MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ULIZOS

2 Journalists Killed During Live Broadcast In Virginia; Suspect Has Died

Reporter Alison Parker and photojournalist Adam Ward were doing a live report from Bridgewater Plaza in Moneta when a gunman opened fire, killing Parker and Ward and injuring Vicki Gardner, the head of a local Chamber of Commerce who was being interviewed. Gardner is now in stable condition, hospital officials say.

I was watching it live this morning. I knew something was up and that it wasn't just a car backfiring like some people thought! I had hoped they could get away though :(

Wdbj7 has always been my favorite news too :(

I couldn't post the entire article but I'm sure some of you will share it. It's just too much for me.

They say he's dead now (the shooter) he worked for the channel but was fired a few years ago!

:(. I refuse to watch it

More senseless and tragic loss of lives due to guns. So heart-breaking in every way.

Terribly sad and disconcerting. All this violence needs to stop. Its something new everyday and a lot of people are beginning desensitized to become to it. RIP

So incredibly senseless.

This sick fuck recording the shooting himself, and uploaded his video of his actions. A first person view. Twitter removed it though as did Facebook where he also uploaded it. It was so disturbing.

NY Daily News is using stills of his recording for their cover tomorrow :megamanson:

CNYZ1GtWEAA5z-W.jpg

WTF at the newspaper using the stills!! Have they no shame?!! They should be thinking of her family! Ugh! Idiots!

Sad for their family.

TMZ and other tabloid sites are also using stills of the murder. They have no respect for the victims and their families. It's enough they had to see it live as it happened but to have it plastered everywhere is sickening. This had me riddled with anxiety. The violence the killing of innocent people in cold blood I just don't understand what is happening anymore.

This was on my mind all day yesterday and the first thing I thought about when I woke up today. To say it's unsettling is an understatement. How sad for these poor people and their families. Especially their families, who have to see it played out over and over again on TV and online. Absolutely sickening.

Everyone using the stills from this murder should be arrested and do jail time. I mean just round them all up and put them in lock down. DISGUSTING.

The killer was apparently a journalist angry for having been fired and for discrimination in the workplace for being gay and black. He sent a long letter by fax where he expressed admiration for the Columbine shooters.

The print publications and online sites that use those stills for the story should be called out. Inappropriate and crass.

Sad about these senseless and cruel deaths. I hope that the lady who was shot in the back and survived makes a full recovery.

I don't know, I'm suspicious of this. Either I'm desensitized to the state of the world, or , this did not seem real. ?? also how it is being reported by other news outlets. seems fishy.

I don't know, I'm suspicious of this. Either I'm desensitized to the state of the world, or , this did not seem real. ?? also how it is being reported by other news outlets. seems fishy.

what do you mean ??

That it's not real ?? For Christ sake what more do you need ?? :huh::abuse:

what do you mean ??

i don't know; when i find the words ill clarify but, it seems staged??? i don't want any more to conclude this happened for real, its repulsive! but...something's off about this all!

A lot of people out there agree with you and some crazy stories are floating around, search for false flag in Twitter. I for one think this is very real

what do you mean ??

Some People seem to think everything is a conspiracy today, even when it appears live in front of their eyes. I work with a few of these people and already they are saying the same thing. I personally know someone who saw and survived the Port Arthur massacre in Tasmania and yet people I work with insist on now telling me that it was a conspiracy done by America. They believe everything on conspiracy blogs on the net.

I was just watching one of the many Kennedy assassination programs and somebody noted that conspiracy has taken a quickly and easily solved crime and turned it into the most debated, scrutinized crime in the history of the world. They also gave the statistics on Americans who consider themselves conspiracy theorists- highest % lives in the south, are Republicans, low incomes etc.

A lot of people out there agree with you and some crazy stories are floating around, search for false flag in Twitter. I for one think this is very real

yea i just can't describe what I mean,,, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. i don't overanalyze, its just my first impression! i could pick it apart but I'm not going to. I mean it seems like it really happened. They're dead.

But its so...i really don't have the words!

I think alternative theories can be really interesting and I don't think anyone should completely trust government or media but I think you have to be careful not to slip into paranoia or disrespecting victims and their families. When everything that happens is a conspiracy, then there's no chance of exposing any real ones.

I find it slightly uncomfortable that the female victims father and BF(fiancé?) are giving interviews left, right and centre. I have watched several reports on different news programs and they're on every report, all different interviews.

I don't know but here in UK victims family tend to wait weeks and just give a statement early on.