

Academy awards&EY vid Are two of Madonna's most iconic defining moments, this is going to be amazing

Maybe its cause ive been a fan forever, but watching Madonna acknowledge career defining moments like the EY video and the AA performance makes me so happy and also brings so much memories...i respect everyones opinion obviously but i could never dismiss things like these, saying oh she looks like GGW video...

Can't wait to see what she has in store for us tonight!

Very EY bed scene! So excited!

Academy awards&EY vid Are two of Madonna's most iconic defining moments, this is going to be amazing

So maybe there's other iconic looks she recreated? :dramatic:

What a fantastic setlist. I never thought she'd do TB or WTG ever again. This is such a treat

Dress You Up has been the most plugged by M on Instagram. It's going to be in there somewhere.

Yes, it's definitely there....

11906089_740867099379695_1443302361_n.jp

Now all we need is Deeper and Deeper.