I Love Madonna, The DANGER WHORE

Stephen

I liked that recent quote where Madonna said that she likes to add a certain element of DANGER to her performances and it got me thinking...

Like WHY THE FUCK did the bitch need BLEACHERS on her Super Bowl Performance???

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18275-1328503126-9.Madonna+SB3.gif

And let's not forget the FUCKING KNOT like WHY HOE? When I watched this perf live and she had the cape on and went up the stairs, I THOT to myself THIS BITCH IS GONNA GET DRAGGED n she did :lmao:

madonnafall.0.gif

And then GETTING ROCKED in Colombia with the choreographed fights in Gang Bang

Madonna-MDNA-Tour-Medellin-Colombia-28.1

But those were just the snafus.

She EXPERTLY HANDLED THOSE MOVABLE MURDER BLOCKS ON THE MDNA TOUR AND IS THE QUEEN OF STAIRS AND CONVEYOR BELTS FOR ALL TIME.

I've only hit on some things, but there are other MOMENTS worthy of this thread.

So what is your favorite Madonna DANGER WHORE moment where she defied laws of humanity cause MADONNA JUST FUCKIN B LIKE:

true-blood-recap-ep6-10.gif

SHARE!!!!!

And let's not forget the FUCKING KNOT like WHY HOE? When I watched this perf live and she had the cape on and went up the stairs, I THOT to myself THIS BITCH IS GONNA GET DRAGGED n she did :lmao:

:laugh: I think a lot of us had a very bad feeling seconds before it happened, but you're right..the RECOVERY was astounding.

I love Dangerdonna

tumblr_n4nelkrwLQ1qlycwjo1_500.gif

And then GETTING ROCKED in Colombia with the choreographed fights in Gang Bang

Madonna-MDNA-Tour-Medellin-Colombia-28.1

I was at that show. My first though was "Oh, she added some special make up for that performance! FIERCE!! GO MADONNA!!" (I noticed during IDGA).

Then she was late for Express Yourself and people around me were like "She was bleeding for real".

Funny.

This is actually one of the things that most impressed me when I was first learning about her! and then i watched the mdna tour in 2013 and it blew me the fuck away. just the transgression/act 1 of mdna alone! i was so shocked at how involved and dangerous some of the stunts were. and i'm sure it seems much more intense bc i've only ever seen the official tour dvd, but jesus...

Like, GGW, you've got her sometimes dancing on one tower as it's moving. the time she jumps off the fully extended one backWARDS into her dancers. i flinched, i'm pretty sure my mouth fell open. the fight dancing in the instrumental breakdown, being dragged across the floor. ALL OF GANG BANG. the fight, climbing up the set wall. i didn't know she'd actually gotten injured during it but i'm not surprised. then, all of the hung up/slacklining section... i knew they wouldn't have shown it on the dvd, but i kept anticipating her getting stepped on, or dropped, or falling, or someone falling on her. and then mORE floor dragging. and all of this entire section of intricately choreographed death trap stunts, is done in high heels. navigating moving platforms, stairs, all while singing. like, walking or moving quickly in high heels i can do, but ask me to run and boom, instant sprain. every time i rewatch it i am blown away all over again by just how much is in that first act

i'm tired just writing this out, i need to go lie down for a little bit....

Sometimes when I rewatch MDNA or any other tour I realise how dangerous some of the stuff or choreographies can be. But there's a reason why she spends so much time rehearsing and getting involved in every detail of each one of her performances.. she's a perfectionist! and there's no performer like her.

Edited by shoecool