Countdown to Rebel Heart Tour: OPENING NIGHT in less than 3 weeks! [contains spoilers]

Apples388

I remember Billy Eichner holding one of the Madonna's boot before the MDNA opening night in Tel Aviv :lmao:

We need his videos again!!!!!

Yes!!! I would love for him to do another video with her!

"VOGUE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I remember Billy Eichner holding one of the Madonna's boot before the MDNA opening night in Tel Aviv :lmao:

We need his videos again!!!!!

He can't get to them on this tour :laugh:

image.jpg

ok this is gonna be a lil rant ;) but all i can tell you is.. don't expect people (casual fans) to get into it from the start when she opens with that song. MDNA started amazing but then ggw (or the autotune anyway) ruined it. such a beautiful atmosphere and production for such a weak song.. imagine if we would get an amazing opening like that but with a song everyone knows/loves? just think about it. she could easily add more dates for demand because people will buy those tickets if they see that. I'm just being a bit realistic.. hope it won't be another MDNA that's really an amazing tour but got a bad rep in some countries because of the weaker songs she choose. (aside from later start times in the US)

compared to love don't live here anymore, its not a known M cover, but, its a beautiful song so in that way, it could work. same with between the bars and a few other songs that are lesser known. if they're good, they're good. (and theres always a few lesser known songs in it or new songs from the album that some people don't know and are performed so don't get me wrong, I love that. but i just feel that iconic is a bit too weak for an opener.. especially with UB (according to rumours) being the second song.

but again, I'm one of those fans who just wants everyone to love her tour like they did with RIT & confessions. its just nice to see people walk out with a smiling face again. and tbh she kinda needs it now

i saw people walking out of MDNA in shock! Everyone was blown away but I guess that's cause the northeast audiences are amazing! lol

I think, although they may not know it, Iconic isn't full of auto tune (which is the ONLY thing i didn't like about that opening) and its a big anthem...with a tyson intro video and the teaser we got that looks like a game of thrones/tribe theme...I think its going to be EPIC and everyone's gonna love it even if they don't know it.

No love for get together here??

And yeah I like the comment that said: look mdna setlist PDP-HungUp-idontgive a. Etc. It does not seems to fit but the rumour setlist seems

to fit a little too much. Yo know. Music-erotica-la is'a bonita. Sounds odd on paper but not on stage!

No love for get together here??

And yeah I like the comment that said: look mdna setlist PDP-HungUp-idontgive a. Etc. It does not seems to fit but the rumour setlist seems

to fit a little too much. Yo know. Music-erotica-la is'a bonita. Sounds odd on paper but not on stage!

I personally have a lot of love for get together ;) it's probably my favorite song in coadf but unfortunately it hasn't even been rumored as a potential for the set list. I'm a tad disappointed personally though that ITG was tossed out though

I'm up for ANYTHING. Really.

Sure, she's had songs she's done on numerous tours...but I've never tired of any of them...because every incarnation is different. That's what makes Madonna who she is as a live performer. And it's one of the things I love about her. All these classic songs that feel like they have multiple different lives. What other artist does that on her level? None.

As for songs like GGW or other ones that are "controversial" among the fanbase...I have yet to be let down by a reinvention. 'The Erotic Candy Shop' on the MDNA Tour just may be my favorite piece in that show, with Vogue as the lead in. Really, who would have ever thought Candy Shop would be the highlight... so...

...I have no real expectations or demands. I'm game for anything.

This is exactly where I'm at! If she came out and opened with Jimmy Jimmy and closed with Birthday Song, I'm game. She could come out and sing IC in full and I'm ok with that too. Full Rebel Heart album only?? BRING IT ON!! There is no way the final set list is going to disappoint me because I have no expectations.

MDNA started amazing but then ggw (or the autotune anyway) ruined it. such a beautiful atmosphere and production for such a weak song..

Her voice did sound really strange on GGW live.... and the version they used, I don't know, it sounded slightly sped up and less full... though the breakdown at the end of GGW was very cool.

She looked amazing, the dancing was amazing, but girl, you gotta have the sound on POINT for this new tour when you come out the gate and start singing. She can sell almost anything if it sounds good. Even "Girl Gone Wild" which is great littly ditty when I play the album.

DROWNED WORLD/SUBSTITUTE FOR LOVE

IMPRESSIVE INSTANT

CANDY PERFUME GIRL

BEAUTIFUL STRANGER

RAY OF LIGHT

PARADISE (NOT FOR ME)

FROZEN

OPEN YOUR HEART

NOBODY'S PERFECT

MER GIRL / SKY FITS HEAVEN / MER GIRL

WHAT IT FEELS LIKE FOR A GIRL

I DESERVE IT

DON'T TELL ME

HUMAN NATURE

OH DEAR DADDY

SECRET

GONE

DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA (INSTRUMENTAL)

LO QUE SIENTE LA MUJER

LA ISLA BONITA

HOLIDAY

MUSIC

ok this is gonna be a lil rant ;) but all i can tell you is.. don't expect people (casual fans) to get into it from the start when she opens with that song. MDNA started amazing but then ggw (or the autotune anyway) ruined it. such a beautiful atmosphere and production for such a weak song.. imagine if we would get an amazing opening like that but with a song everyone knows/loves? just think about it. she could easily add more dates for demand because people will buy those tickets if they see that. I'm just being a bit realistic.. hope it won't be another MDNA that's really an amazing tour but got a bad rep in some countries because of the weaker songs she choose. (aside from later start times in the US)

No. No. No.

No.

No.

No.

compared to love don't live here anymore, its not a known M cover, but, its a beautiful song so in that way, it could work. same with between the bars and a few other songs that are lesser known. if they're good, they're good. (and theres always a few lesser known songs in it or new songs from the album that some people don't know and are performed so don't get me wrong, I love that. but i just feel that iconic is a bit too weak for an opener.. especially with UB (according to rumours) being the second song.

but again, I'm one of those fans who just wants everyone to love her tour like they did with RIT & confessions. its just nice to see people walk out with a smiling face again. and tbh she kinda needs it now

The artist is going to do whatever they want...especially a true artist like Madonna. Ticket sales, hits, etc...we can debate all that night and day, but ultimately that's her damn business. She knows what she has to do, so why should I stress about it? My job is to simply enjoy what moves me and inspires me...and M is an artist who hasn't let me down. Ever. Certainly not when it's come to concert openers...and MDNA (from GGW to IDGA) was beautifully cinematic, and everything a live Madonna narrative is all about.

I stopped giving a damn what casual nobodies think about my favorite artists a long time ago. Life is a hell of a lot better that way.

I agree with VogueMusic. Fuck them nobodies who don't have no mental capacity to appreciate her arts. Madonna is a phenomenal live act, not your sad local bar singer. She been making the most random choice of tracks like an INSTRUMENTAL INTERLUDE OF DONT CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA on her tours to create a cohesive show, y'all don't know fuck.

Her voice did sound really strange on GGW live.... and the version they used, I don't know, it sounded slightly sped up and less full... though the breakdown at the end of GGW was very cool.

She looked amazing, the dancing was amazing, but girl, you gotta have the sound on POINT for this new tour when you come out the gate and start singing. She can sell almost anything if it sounds good. Even "Girl Gone Wild" which is great littly ditty when I play the album.

GGW sounded horrible live but I don't actually think she was actually singing it live. I think it was a studio version that was over processed and she mimed it . I was in the golden circle and it definitely didn't look like she was singing live. The dancing was amazing though.

DROWNED WORLD/SUBSTITUTE FOR LOVE

IMPRESSIVE INSTANT

CANDY PERFUME GIRL

BEAUTIFUL STRANGER

RAY OF LIGHT

PARADISE (NOT FOR ME)

FROZEN

OPEN YOUR HEART

NOBODY'S PERFECT

MER GIRL / SKY FITS HEAVEN / MER GIRL

WHAT IT FEELS LIKE FOR A GIRL

I DESERVE IT

DON'T TELL ME

HUMAN NATURE

OH DEAR DADDY

SECRET

GONE

DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA (INSTRUMENTAL)

LO QUE SIENTE LA MUJER

LA ISLA BONITA

HOLIDAY

MUSIC

This set list is pushing it lol

What It’s Like to Choreograph for Madonna

http://www.dancespirit.com/news/choreographing-for-madonna/

Few gigs compare to creating the moves for Madonna. Choreographer Megan Lawson is living that dream.

Lawson, whom you might know from Fanny Pak, began working on Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour a few months ago. But it’s not her first rodeo with the Queen of Pop. The Canadian-born choreographer was also responsible for the moves in Madonna’s “Living for Love” and “Ghosttown” videos, along with Madonna’s 2015 Grammy Awards performance, and was a contributing choreographer to Madge’s MDMA tour.

Dance Spirit spoke with Lawson about her work on the upcoming tour.

Dance Spirit: What’s the process of choreographing for a tour of this scale?

Megan Lawson: Jamie King is the show’s director. The process starts with a discussion between Jamie, Madonna and I about ideas and concepts. Then, my dancers, Jamie and I get into the studio and experiment for a while before presenting to M. She always has a hand in the choreography. She loves to be part of the process and collaborate with everyone, from the lighting designer to the makeup artist. I’d say every number in the tour has at least one part Madonna choreographed herself. It’s a really fun process.

DS: Are there other choreographers working with you?
ML: Since I’m the lead choreographer on this tour, I got to recommend other choreographers to collaborate with. I was so fortunate to bring in other artists, including Jillian Meyers, Matt Cady and Kevin Maher, who are all friends of mine. The great thing about involving other choreographers is that the show becomes really diverse. Every song is different stylistically, and each has a unique choreographic vibe.

DS: Does anything about the tour scare you?
ML: Getting it all done in time! It’s been a challenge to coordinate everything. Madonna doesn’t settle for anything but the best—she’s a perfectionist. It takes time. This is certainly the biggest-scale production I’ve ever experienced. I can’t wait to see it all come together. I know it will. But right now it’s crunch time, and that’s a little scary.

DS: What are your top three favorite Madonna songs?
ML: “Human Nature,” “Messiah” and “Falling Free.”

DS: What’s your advice for Dance Spirit readers?
ML: Explore as many avenues as you can. I never really had goals or plans that were set in stone. I just knew I wanted to dance and create for living. I tried lots of different things—from taking a wide variety of classes to assisting choreographers to picking up small gigs here and there. What really paid off the most, though, was grabbing some friends and making a few little videos of my own. Those experiences were more satisfying than working as a backup dancer—and Madonna ended up hiring me after seeing some of the clips! It’s OK if your goals change over time. Be open to your desires and follow your heart.

Omg just shut the fuck up already! You are so annoying!

Love Don't Live Here segued into the orchestral version of I Want You pleaaaaaase Vadge :rosey:

DS: What are your top three favorite Madonna songs?
ML: “Human Nature,” “Messiah” and “Falling Free.”

Ooh I like this Megan :D

M just hinted "Holy Water" on IG again... but I guess we all knew that it's included...

Omg just shut the fuck up already! You are so annoying!

yeah well it sounds annoying but if you want to see M filling stadiums/arenas then thats the cold hearted truth. she never has to worry about us big fans on madonnanation because even if she would sing candy shop for 2 hours i'll buy that ticket and have the time of my life.

The thing is she has to please the GP or else she will be playing to half empty arenas. She's already playing less dates in cities..GP were complaining and left early for MDNA. of course the lateness didn't help either too.

But I'm all for iconic to be the opener. No matter what she plays, I'm up for anything she does but she has to please GP too.

The thing is she has to please the GP or else she will be playing to half empty arenas. She's already playing less dates in cities..GP were complaining and left early for MDNA. of course the lateness didn't help either too.

But I'm all for iconic to be the opener. No matter what she plays, I'm up for anything she does but she has to please GP too.

No she has not...for Christ's sake. And even if she does have to please them...do you think she really gives that much of a fuck if she already said that her main focus is the thematical flow of the show? She's fucking Madonna. She will sell tickets no matter what.

its interesting how megan lawson said "This is certainly the biggest-scale production I’ve ever experienced. I can’t wait to see it all come together.".

so that sounds like its even bigger than MDNA. or at least the dancing part.

http://www.dancespirit.com/news/choreographing-for-madonna/

she also says madonna is so involved she choreographs at least one part of each song herself too.