Countdown to Rebel Heart Tour: OPENING NIGHT in less than 3 weeks! [contains spoilers]

Apples388

Well this Illuminati character and these online hoaxers better knock it off because I've (foolishly) accepted Iconic as the opener as truth and if my hopes are dashed someone's gonna have to pay and pay dearly. I will go straight gangsta on their ass..

4059112059f5bf077de01b6693c747ea4a6bd1fa

Playing with my MADONNA ....

Speaking of Iconic once again ... lol... I just thought of a few second blip from that song and picturing Madonna LOOKING ICONIC and FABULOUS, stepping out of a cage in hooker boots. A whole swarm of goosebumps shot up my right leg, I shit you not.

I'm not saying it HAS to be this way (she'll do better than anything I imagine. Lady KNOWS her intros), but what I just pictured was .... heaven.

But it just has to be, tuckeye. Think about it. What else could possibly work better as an intro? Nothing.

In fact I feel pretty confident that Iconic and UB are the 2 opening numbers. Living dangerously I know...

I still think NOM are not making differences between full songs and songs used as samples. I think Vogue, LDLHA, Candy Shop and Everybody are all going to be samples. Although, I'd love for Everybody to be a full performance with a great kick-ass new remix.

Take a Bow and one of the two forgotten singles from ROL are a must too imo. Nothing Really Matters and The Power of Good-Bye could both work SO WELL on this tour. It would truly be a shame to leave out that album again. Oh and Love Profusion or the title track from AL could work as well. Sorry too...

Man, I really hope we're getting a good chunk from the late 90's and 00's too. I could personally do without Dress You Up, La Isla and Holiday if Everybody, Like a Virgin, True Blue and WTG are in.

do M fans really love iconic and ggw (on the same level as let's say... who's that girl, music, hung up, vogue, lap, etc?)

Who said anything about "on the same level"...

...and what does it matter? Can't people like all these songs? It's not a competition.

...and what does it matter? Can't people like all these songs? It's not a competition.

This. I also don't understand why some people think her singles should be on top of everybody's lists. I personally prefer some of her album tracks over a lot of her singles, actually.

I'm up for ANYTHING. Really.

Sure, she's had songs she's done on numerous tours...but I've never tired of any of them...because every incarnation is different. That's what makes Madonna who she is as a live performer. And it's one of the things I love about her. All these classic songs that feel like they have multiple different lives. What other artist does that on her level? None.

As for songs like GGW or other ones that are "controversial" among the fanbase...I have yet to be let down by a reinvention. 'The Erotic Candy Shop' on the MDNA Tour just may be my favorite piece in that show, with Vogue as the lead in. Really, who would have ever thought Candy Shop would be the highlight... so...

...I have no real expectations or demands. I'm game for anything.

I'm going to go ahead and hide behind a pretty tree....lol....but Iconic is one of two songs I've just not really been able to get into from RH. RH is my ALBUM tho....but I've just never really liked that song. I like the meaning, get the vibe, but I skip it. Sooooo, I need to revisit it some. However, EVERYTHING sounds different in person, in concert, with that sound, that visual....so I'm cool with it being the opening number. To quote whatsherface in Truth Or Dare: "I just wanna see Madonna".

I'm up for ANYTHING. Really.

Sure, she's had songs she's done on numerous tours...but I've never tired of any of them...because every incarnation is different. That's what makes Madonna who she is as a live performer. And it's one of the things I love about her. All these classic songs that feel like they have multiple different lives. What other artist does that on her level? None.

As for songs like GGW or other ones that are "controversial" among the fanbase...I have yet to be let down by a reinvention. 'The Erotic Candy Shop' on the MDNA Tour just may be my favorite piece in that show, with Vogue as the lead in. Really, who would have ever thought Candy Shop would be the highlight... so...

...I have no real expectations or demands. I'm game for anything.

Yes, this!!!!!

I'm really interested to see what she does with LDLHA if it's included. I've always loved that song but rarely listen to it. it's almost like a forgotten gem with some fans. Myself included. I think she's really going to sing the hell out if this after everything she's been through since its release.

ok this is gonna be a lil rant ;) but all i can tell you is.. don't expect people (casual fans) to get into it from the start when she opens with that song. MDNA started amazing but then ggw (or the autotune anyway) ruined it. such a beautiful atmosphere and production for such a weak song.. imagine if we would get an amazing opening like that but with a song everyone knows/loves? just think about it. she could easily add more dates for demand because people will buy those tickets if they see that. I'm just being a bit realistic.. hope it won't be another MDNA that's really an amazing tour but got a bad rep in some countries because of the weaker songs she choose. (aside from later start times in the US)

compared to love don't live here anymore, its not a known M cover, but, its a beautiful song so in that way, it could work. same with between the bars and a few other songs that are lesser known. if they're good, they're good. (and theres always a few lesser known songs in it or new songs from the album that some people don't know and are performed so don't get me wrong, I love that. but i just feel that iconic is a bit too weak for an opener.. especially with UB (according to rumours) being the second song.

but again, I'm one of those fans who just wants everyone to love her tour like they did with RIT & confessions. its just nice to see people walk out with a smiling face again. and tbh she kinda needs it now

GIRL GONE WILD

REVOLVER

GANG BANG

PAPA DON'T PREACH

HUNG UP

I DON'T GIVE A

BEST FRIEND

EXPRESS YOURSELF

GIVE ME ALL YOUR LUVIN'

TURN UP THE RADIO

OPEN YOUR HEART

MASTERPIECE

JUSTIFY MY LOVE

VOGUE

CANDY SHOP

HUMAN NATURE

LIKE A VIRGIN

NOBODY KNOWS ME

I'M ADDICTED

I'M A SINNER

LIKE A PRAYER

CELEBRATION

GIRL GONE WILD

REVOLVER

GANG BANG

PAPA DON'T PREACH

HUNG UP

I DON'T GIVE A

BEST FRIEND

EXPRESS YOURSELF

GIVE ME ALL YOUR LUVIN'

TURN UP THE RADIO

OPEN YOUR HEART

MASTERPIECE

JUSTIFY MY LOVE

VOGUE

CANDY SHOP

HUMAN NATURE

LIKE A VIRGIN

NOBODY KNOWS ME

I'M ADDICTED

I'M A SINNER

LIKE A PRAYER

CELEBRATION

OMG IS THAT THE SETLIST???

Speaking of Iconic once again ... lol... I just thought of a few second blip from that song and picturing Madonna LOOKING ICONIC and FABULOUS, stepping out of a cage in hooker boots. A whole swarm of goosebumps shot up my right leg, I shit you not.

:drool: I see it too

So it is written, so it shall be ;)

:old::old::old:

2 Weeks-ish!

GIRL GONE WILD

REVOLVER

GANG BANG

PAPA DON'T PREACH

HUNG UP

I DON'T GIVE A

BEST FRIEND

EXPRESS YOURSELF

GIVE ME ALL YOUR LUVIN'

TURN UP THE RADIO

OPEN YOUR HEART

MASTERPIECE

JUSTIFY MY LOVE

VOGUE

CANDY SHOP

HUMAN NATURE

LIKE A VIRGIN

NOBODY KNOWS ME

I'M ADDICTED

I'M A SINNER

LIKE A PRAYER

CELEBRATION

I don't like it..it seems too similar to MDNA

GIRL GONE WILD

REVOLVER

GANG BANG

PAPA DON'T PREACH

HUNG UP

I DON'T GIVE A

BEST FRIEND

EXPRESS YOURSELF

GIVE ME ALL YOUR LUVIN'

TURN UP THE RADIO

OPEN YOUR HEART

MASTERPIECE

JUSTIFY MY LOVE

VOGUE

CANDY SHOP

HUMAN NATURE

LIKE A VIRGIN

NOBODY KNOWS ME

I'M ADDICTED

I'M A SINNER

LIKE A PRAYER

CELEBRATION

OMG HUMAN NATURE AGAIN????

I don't think this is real. Surely she'd perform at least one Rebel Heart song.

I wanna see some outfit sketches :comp: ..or a shoe..

I remember Billy Eichner holding one of the Madonna's boot before the MDNA opening night in Tel Aviv :lmao:

We need his videos again!!!!!

I remember Billy Eichner holding one of the Madonna's boot before the MDNA opening night in Tel Aviv :lmao:

We need his videos again!!!!!

YES, I remember that too :laugh: I need to see a boot and I need it now..

..or a nice juicy, secret JPG costume sketch.

ok this is gonna be a lil rant ;) but all i can tell you is.. don't expect people (casual fans) to get into it from the start when she opens with that song. MDNA started amazing but then ggw (or the autotune anyway) ruined it. such a beautiful atmosphere and production for such a weak song.. imagine if we would get an amazing opening like that but with a song everyone knows/loves? just think about it. she could easily add more dates for demand because people will buy those tickets if they see that. I'm just being a bit realistic.. hope it won't be another MDNA that's really an amazing tour but got a bad rep in some countries because of the weaker songs she choose. (aside from later start times in the US)

compared to love don't live here anymore, its not a known M cover, but, its a beautiful song so in that way, it could work. same with between the bars and a few other songs that are lesser known. if they're good, they're good. (and theres always a few lesser known songs in it or new songs from the album that some people don't know and are performed so don't get me wrong, I love that. but i just feel that iconic is a bit too weak for an opener.. especially with UB (according to rumours) being the second song.

but again, I'm one of those fans who just wants everyone to love her tour like they did with RIT & confessions. its just nice to see people walk out with a smiling face again. and tbh she kinda needs it now

I disagree with everything you wrote, which is quite amazing. The two of us would be fun at dinner parties!