Countdown to Rebel Heart Tour: OPENING NIGHT in less than 3 weeks! [contains spoilers]

Apples388

I mean the setlist of this tour isn't going to really effect sales of this tour, because most people buy their tickets ahead of time. If anything, it would affect the sales of the next tour.

Having said that, I don't think doing a ton of hits would automatically get things back to the level of the Sticky and Sweet tour. She was closer to her big hits at time (4 Minutes was huge, the Confessions singles were successful in most countries) and less saturated in most markets when compared to now.

But having said that, fuck it! She's still doing really well, and Madonna has always been about a balance between old and new. I still think the biggest issue is pricing, if that were a bit more reasonable she'd be set.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Well most songs on RH are generally better than those on MDNA, so all things being equal, a show with half new songs based on RH will probably be more fantastic and emotionally reach a larger public than MDNA.

I mean the setlist of this tour isn't going to really effect sales of this tour, because most people buy their tickets ahead of time. If anything, it would affect the sales of the next tour.

Having said that, I don't think doing a ton of hits would automatically get things back to the level of the Sticky and Sweet tour. She was closer to her big hits at time (4 Minutes was huge, the Confessions singles were successful in most countries) and less saturated in most markets when compared to now.

But having said that, fuck it! She's still doing really well, and Madonna has always been about a balance between old and new. I still think the biggest issue is pricing, if that were a bit more reasonable she'd be set.

I believe you are right about the pricing

And I am sure that when the tour starts and the reviews are raving- I actually have a gut feeling about it-the ticket sales will pick up

Yeah, I don't want Madonna to tour after this either. If she does, I'd love if she did small venues, without the worry of selling out or providing a spectacle. Sort of like when she promoted American life.

I wouldn't want her to stop touring. Going to Madonna shows is something I always look forward to. I go to a lot of shows but Madonna's are still the best. I think she still has one big spectacle tour left in her after this one. I think it would be great to do a more stripped down tour with just a band but not yet. I think she really loves putting these productions together even if she does complain. She clearly loves performing live. I'm not sure why people are always wanting her to give up something she loves before her time.

It could affect this tour. Good word of mouth (especially on social media), good reviews, and positive media coverage of opening night and other early shows could move the unsold tickets for later dates. And, let's be honest, she's gonna get a lot more buzz from a killer rendition of "Vogue" than she will "Body Shop."

That said, she has the show locked down at this point. The rumored set lists have all looked fairly similar for a while now and they seems like a good mix of old and new, though I'd have preferred -- as I've been saying for months now -- a stronger focus on her 90s catalogue than her 80s stuff. Still, can't deny that I am pissing myself to hear "Dress You Up" and "Who's That Girl" live for the first time :wow::wow::wow:

What happened to this thread? It's supposed to be a positive place and now it's quite depressing to read :smile:

Some of you should stop monitoring the ticket sales and stop doing maths... Sit down and enjoy the ride for god's sake! It's been the same when the album was released, there was a small group of fans panicking about everything, trying to "wake up" the fans who were enjoying the ride, and giving advices to M and her team "they should do this, and that, and they should have done this and that". Will you attend the tour with a calculator and count how many people attend? :ohmy:

I'm sure this tour will be an amazing piece of art, and I'm sure it will earn several hundred million dollars at the end. M knows what she's doing. And to be honest, I'm glad she doesn't want the "easy ride" or else Rebel Heart would have never existed and she would be doing greatest hits tours all over again...

Guest Rachelle of London

Moka did you decide to stay in Paris after the show? I remember you deliberating a few weeks ago, sorry can't remember the thread title to ask there

That said, she has the show locked down at this point. The rumored set lists have all looked fairly similar for a while now and they seems like a good mix of old and new, though I'd have preferred -- as I've been saying for months now -- a stronger focus on her 90s catalogue than her 80s stuff. Still, can't deny that I am pissing myself to hear "Dress You Up" and "Who's That Girl" live for the first time :wow::wow::wow:

But isn't this a contradiction? You are saying she should cater more to casual fans, but you want more 90's stuff. In my experience, casual fans do associate her more with the 80's, although she has had hits in three decades. If you asked the average person walking down the street to name ten big Madonna hits, most likely they would name 7 or 8 from the 80's.

But isn't this a contradiction? You are saying she should cater more to casual fans, but you want more 90's stuff. In my experience, casual fans do associate her more with the 80's, although she has had hits in three decades. If you asked the average person walking down the street to name ten big Madonna hits, most likely they would name 7 or 8 from the 80's.

I suppose it all depends on the age / location of the person. Most of the people I know can sing along to "Secret" and "You'll See," even if they never bought a Madonna album or bought a song on iTunes.

I'm not saying stuff like "Secret" is on the same level of "Like a Prayer" in terms of pop culture relevance or casual fan appreciation, but I suspect that most people in the audience can sing along to it.

But anyway ... It looks like she's doing a fair number of 80s hits and I look forward to see what she does with them. I love a Madonna show where 15,000 people are all singing along. Doesn't get any better than that.

Moka did you decide to stay in Paris after the show? I remember you deliberating a few weeks ago, sorry can't remember the thread title to ask there

Yes, I've followed your advice! I'll stay in a Airbnb apartment near Bercy. It's better than spend the whole show worrying about missing the last train or bus :smile:

God, I can't believe the tour is beginning in two weeks! But in the same time, the Paris show (and the other last european shows) are in four months, the wait will kill us... :scared:

Guest Rachelle of London

Yes, I've followed your advice! I'll stay in a Airbnb apartment near Bercy. It's better than spend the whole show worrying about missing the last train or bus :smile:

God, I can't believe the tour is beginning in two weeks! But in the same time, the Paris show (and the other last european shows) are in four months, the wait will kill us... :scared:

You know what, the wait has gone quite quick if you think about how long ago tickets went on sale. The EU dates hopefully will come quick. Cannot wait!!!!! Opening night I won't sleep

People really should stop focusing on ticket sales, which new songs she's gonna do or which ones she shouldn't and what not and just be thankful that 30+ years into her career she is still here with is working hard and working herself to the bone rehearsing 6 days a week and all FOR US to give us the very best. Madonna's shows NEVER disappoint she always puts on the best show ever

What happened to this thread? It's supposed to be a positive place and now it's quite depressing to read :smile:

Some of you should stop monitoring the ticket sales and stop doing maths... Sit down and enjoy the ride for god's sake! It's been the same when the album was released, there was a small group of fans panicking about everything, trying to "wake up" the fans who were enjoying the ride, and giving advices to M and her team "they should do this, and that, and they should have done this and that". Will you attend the tour with a calculator and count how many people attend? :ohmy:

I'm sure this tour will be an amazing piece of art, and I'm sure it will earn several hundred million dollars at the end. M knows what she's doing. And to be honest, I'm glad she doesn't want the "easy ride" or else Rebel Heart would have never existed and she would be doing greatest hits tours all over again...

Couldn't agree more! :)

I think LN will be releasing clips of the tour immodently following opening night...

There is ALOT of tickets still unsold, far more than ever before and it's very unusual territory for Madonna to be in but as a previous fan said, word of mouth good press and footage of Madonna singing her classics WILL sell those tickets.

where are you seeing all these unsold tickets? i'm basically seeing like 200 in the second date of MSG...with the first one sold out

is every other city, and different countries completely undersold?

where are you seeing all these unsold tickets? i'm basically seeing like 200 in the second date of MSG...with the first one sold out

is every other city, and different countries completely undersold?

Yes, that's true. Most of those that aren't sold out have mostly single places here and there.

Yes, that's true. Most of those that aren't sold out have mostly single places here and there.

That shouldn't be seen as a bad thing...single tickets and shitty tickets are all i'm seeing. and a couple of VIP packages that are in the back..i'm guessing no one wants to pay VIP to be in the back of the venue!

this tour will blow MDNA away! totally pumped to see it.

on a side note, Taylor has been having celebrities on stage, Kobe, Alanis, Ellen, etc... I wonder which of her shows she will have Madonna, I know it'll happen.