During which era did you become a fan? (THIS IS A POLL)

Guest bluejean

During which era did you become a fan?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Which era did you become a fan

• Madonna
    • Like a Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Who's That Girl
    • Like a Prayer
    • I'm Breathless
    • The Immaculate Collection
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Something To Remember
    • Evita
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions
    • Hard Candy
    • Celebration
    • MDNA
    • Rebel Heart

After I viewed the Erotica performance from the Confessions Tour dvd on YouTube in 2007 so I guess I became a fan during the void between COAD and HC era.

For me it was for sure RoL era! I do remember Evita and str and sort of got curious but then after endless weeks of My heart goes on at n1 bam, there's Frozen and takes The number one spot both in The charts and on my heart :)

LIKE A PRAYER

from the first time i hear that song

i remember totally love the pepsi tv ad

it was the first time i've been anxiously waiting for a video premier..... and then when that saturday morning i saw it

my life change FOR EVER :drama::drama::drama:

that dance in the burning crosses field had a deep impact on me. :bow:

Guest Pud Whacker

LIKE A PRAYER

from the first time i hear that song

i remember totally love the pepsi tv ad

it was the first time i've been anxiously waiting for a video premier..... and then when that saturday morning i saw it

my life change FOR EVER :drama::drama::drama:

that dance in the burning crosses field had a deep impact on me. :bow:

nothing like it. a totally different time.

everyone around the world did gather around a tv to see it.

its why i laugh at these youtube views people are so obsessed with. 30 million people an hour would see Express Yourself on MTV. every hour on the hour.

I find it interesting that people are picking Hard Candy and MDNA. How old are you and what did you think of Madonna before that era?

almost 30 here. I thought of M as the Queen of Pop. I knew her ROL - Music singles and some old classics. I liked them but that's about it. Didnt listen to her albums except once for ROL but I didnt get it then yet. Although I love GHV2 (not mine) and would listen to that a lot.

Later on I became a fan just before Hard Candy after discovering the many depths of Queendonna's music. There's no one like her. Every album is a different journey and I realized she was so underrated even if she was popular.

Special thanks too for the CTDVD i bought on sale :chuckle: and American Life album i illegally downloaded :chuckle: for really converting me. I watched CT and I was very impressed. I didnt know then the AL era happened. I just knew GHV2 then Hung Up. So i read about AL on Wiki and got curious why it "flopped". I listened to the album and couldnt understand why such a masterpiece :drama: was very misunderstood.

Then Hard Candy came and I was like YAAAASSSSSSSS MY VERY FIRST MADONNA ALBUM!!!!!! YAAAAASSSSSSS :drama:

tumblr_nsy624lijM1qlycwjo1_r1_500.gif

I want to know what impact Holiday originally had in the States and how many were fans since then cuz that's essentially the real beginning for everyone.

It is arguably her signature song (well if tours are anything to go by) yet only peaked at #16. It had the classic Band Stand perf and the lovely Solid Gold version which is kinda used as the video here.

I had the "Borderline" 45 single, but became a full-blown fan at the start of the Like a Prayer era. (I had a three-yer-or-so break from being into music period from 1985-1988).

Same for me. Didn't become a music obsessive till I was 12. Was a big fan of Blondie and ABBA when I was 4, but then was more interested in playing with friends.

Are there any UK fans from the first album? Only Holiday and Lucky Star cracked the charts but I really don't remember hearing either of them on the radio and I was a huge music fan always listening to it.

I didn't know about M until LAV when I became a fan.

I heard Lucky Star on the radio on the way to school. My sister was obsessed with her already.

Madonna and Culture Club / so it's all my sisters fault

I heard Lucky Star on the radio on the way to school. My sister was obsessed with her already.

I discovered Madonna through my sister too. She was a fan since the Madonna era. I was too young. I wish I could've experienced those earlier eras.

I copied my sister's taste all the time. If only she was into Madge circa Holiday.

I agree with jonksi, I knew her only from LAV, though Holiday was fairly big and for a long time Lucky Star was her only single to miss the top 10.

Well my sis is 9 years older so Blondie , then Culture Club, Madonna, Prince etc

I used to help her get ready when She went out in her Madge get up :wow:

I find it interesting that people are picking Hard Candy and MDNA. How old are you and what did you think of Madonna before that era?

I'm 22 now. Before Hard Candy I always thought Madonna as a BIG star, the biggest there is. I think it was kind of imprinted in my mind growing up in Brazil where the media treated her like a goddess or a Head of State (not so much now, I'm afraid).

I want to know what impact Holiday originally had in the States and how many were fans since then cuz that's essentially the real beginning for everyone.

It is arguably her signature song (well if tours are anything to go by) yet only peaked at #16. It had the classic Band Stand perf and the lovely Solid Gold version which is kinda used as the video here.

Holiday wasn't her first single here, but it was her first hit. In the US Borderline was released next, then Lucky Star. It was like a wave...Holiday, then Borderline, then Lucky Star. She was getting talked about all over the place. All the critics were comparing her to Cyndi Lauper.

But no one knew what Madonna looked like because we didn't have a video for Holiday. (Burning Up wasn't played on MTV until she became a success).

I remember hearing Holiday on the radio in 1983, I was talking on the phone with my friend. We went crazy. We were like, "Who the hell is this? It's awesome!" I stayed up all night waiting for them to play it again.

The first time I heard Holiday, it was like heaven. I can't describe it. Everything about that song touched me.

The next day at school, EVERYONE was talking about Madonna.

Then I saw what she looked like...I was mesmerized. There was a time when no one hated her. Everyone loved her. It was a magical time.

Holiday wasn't her first single here, but it was her first hit. In the US Borderline was released next, then Lucky Star. It was like a wave...Holiday, then Borderline, then Lucky Star. She was getting talked about all over the place. All the critics were comparing her to Cyndi Lauper.

But no one knew what Madonna looked like because we didn't have a video for Holiday. (Burning Up wasn't played on MTV until she became a success).

I remember hearing Holiday on the radio in 1983, I was talking on the phone with my friend. We went crazy. We were like, "Who the hell is this? It's awesome!" I stayed up all night waiting for them to play it again.

The first time I heard Holiday, it was like heaven. I can't describe it. Everything about that song touched me.

The next day at school, EVERYONE was talking about Madonna.

Then I saw what she looked like...I was mesmerized. There was a time when no one hated her. Everyone loved her. It was a magical time.

Honestly that sounds incredible. I'm always interested to hear stuff like this.