BODY SHOP vs. CANDY SHOP

Body Shop vs Candy Shop  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you prefer?

• SAY which flavour you like and I'll HAVE it for you...
    • You can KEEP IT OVERNIGHT, you can DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE...

Two of the worst songs ever written by her. Plainly awful and I wish they could be erased from time.

body shop is actually very clever

candy shop is fun if you don't take it seriously and the "my sugar is raw" part is funny but body shop is interesting for sounds and lyrics

Sorry, but even in a more "Madonna friendly" climate, I couldn't see BS being a hit, much less in these dark days. She has a song approaching 100 million views on YouTube and she can't even get a test spin on radio. GT is one of the most accessible, straight forward, "classic Madonna" songs she's had in ages yet only a few Hot AC stations even bothered to give it a shot.....and apparently that was forcibly.

I hate to be so pessimistic but she's run the gamut with the single choices from RH.....LFL is the "mature" more old school sounding, sophisticated Madonna dance track......GT as mentioned is a classic Madonna ballad......and of course BIM the one to appeal to the youngsters. I suppose BIM has exposed her to a younger crowd and of course it did chart on the Hot 100 but that's the ONLY glimmer of single success she has had this era. With all that variety and attempts to appeal to different markets and to barely get a nibble is just discouraging.

I agree. She has selected 3 very different singles and radio ignored them all. But I think the BIM video has done what a first single should have done - announce the fact that she is still around to millions of young people. Most people didn't know she had new music out - as per the Youtube comments (is she still here?). Her Vevo subscription tripled with this video alone. It makes you wonder whether her management should take advantage of this newfound 'fame' and give another single a shot. And I do think Body Shop is very mass and different for her...

i think the contrast to bitch I'm madonna would be very interesting with body shop. there's some hype now because of Bitch, but its not positive hype, so if she makes something like Body Shop a single, it can really show people the diversity of madonna as an artist (I know, this is common sense to us but keep in mind that for a new generation that doesn't know about her work a lot)

Body shop is the low point of rebel heart. fucking boring

Candy shop is funky and a great opener to hard candy and sticky sweet tour

Let's face it, both songs aren't exactly the crown jewels of her discography...

I think Body Shop has clever lyrics and M sounds lovely on it (especially in the bridge), but overall I find the song rather dull. There's no life in it, kind of like typical elevator music. Don't know, but it just really leaves me cold.

Candy Shop is, well, trash :lol: But I think it's fabolous trash - like, say, Bitch Better Have My Money :sneaky: She obviously didn't even try making a good song out of it with tolerable vocals, but that alone kind of makes it special again :chuckle: Oh and you can at least dance to it...

So yeah, Candy Shop. Although I wouldn't mind if both songs disappeared from M's music catalogue again :lol:

Guest Medoner

Let's face it, both songs aren't exactly the crown jewels of her discography...

I think Body Shop has clever lyrics and M sounds lovely on it (especially in the bridge), but overall I find the song rather dull. There's no life in it, kind of like typical elevator music. Don't know, but it just really leaves me cold.

Candy Shop is, well, trash :lol: But I think it's fabolous trash - like, say, Bitch Better Have My Money :sneaky: She obviously didn't even try making a good song out of it with tolerable vocals, but that alone kind of makes it special again :chuckle: Oh and you can at least dance to it...

So yeah, Candy Shop. Although I wouldn't mind if both songs disappeared from M's music catalogue again :lol:

Wow. Candy Shop is one of her best! No delusion included

Guest Pud Whacker

Wow. Candy Shop is one of her best! No delusion included

the production alone of Candy Shop is aeons ahead of anything out there today. and, of course, that high pitched first album back ground vocal going on throughout...

Get up out of your seat (Your seat)

Come on up to the dance floor

I've got something so sweet (So sweet)

Come on up to the front door

I need plenty of heat (Heat)

Form a special confection

Just start moving your feet (Your feet)

Move on over to me

then the high pitch reverses to the punctuation on the next one - with a booming bass throughout and rolling 70's disco threaded through.

I'll be your one stop (One stop)

Candy shop (Candy shop)

Everything (Everything)

That I got (That I got)

Candy store (Candy store)

Lollipop (Lollipop)

Have some more (Have some more)

Guest Medoner

the production alone of Candy Shop is aeons ahead of anything out there today. and, of course, that high pitched first album back ground vocal going on throughout...

Get up out of your seat (Your seat)

Come on up to the dance floor

I've got something so sweet (So sweet)

Come on up to the front door

I need plenty of heat (Heat)

Form a special confection

Just start moving your feet (Your feet)

Move on over to me

then the high pitch reverses to the punctuation on the next one - with a booming bass throughout and rolling 70's disco threaded through.

Candy shop (Candy shop)

Everything (Everything)

That I got (That I got)

Candy store (Candy store)

Lollipop (Lollipop)

Have some more (Have some more)

Yasss queen!

• 2 weeks later...