Doe She Prefer Hard Candy Over Confessions?

loowee

She uses every opportunity to siing "my sugar is raw, sticky and sweet"

And remember the rehearsed version with the Kalakan Trio? A different rendition from the final MDNA version. She really loves this song

Coad was perfection at the time, in combination with the tour.

but HC has the lasting power. dont know why exactly. but some very strong tracks ; she s not me/devil/dance 2nite

I think she likes CS because its a very clever song to sing live. lots of backing vocals (she only has to sing: your seat.........so sweet.......heat... etc)

/ and cool voice effects she can add without being accused of lipsynching

I love them both but I have to say, for an album that was "dated" upon its release (according to many), HC sure has aged well. Not saying COADF hasn't as that record has always had a timeless quality to it for me. Not sure she "prefers" it more than COADF but songs from HC for whatever reason have seemed to be a better fit for subsequent tours over COADF tracks. As time has gone on and more demos/info regarding the HC recording sessions has surfaced, I think it's safe to say the "Madonna on auto pilot" comments that were taken as the gospel in '08 have very much been debunked. She CLEARLY was very much into the creation of this album as much as COADF. I do feel HC has a more "personal" quality to it. The inception of COADF was completely different than HC's though.

In some ways it does seem more "general". I don't think there was anything "personal" on COADF that hadn't already been on AL.

Well maybe Like It Or Not, it was closer to Human Nature than anything on American Life.

Let It Will Be and How High just continued the "fame sucks" theme...

Confessions is a flat-out celebration of dance culture. And a fucking amazing one at that: well written, sharply produced, insatiable, catchy and filled with drama. It is as cinematic as her records have come.

Having said that, that's no slight on Hard Candy, which is thoroughly enjoyable and contains, yes, some of her best writing. There's not a song I skip. And many of the unreleased tracks are the best of her career -- so good in fact, one could argue the case of it deserving its own deluxe edition.

Guest whatatramp

Confessions is a flat-out celebration of dance culture. And a fucking amazing one at that: well written, sharply produced, insatiable, catchy and filled with drama. It is as cinematic as her records have come.

Having said that, that's no slight on Hard Candy, which is thoroughly enjoyable and contains, yes, some of her best writing. There's not a song I skip. And many of the unreleased tracks are the best of her career -- so good in fact, one could argue the case of it deserving its own deluxe edition.

+1

let's all listen to Incredible

+1

HC was only dated on the timbal and songs ... All the Pharrel songs were actually ahead of their time, with that sound becoming more prominent in hit songs after (hello blurred lines). She obviously liked Pharrel songs as she hooked up again with him in the early period for writing the new album.

And let's face it, gitm, she's not me, incredible, heartbeat, all brilliant songs. She likes candy shop so much - I think it would have been a single if it didn't leak so early before the album.

Nah I think fans were just hoping for a classic Madonna album; well produced, well sung, tight and melodic...everything HC isn't . It's no doubt referenced a bit in her live productions thanks to musical director Kevin Antunes who came on board during that era. If Price was still on board, he'd probably reference Confessions era a bit too....

:thumbsup:

I doubt Madonna would judge the album by the end result. She probably remembers more about the production process. That being said, I kind of sensed vack then that the HC sessions were a bit uncomfortable, and she had amazing chemistry with Stuart.

Never in my life would I expect to read so much Confessions slander.

'Frivolous' is the last word I would use to describe Confessions. ILNY is the only frivolous song on the record. Oh Madge.