Look at This Fabulousness. 130,000 people. Paris 1987

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

i love what shes wearing when she gives them the check and she looked so glamorous when shes walking from the hotel to the car. oh, everythings just perfect. this was a marvelous time.

When I watch stuff like this it really just hits home how there's really not going to be a star like her again. I think of pop stars now, and I look at videos like this... I wasn't even a year old, but even I can look back at videos like this and "feel" what a different time it was. People were different, music was different... there was an innocence, but it didn't look like a marketed innocence like it does now. The internet has made everyone sooooooo jaded now. When are 130k Parisians gonna show up all at once for a pop star's concert ever again? It just seems unthinkable.

She's absolutely adorable, like a little kid. But a full grown woman!! She's the same age in this video as I am right now.

i love what shes wearing when she gives them the check and she looked so glamorous when shes walking from the hotel to the car. oh, everythings just perfect. this was a marvelous time.

She was as big as a superstar can be. In Europe every [serious] news outlet was talking about this phenomenal show. There were very few pictures allowed on tv. It was mysterious. Everybody wanted to see it, young and old people.

By the end of summer [early September] it was broadcast in many countries live. Restaurants were closed because Madonna was on tv.

It was way bigger than BAT because it was the first time and she toured the world.

.......so if I cry sometimes, you understand..................

The biggest star who ever lived indeed!!! It' amazing the kind of fascination, attention and controversy that she sparks just by jetting into a country to do a show, this was pre LAP/BAT, pre JML, pre SEX pre Erotica etc yet people would still make her a hot topic of discussion. She just has this spark that nobody else has, not just when she's on stage and performs immaculately

Fucking fabulous. That location in Paris was epic. I also love when she causes a commotion at Heathrow Airport in London and in Italy of course. You had an hour TV special pre Ciao Italia taping, a then Eurovision broadcast, a collaboration between RAI and a Dutch production company, a privilege reserved to practically nobody else.

Fashion designers, music personalities, entrepeneurs, politicians, journalists and even footballers commenting on her. Who fucking else, especially in today's plastic lite celebrity system. Cut to David Letterman when she first appeared on his show in 1988 with Sandra

"Will you let me talk to her?????" :rotfl: "So nice to meet you Madonna, seriously last year I was holidaying in Italy and I was at this restaurant and we were suddenly kicked out, the owners barricaded themselves in the kitchen to watch you on RAIUNO" :wow:

Le-sida-devient-mon-combat-par-Line-Rena

jacques-chirac-line-renaud-et-madonna-pa

ob_2380c7_chirac-madonna.jpg

tumblr_n7n8j3Fn4o1qlycwjo1_500.gif

Parc_de_Sceaux_(vue_cote_Chatenay).jpg

Fit for a Queen

Can't believe how in 5 years time she went from Danceteria to performing at an open air venue for 130,000 people

It feels surreal when you think about it but it's so real instead

She's extraordinary

These are the things that no record company on this Earth can buy you in life

She thouroughly earned EVERYTHING

I remember talking to one of the camera crew in Italy and he said she moved so quickly they had to rehearse everything.

Which was a new thing for a stadium show. Back then it was usually a band and a singer.

Guest Pud Whacker

When I watch stuff like this it really just hits home how there's really not going to be a star like her again. I think of pop stars now, and I look at videos like this... I wasn't even a year old, but even I can look back at videos like this and "feel" what a different time it was. People were different, music was different... there was an innocence, but it didn't look like a marketed innocence like it does now. The internet has made everyone sooooooo jaded now. When are 130k Parisians gonna show up all at once for a pop star's concert ever again? It just seems unthinkable.

She's absolutely adorable, like a little kid. But a full grown woman!! She's the same age in this video as I am right now.

better believe it.

"She's absolutely adorable, like a little kid. But a full grown woman!! She's the same age in this video as I am right now. " that really made my eyes well up, along with your entire post. there is such a loss of innocence never to be returned.

it was fun, everyone wasnt so serious, people had a good time.

tumblr_msoeqlDYyZ1qlycwjo1_r3_500.gif

AMEN!!!!!!

The biggest star who ever lived indeed!!! It' amazing the kind of fascination, attention and controversy that she sparks just by jetting into a country to do a show, this was pre LAP/BAT, pre JML, pre SEX pre Erotica etc yet people would still make her a hot topic of discussion. She just has this spark that nobody else has, not just when she's on stage and performs immaculately

Fucking fabulous. That location in Paris was epic. I also love when she causes a commotion at Heathrow Airport in London and in Italy of course. You had an hour TV special pre Ciao Italia taping, a then Eurovision broadcast, a collaboration between RAI and a Dutch production company, a privilege reserved to practically nobody else.

Fashion designers, music personalities, entrepeneurs, politicians, journalists and even footballers commenting on her. Who fucking else, especially in today's plastic lite celebrity system. Cut to David Letterman when she first appeared on his show in 1988 with Sandra

"Will you let me talk to her?????" :rotfl: "So nice to meet you Madonna, seriously last year I was holidaying in Italy and I was at this restaurant and we were suddenly kicked out, the owners barricaded themselves in the kitchen to watch you on RAIUNO" :wow:

tumblr_n7n8j3Fn4o1qlycwjo1_500.gif

YES!!!

There will never be another. I wish there some sort of multi-night tv special (like The Beatles had) chronicling all of Madonna's career, esp. this time, to remind people of the level of what all this was.

It makes the entire music industry today seem like a joke. Oh yeah........... it is.

Its my fave... Ciao Italia!! Bat 2nd then girlie show

Can't believe how in 5 years time she went from Danceteria to performing at an open air venue for 130,000 people

It feels surreal when you think about it but it's so real instead

She's extraordinary

These are the things that no record company on this Earth can buy you in life

She thouroughly earned EVERYTHING

Spot on.