Doe She Prefer Hard Candy Over Confessions?

loowee

She likes CS cos it's an easy peasy song to sing (or croak in s&s' case) along to. And she likes her songs about vag etc of course.

Especially since she lips all the high & dulcet lower notes (get up outta your seat / your seat etc.) anyway and only sings the first verses and chorus (very comfortable middle/lower range) live :rotfl::nocomment:

Especially since she lips all the high & dulcet lower notes (get up outta your seat / your seat etc.) anyway and only sings the first verses and chorus (very comfortable middle/lower range) live :rotfl::nocomment:

And we can add HUMAN NATURE to the list. Some songs she can get away with sounding like a dying terodactyle :bad:

She clearly likes it , its been mentioned by her many times after the era, im surprised 4 minutes havent come up yet

on MDNA we had

heartbeat

give it 2 me

4 minutes (before turn up the radio)

spanish lesson on some LA shows

candy shop

thats much more than usual

and many hints on instagram which i cant remember now

I think some of the lyrics and vocal melodies on Hard Candy are good, but the beats and music was dated before it was even released. Pharrells production sounds so cheap and out of tune to my ears anyways.

To be fair though it's not like she references Music or Ray Of Light albums at all either. And they were BIG successes. I think Hard Candy just sticks out for her because she has had the most fun with it. The other albums yielded some pretty dark themes that she brought to life on the tours. Probably not as fun to revisit. American Life being the only exception, but only because she barely performed any of it and instead did the Reinvented Hits Tour :rotfl::shy:

I think some of the lyrics and vocal melodies on Hard Candy are good, but the beats and music was dated before it was even released. Pharrells production sounds so cheap and out of tune to my ears anyways.

This is spot on. "Hard Candy" is criminally overlooked by fans for some great melodies and lyrics because Timbaland and Pharrell were so passe by 2008.

"Devil" and "Voices" and others had the makings of great tracks -- but it seems like Timba and Pharrell just phoned in all the same shit they'd been doing with Gwen Stefani and Nelly Furtado since 2003.

fans expected the same dance, electronuc things after ROL, M, and COADF. Hard Candy came and they were in for a surprise. Same thing happened with the urban side of RH. Fans wanted the dancey songs bur Madonna was like, "Hey Kanye, have a taste of my sugar pussy and mix my songs for me"

Nah I think fans were just hoping for a classic Madonna album; well produced, well sung, tight and melodic...everything HC isn't . It's no doubt referenced a bit in her live productions thanks to musical director Kevin Antunes who came on board during that era. If Price was still on board, he'd probably reference Confessions era a bit too....

No matter what Madonna thinks COADF is one of her highs and I think its the last time she felt really true to herself. She did this amazing grown up album with killer beats and later she tried to be "silly" on many songs or to be crazy and just "funky" on the following albums. It was the last album that feels really whole with a sharp cohesion and clear vision. And I really love RH and MDNA and HC. But really I think she is at her best when she collaborates with 1 or 2 ppl on an album.

No matter what Madonna thinks COADF is one of her highs and I think its the last time she felt really true to herself. She did this amazing grown up album with killer beats and later she tried to be "silly" on many songs or to be crazy and just "funky" on the following albums. It was the last album that feels really whole with a sharp cohesion and clear vision. And I really love RH and MDNA and HC. But really I think she is at her best when she collaborates with 1 or 2 ppl on an album.

Wow. Who are you to dictate how Madonna feels?

:lmao:

except that HC and MDNA and RH are way more personal than COADF.

Wow. Who are you to dictate how Madonna feels?

:lmao:

God, who else :voiceofreason::tongue: But I didnt dictate anything, I just said how COADF felt to me. Should I always add in my oppinion? Or maybe I havent said it correctly in English? The meaning was "the last time I feel she was really true to herself" as opposed to doing whats expected or doing smth that she think would bring her success.

God, who else :voiceofreason::tongue: But I didnt dictate anything, I just said how COADF felt to me. Should I always add in my oppinion? Or maybe I havent said it correctly in English? The meaning was "the last time I feel she was really true to herself" as opposed to doing whats expected or doing smth that she think would bring her success.

:chuckle: Okay i'm sorry I misunderstood that part :hugs:

Coad was perfection at the time, in combination with the tour.

but HC has the lasting power. dont know why exactly. but some very strong tracks ; she s not me/devil/dance 2nite

I think she likes CS because its a very clever song to sing live. lots of backing vocals (she only has to sing: your seat.........so sweet.......heat... etc)

/ and cool voice effects she can add without being accused of lipsynching

Coad was perfection at the time, in combination with the tour.

but HC has the lasting power. dont know why exactly. but some very strong tracks ; she s not me/devil/dance 2nite

I remember my first time hearing She's Not Me and Incredible and hating them so much but now they're some of my faves from HC,it genuinely does have that lasting power...COAD,with the exception of Hung Up and GT,is sooooo light and so easily skip~able now :(