Countdown to Rebel Heart Tour: OPENING NIGHT in less than 3 weeks! [contains spoilers]

Apples388

OMG I'm so obsessed with the idea of my first Madonna show that I've dreamed about it two times this week... In the first dream I missed half the show because I had to pee after Frozen/Ghosttown... And yesterday I've dreamed that my seat was in front of a curtain and I couldn't see anything of the show :lmao:

Help! :scared::cries:

OMG I'm so obsessed with the idea of my first Madonna show that I've dreamed about it two times this week... In the first dream I missed half the show because I had to pee after Frozen/Ghosttown... And yesterday I've dreamed that my seat was in front of a curtain and I couldn't see anything of the show :lmao:

Help! :scared::cries:

everything is going to be a blur the excitement everything will just overwhelm u i hope u get to see it more than once.

everything is going to be a blur the excitement everything will just overwhelm u i hope u get to see it more than once.

my first time i wasn't that close but it was ok, it was DWT, when she she was comming out surrended by smoke the feeling was unbelievable, it was like she was the only person in that crowded arena, i could only see her, watch her, listen to her and feel her, sounds freaky but it was like that, i was trembling, feeling like in a dream and it was like ending a hard race, following M for 15 years and she was phisycally there, the rest of the concert was a fuzzy dream, you are gonna love it and remember it 4 ever, enjoy!!

so the artist made the artwork for her? because i thought he didn't want to make artwork for M (or anyone by request) or is it just a random image that inspires the tour?

It's a Ray Ceasar painting that probably has nothing to do with anything.

The French setlist is the only one that mentioned both Joan Of Arc & Wash All Over Me, since then they were not part of rumors but I seriously doubt she would ignore both of them, surely these songs are important to her and would include them on tour...

The French setlist is the only one that mentioned both Joan Of Arc & Wash All Over Me, since then they were not part of rumors but I seriously doubt she would ignore both of them, surely these songs are important to her and would include them on tour...

I think Madonna sometimes sacrifices a song she likes for another that flows better with her conception of the show. For instance, we now know that she wanted Falling Free to be a single, but she decided not to perform it at the MDNA tour.

That's a painting by that artist she likes.

And guys stop saying things are from MadonnaTribe when they're from random posters on the MadonnaTribe forum

Yes, MTribe is very reliable with inside info from it's official site & mods only, not random forum members!

I think Madonna sometimes sacrifices a song she likes for another that flows better with her conception of the show. For instance, we now know that she wanted Falling Free to be a single, but she decided not to perform it at the MDNA tour.

Agreed and add in some hits and certain new songs just won't flow or it adds a time issue. I'm sure that's frustrating for her and it's frustrating for those of us who actually love the entire new album, like I love Rebel Heart. It's the nature of the beast tho. It's a tricky highway because we want some hits too but the sound and flow is something we won't know yet until we see the show. Sometimes reading a set list still doesn't give you the full sound and vibe because she can reinvent everything so drastically. Fortunately, she's the master of this stuff so we know to trust her.

I'd bet the only tour she may have not sacrificed a song per se, would be Drowned World (which is in my top 3)...the only issue there, perhaps, was just not having enough time to sing more newer songs like Swim or Skin.

My understanding is that 'Amazing' was initially on the set list for DWT, which Warner wanted as a single, but Madonna wanted 'Impressive Instant'. Warner could have used the tour performance of 'Amazing' as a video, so off the set list it came.

That's right.

"Amazing" ended up being replaced by "The Funny Song".

My understanding is that 'Amazing' was initially on the set list for DWT, which Warner wanted as a single, but Madonna wanted 'Impressive Instant'. Warner could have used the tour performance of 'Amazing' as a video, so off the set list it came.

I always thought Impressive Instant should've at least been a "club single" release. I'm glad she chose that because I love that performance. Amazing is a good enough track but it's never really done anything for me personally.

Just saw someone say she replaced Amazing with The Funny Song. LOL that cracks me up. She'd rather do some weird random little ditty than one of her own official tracks that Warner wanted. Hahaha

I always thought Impressive Instant should've at least been a "club single" release. I'm glad she chose that because I love that performance. Amazing is a good enough track but it's never really done anything for me personally.

Just saw someone say she replaced Amazing with The Funny Song. LOL that cracks me up. She'd rather do some weird random little ditty than one of her own official tracks that Warner wanted. Hahaha

Wasn't Impressive a club single? I know official remixes were done. Edited by binarycool

Wasn't Impressive a club single? I know official remixes were done.

Yup, spent two weeks at #1 on the dance club play chart in 2001

That's right.

"Amazing" ended up being replaced by "The Funny Song".

The video thing was fan folklore, as it was sent 2 radio in Europe BEFORE the tour, It's not like Warners

could have forced a camera crew on her 2 record her performance & then use it as a video.

Wasn't Impressive a club single? I know official remixes were done.

There was a poll too for the fourth single and Impressive Instant won. I voted for it! Club mixes were serviced too but Warner's wanted Amazing in the hope it would capitalise on the success of Beautiful Stranger. This supposedly led to Madonna dropping Amazing from DWT and being very disinterested in the GHV2 compilation with no new tracks and few interviews.

A classic example of just how crap Warner's could be.

Still no proper tour setlist?

Wow! I have to say, I'm impressed that we really haven't got a clue. Opening night will be all kinds of amazing just waiting for the videos to come through!

Impressive Instant really was the single that never was!

But I find it hard to believe there was such a big conflict between Madonna & Warners over a 4th single from Music, it wasn't necessary to release a 4th single in 2001 anyways....

American Pie, Music, Don't tell me and What it feels like for a girl were all enough and successful leading perfectly into the DWT tour ending the amazing era.

Why would Warners be desperate to release Amazing?