Best tour opening??

ashtangi74

I just watched the Confessions Tour (well, Opening - LIke a Virgin)

Confessions, hands down. I will never forget those intense minutes opening night when the lights went out, then the entire place turned into a huge disco ball, then BAMMMMMM THAT BASS AND THE INTENSE DARK MUSIC AND THE VISUALS. IT ALL KEPT BUILDING AND BUILDING AND THEN BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM THE DAMN DISCO BALL OPENED UP. Two members here let me sneak up to the front with them because I wasn't going to not be at the front. We were screaming and holding on to each other and I thought I was going to have a heart attack :rotfl:

Memories...

3. Re Invention-I looove the "strike a pose part".

2. MDNA-Madonna at her best, the visuals, the choreo, the stage, her look.

1. Confession-I do agree it's the best opening ever.

Confessions was absolutley epic.

Completely get the love for it, perfect entrance, so grand and spectacular I always said she'd never top it and she hasn't!

MDNA was brilliant as well, well thought out and it wasn't just another music video introducing her.....the massive "incense bell" floating around the stage looked incredible!

But in terms of "performance" nothing beats Blonde Ambition.

She owned that stage and the world....her dancing and energy were the bet if her entire career, she's never gone for it like that since, everything else had been somewhat toned down.

Also love the fantastic beast within opening for RIT.

It looked amazing live in person.

"The Beast Within" / "Vogue" was a stunner of an opener that can only be appreciated if experienced live.

The crowd cheering as the lights went down ...

The dark arena slowly flickering to life with the X-Static Process video and the slow chanting of the song ...

The apocalyptic verses and that booming bass line that shook the whole venue ...

It was legitimately creepy. And then it just broke suddenly with "What are you looking at?" and the crowd just roared as "Vogue" started.

RIT was an incredible live experience. The DVD version that leaked to YouTube just didn't capture how spectacular the whole thing was.

"The Beast Within" / "Vogue" was a stunner of an opener that can only be appreciated if experienced live.

The crowd cheering as the lights went down ...

The dark arena slowly flickering to life with the X-Static Process video and the slow chanting of the song ...

The apocalyptic verses and that booming bass line that shook the whole venue ...

It was legitimately creepy. And then it just broke suddenly with "What are you looking at?" and the crowd just roared as "Vogue" started.

RIT was an incredible live experience. The DVD version that leaked to YouTube just didn't capture how spectacular the whole thing was.

I've come to believe despite the popular opinion that RIT was one of the best and most enjoyable shows she ever did