Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Pud Whacker

Remember how Subversive Open Your Heart was?

75 posts in this topic

People were screaming: Lewd, Perverted, Voyeuristic, Homosexual, Pedophilia, Nudity, Burlesque, Degenerate...Are these subjects we want our children exposed to on MTV?

and that was evidenced in the first 30 seconds of the video!!!

This woman was such a pioneer that every video was controversial while in fact it was exploring art.

YES!!

She was portraying a stripper in the video AND she kissed a young boy. And this was after the Papa Don't Preach controversies.

Girl was on a roll.

True blue was amazing!

Always wanted to experience this song live, and still want to because I don't count seeing this in the MDNA tour lol :p

Another great example of her CULTURALLY ENRICHING work.

On a side note- I always liked how her hair was "messy" when she took the black wig off, but when they cut back to her, it was perfectly styled. :)

george- you should, as you could sing along to it, with the same melody, tempo, etc., just as if it were the regular version- unlike "Like a Virgin" from the very same tour.

She needs to work with Mondino again! I wonder if the whole "Hollywood" thing put a strain on their relationship...

I loved Hollywood video amazing song and visuals

OYH video = masterpiece

She needs to work with Mondino again! I wonder if the whole "Hollywood" thing put a strain on their relationship...

I'd love her to work with mondino too

I think sth happened between them :(

No, they're still wonderful friends. When Madonna gave up acting, you see that her videos took a different angle. She no longer 'acted' in them.

Nothing happened except Madonna quit acting and therefore her 'screen tests' were no longer needed.

It was so controversial that they made an alternate edit with some random couple dancng in an alley so people wouldn't think it was about paedophilia

It was so controversial that they made an alternate edit with some random couple dancng in an alley so people wouldn't think it was about paedophilia

Where? In Bahrain?

It used to be broadcast like this in the late 90's on french music channel MCM and from that forum it appears it also was in various european countries. I'm looking for it on my HD

I wonder if she knows and if she does how she reacted to that big time spoil of her work....I don't know if Mondino did it (it kinda looks like the ads he used to make in France in the 80's but it could be a director Warner hired to duplicate his work)...What's strange is until this point the video is exactly the same.

I downloaded that video at the Infinity site. I didn't realise it was because of some scandal!!! They said it was Austrian I think.

I thought it was just a bad video someone had put together.

The couple literally turn away from the camera and shimmy off into the distance. I suppose it's similar in theme to the real ending.

The video wasn't thought of as shocking in the UK but definitely raunchy. I don't remember anything about the child element being a problem!

The end is longer than on the shared file though, the couple fall down on the boxes

Yeah here in the UK I don't think it was shocking

Or LAP

Express Yourself was the one that got them in a spin. The chart show would only show the bit up the staircase then no more!

LAP was only played once properly on the Chart Show, TOTP always cut it off at the burning crosses.

But yes, you could only see the end of EY if you had MTV. Took me more than a year to see it in full. Then there was Vogue nipples cut at the start, even Take a Bow had a masturbation scene.

People were screaming: Lewd, Perverted, Voyeuristic, Homosexual, Pedophilia, Nudity, Burlesque, Degenerate...Are these subjects we want our children exposed to on MTV?

and that was evidenced in the first 30 seconds of the video!!!

I love everything about the TB era and this video is simply gorgeous

People complained about this?

Some basic people always failing to see all the metaphors in her videos

And she's exposing kids to Tamara Lempicka and art in general for goodness sake

How is that ever bad?

It's a real struggle to find any M contemporary or today's pop star that has her nous and sensibility

madonna-and-tamara-open-your-heart1.png

top-20-madonna-hot-gifs-live.gif

tumblr_n3ki1wbGWz1qlycwjo1_500.gif

be6c666e07fa6045630a26f55338227a.png

I've always enjoyed her collaborations with the great Mondino

I doubt that simply because they haven't worked together since 2003 they're not friends anymore