MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pud Whacker

Remember how Subversive Open Your Heart was?

Guest Pud Whacker   
Guest Pud Whacker

You're welcome as always! :-)

I thought it was interesting they say that "MTV reportedly asked producers to revise the video".

And Frank Zappa pops up at the end - hoping for a naked Madonna in music video. Thankfully he lived to see "Erotica" (died a year later).

OMG that was the best ever!!!

and I LOVE your new madonna-tv intro!!! best footage. you speak my language!!! :inlove;

Gus    0
On 13/8/2015 at 4:05 PM, Jamesy said:

Sorry about that - Warner Music Group have blocked it worldwide (even thought it's an ET report using only a tiny part of the song!!!).

Bloody nonsense!!!

Here it is on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1043936892297727

Haven't seen this before, thank you for sharing!!!

tasteinmen    0

My favourite song and video from Madonna, gets me every time.

Rock    0
1 hour ago, Gus said:

article-2053271-0E872D4300000578-766_468x634.jpg

Why does the BAT get all the credits for the cone bra if it first appeared at OYH/WTGT? That's not fair! :mad:

Dr Lecter    0

God I love this song. I could listen to the extended version forever . In fact I'm always listening to it or the WTG version on tour . 

Nick    0

I never listened as much as others, but it's definitely one of many Madonna eighties classic pop songs! 

Love the ground breaking video too! 

Guest Pud Whacker   
Guest Pud Whacker

:rotfl:

i saw the title of the thread and said out loud, "Of course, i do!" Then came in and saw that I started the topic!!! 

Guest Pud Whacker   
Guest Pud Whacker
55 minutes ago, Dr Lecter said:

God I love this song. I could listen to the extended version forever . In fact I'm always listening to it or the WTG version on tour . 

:headbang:

Illuminati    0
10 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

:rotfl:

i saw the title of the thread and said out loud, "Of course, i do!" Then came in and saw that I started the topic!!! 

Hilarious! :lmao:

Love the song. The 12" Extended Mix certainly is in the Top 5 of my all time favourite Madonna mixes. It's pure 80s heaven.

I enjoyed the MDNA version very much, too. Loved the arrangement and warm backing vocals by the Kalakan trio. Nothing beats the glorious original with her strong vocals though.

Gus    0

Also one of her best tour opening numbers!

Guest Pud Whacker   
Guest Pud Whacker
3 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Love the song. The 12" Extended Mix certainly is in the Top 5 of my all time favourite Madonna mixes. It's pure 80s heaven.

I enjoyed the MDNA version very much, too. Loved the arrangement and warm backing vocals by the Kalakan trio. Nothing beats the glorious original with her strong vocals though.

3 hours ago, Gus said:

Also one of her best tour opening numbers!

It's perfect!

Mattvoyager    0

True Blue was everything. God, I miss this Madonna so much.  So much.  Ppl who werent there just wont get it.  She was magic, fun, amazing, hot, mega successful and beautiful. A year later TB was still charting high.  In the UK in Nov 1987, Madonna had three albums in the top 4o.  True Blue, Who's That Girl and You Can Dance... Fukin good times.

Mattvoyager    0
8 hours ago, Illuminati said:

The 7" and Extended mix are amazing.  The 12" has to be her best extended mix ever.  That guy really got this song and remixed it in a way that complimented and accentuated the music.  Thats how remixes should be done.

Starman    0
On 8/13/2015 at 5:58 PM, Jamesy said:

Rare Entertainment Tonight report on the Open Your Heart video controversy in 1986:

This whole generation needs to watch this to understand how she created what they love nowadays

HolidayGuy    0

There was a cone bra in Pat Benatar's "Sex as a Weapon" video (also a Gaultier design), but, of course, it was the one he did for Madonna that set the world on fiyah.

Gus    0

Didn't Vanity use to wear corsets/leotards in the early 80's?

Not sure if they were cone shaped though...

On 08/02/2017 at 9:02 PM, Mattvoyager said:

True Blue was everything. God, I miss this Madonna so much.  So much.  Ppl who werent there just wont get it.  She was magic, fun, amazing, hot, mega successful and beautiful. A year later TB was still charting high.  In the UK in Nov 1987, Madonna had three albums in the top 4o.  True Blue, Who's That Girl and You Can Dance... Fukin good times.

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

On 12/8/2015 at 7:09 PM, HolidayGuy said:

Another great example of her CULTURALLY ENRICHING work.

On a side note- I always liked how her hair was "messy" when she took the black wig off, but when they cut back to her, it was perfectly styled. :)

george- you should, as you could sing along to it, with the same melody, tempo, etc., just as if it were the regular version- unlike "Like a Virgin" from the very same tour.

this