The only lyrical issue that BUGS UP MY ASS about the Rebel Heart album, is...

None of the songs contain the phrase "fuzzy dream"! :americanlife: The last time this wonderful thing made an appearance was in "Broken (I'm Sorry)" and that was like 6 years ago?

I need me some fuzzy dream from the next studio album or I will be pissed!

I can't keep waiting for you

I can't keep waiting

Anticipating that you

Will keep me waiting

Time is waiting

No hesitating

Tick tick tock

It's a quarter to two

And I'm done

I'm hanging up on you

Time goes by so slowly for those who wait

No time to hesitate

Tick tock tick tock tick tock

Guest bluejean

thank God there is no " baby Jesus on the stairs..."

I was listening to that song the other day and I was thinking... What the fuck is she talking about there?

I don't know but the whole I Don't Give A... lyrics are sooo incredible, love them so much. An underrated, I always felt.

But well, the stairs are a recurrent metaphor in Gospel, isn't it? I never found that lyrics weird.

I was listening to that song the other day and I was thinking... What the fuck is she talking about there?

She doesn't have time to pray. she has it on her stairs so she can say what she needs to while she's on the go.

I believe she addressed the lyric in the reddit chat, no?

There's no humming either. I have to replace lyrics with humming from time to time :-)

Humming is kind of her magical touch, it sucks that it's missing on RH

We have "the moon with no light of my own"

"Wanting... waiting..."

And "Not gonna stop". She never wants to stop.

Edited by Ray Finkle

There's no humming either. I have to replace lyrics with humming from time to time :-)

I personally miss the humming. It's some of her best lyrics ever.

Humming is kind of her magical touch, it sucks that it's missing on RH

Agreed.

Always love the humming, even though I wouldn't really classify that element of her songs as "lyrics," per se -- more just as a part of her vocals... But that's just semantics. I think the closest thing we get to humming on Rebel Heart are the Middle-Eastern-flavored vocalizations on "Body Shop," which is just an enchanting track. I'll "settle" for that -- as long as we can get some honest-to-goodness humming next time around.

Always love the humming, even though I wouldn't really classify that element of her songs as "lyrics," per se -- more just as a part of her vocals... But that's just semantics. I think the closest thing we get to humming on Rebel Heart are the Middle-Eastern-flavored vocalizations on "Body Shop," which is just an enchanting track. I'll "settle" for that -- as long as we can get some honest-to-goodness humming next time around.

Her humming is wonderful.

Wonderful to have you back on the forum Peter.