1. 1. .

• Patrick Demarchelier
    • Steven Meisel
    • Herb Ritts
    • Steven Klein
    • Mario Testino
    • Jean Baptiste Mondino
    • Other:

Klien, I don't think he ever captured her beauty like the others but he was always willing to experiment a lot more then the others. Also M & M should be listed as they have done some great stuff ( as well as pretty average stuff)

Ritts has probably created the most iconic Madonna shots, but aesthetically I like Meisel's SEX book too much.

Klein really only delivered in the Confessions era, IMO. Fabulous as it is, it's not enough to put him in contention with the greats.

Ritts all the way, although Testino comes close.

I would be curious to see how Ritts would have photographed Madonna nowadays. The latest shoots which impressed me were those of MM, especially Pop 2000, and Interview.

Herb Ritts, because they are simple portraits where you see Madonna's own personality, that's why they are iconic :inlove: The star of those pictures is Madonna, only Madonna.

The pictures of Steven Meisel (1991-1992) are FANTASTIC but they are more sophisticated, and very often imitations of Marilyn Monroe classics.

Edited by madmex

This is so hard because Mario Testino is in my top favorite, but Steven Klein took the amazing Confessions photoshoots, and Herb Ritts took amazing classic pics then we have Mert and Marcus that interview photoshoot just amazing. But If I have to choose it's Testino he took amazing photoshoots.

verscase 1995

1995_testino_versace_36.jpg

vanity fair 1998

1998-vanity_fair-07-1000-1000-jpg.jpeg

Ray of light

tumblr_mqvx1vqZYc1rof9t0o1_1280.jpg