Countdown to Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016: only TWO MORE DAYS to Opening Night!!

Apples388

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but just remember that much of this workshop footage has been re-arranged with soundtrack (as has been pointed out - the choreo we see backed by Devil Pray does not necessarily go with DP) and secondly, it is still WORKSHOP. Just like how last time for MDNA we saw that "chairs falling" scene backed by W./E. score, and Madonna jamming out to "Candy Shop" w/ the Kalakan Trio, and none of it was actually included on tour. (Yes, "Candy Shop" was included, but a completely different - and fabulous - arrangement.) So, just because we see the dancers moving to "La Isla Bonita" with a flamenco or tango professional doesn't mean that is the arrangement we'll hear on tour - nor does it mean we'll definitely even get LIB again. (Although, I kinda think we will.)

Just wanted to remind everyone of these things we already know - but sometimes push out of our minds when we start having meltdowns about this track or that track, or something she's already done before (CS or a DWT-style arrangement of LIB). Remember too that this tour is going places she's not been in a very long time - so some folks will have never ever seen anything live before, and if she has a "fave" rendition of a classic that fits with the current themes, why not? She doesn't like to repeat herself, so we know she'll adjust it slightly if it isn't exactly brand new.

Also, RESCUE ME is kind of a big deal. I know it's a long-shot, but there's hope (she's thrown out a rope, as it were). I think fans are so ready for it b/c it is a forgotten single, never performed live anywhere (even a one-off awards show or something), AND some of the LFL production nods in an early 90s house direction, which is the sound/period of "Rescue Me" - so that's why there's been some expressed interest. No need to bash the song as some unknown rarity from the vault. It was a top ten hit in the US without the advantage of an actual music video, and as many have pointed out, it's on the massive-selling TIC. Still have my fingers crossed we'll get something from Rescue Me, but ... I admit it's less likely.

Excited about a Roaring 20s/flapper theme. Loved that photo Suedehead posted of her at her b-day party a couple years ago with D-Squared. That was an amazing look for her. Will work especially well as it is new territory. I wonder if she'd even thought about including "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" in that section? Rumor was that a version of it would have been in RIT, so there has to be an arrangement of it that would sorta fit. ... Not that I'm hoping for it or anything. I like the song - think it's underappreciated - but we got it on S&S and the visuals were great.

I would be slightly surprised if we don't get the title track. I was going to say it IS the name of the tour, but there are plenty of tours that don't even reference a specific track, now that I think about it (BA, GS, RIT, CT). But the ones that do refer to a song tend to include the song, so I'd be surprised if it is even an "alternate" status, as appears to be rumored on some setlists.

Enough from me! Sorry for the rambling. Can't believe how close it is now!

check monte's periscope now, he's live streaming, i think they're at rehearsals backstage. they're not working now but he was about to show something and said he's gonna get in trouble ;)

I love how everyone is commenting for Monte to give info about the show, and he's just ignoring it. I think we're in for some surprises on Wednesday.

Edited by jjmor95

I love how everyone is commenting for Monte to give info about the show, and he's just ignoring it. I think we're in for some surprises on Wednesday.

he wants to say the setlist but then realises he can't. so he even asked the other guy to say it but he couldn't either. but you can see he likes to interact and share. the stream went off though just as he was about to show something.

Awesome! I see Chaz is there as well?

I know everyone was saying he was dropped from the tour and thinking he was a problem and and all that ... But I'm pretty sure he appears in the BIM vid (w/ blonde hair?!? - isn't it him at the top of the stairs as she heads to the roof toward the end of the video). And perhaps he hasn't posted much b/c he doesn't want to get in trouble over non-disclosure.

I'm glad Pono is back! :)

A NY Post article on the RH Tour:

http://nypost.com/2015/09/06/madonna-relying-on-fans-for-rebel-heart-tour-success/

Um, I'm fairly certain that all acts rely on fans for their tour to be a success.

theres only one date that's struggling. everything else is good. ny post is obsessed with trying to discredit M and make her a failure.

A NY Post article on the RH Tour:

http://nypost.com/2015/09/06/madonna-relying-on-fans-for-rebel-heart-tour-success/

Um, I'm fairly certain that all acts rely on fans for their tour to be a success.

The New York Post article was also negatively received in media, with The Inquisitr explaining that it "not only used false statistics to proclaim the tour a flop, but seemed like a definite hit-piece, especially since it was written only a couple days after tickets went on sale."

I wouldn't pay attention to the New York Post

The New York Post article was also negatively received in media, with The Inquisitr explaining that it "not only used false statistics to proclaim the tour a flop, but seemed like a definite hit-piece, especially since it was written only a couple days after tickets went on sale."

I wouldn't pay attention to the New York Post

I'm 100% certain that Madonna is gonna see sell-outs from across the board. Never underestimate the power of the Queen

I'm 100% certain that Madonna is gonna see sell-outs from across the board. Never underestimate the power of the Queen

U2 also weren't able to sell out shows rapidly. Most shows that sold at a slow pace didn't sell out until the day of the show, once the reviews from the first shows came in and it prompted people to start buying tickets. Same thing happened with the Rolling Stones and all of these other huge touring acts. Selling out venues within minutes isn't as common as they used to be. The shows that are not sold out will sell out by showtime. Sure, M isn't doing as many shows per city as she used to, but she's going to sell them out.

Edited by jjmor95

I is gonna repeat myself and be unapologetic about it LOLZ the malicious cunt I am. :rotfl::censored:

Madonna the album artist and Madonna the live act: Two completely different monsters.

On her albums she gave us "Till Death Do Us Part", "Secret Garden", "Love Tried to Welcome Me", "Skin", "Easy Ride", "Falling Free" -- all incredibly beautiful tracks on records and never been done live.

While on stage, she gave us CANDY SHOP, HUMAN NATURE, countless reincarnations of LA ISLA BONITA, random stuff like REVOLVER, and 90 SECONDS OF PAPA DON'T PREACH, and BEST FRIEND MIXED WITH HEARTBEAT, even INSTRUMENTAL VERSION OF DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA

One of a kind. She's Madonna :bow: