Mexico Rebel Heart Tour

LHakaLH

I wonder if those rumors from MTRIBE were true that Live Nation & Madonna's team were disappointed in the pace of the Australia/NZ leg sales? Maybe to make sure they meet their financial goals, she's actually considering Latin America? I think this would be the first true worldwide tour. Well, minus Africa.

I doubt it's because of how the australian shows sold, i think it's got more to do with not being able to secure more asian dates, and even if she goes to Mexico i dont see her coming to South America(major economic crisis going on in Brazil and Argentina at the moment), it'll probably be Mexico and then off to Asia...

I doubt it's because of how the australian shows sold, i think it's got more to do with not being able to secure more asian dates, and even if she goes to Mexico i dont see her coming to South America(major economic crisis going on in Brazil and Argentina at the moment), it'll probably be Mexico and then off to Asia...

Well, the source of the new rumor says 11 new dates in Summer 2016 - so I doubt they are all in Mexico.

I think she is more into the creative process of putting the show together and seeing the result but once she gets a certain way into it she definitely is hanging out for it to end.

I don't know which she is more into but besides being under contract for albums and tours the movie she is set to direct is not far along enough in pre preduction to wait (no script, producers, cast etc). On the film she is writing the screenplay for (Impossible lives of Greta Wells) and co producing she has said that during the making of the album she was dividing her time between music and writing. And that there was a synergy between the two so that stories and ideas for the songs would come from the book on which it is based. It will really be interesting to be able to analyze the final result when you can look at it from a finished perspective you can see how it all seamlessly fits together (**hopefully**).

OMG I have to start saving, I would need like 5 tickets (great seats)

That would be at least like $ 2000 - $ 2500 usd

I don't think they even consiered skipping Latin America, that would be stupid, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina and Brazil were HUGE moneymakers last time with some of the biggest crowds of the tour (she will probably skip Chile though after the bad experience she had).

I don't think they even consiered skipping Latin America, that would be stupid, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina and Brazil were HUGE moneymakers last time with some of the biggest crowds of the tour (she will probably skip Chile though after the bad experience she had).

She had? LOL

She had? LOL

Well, the bad experience everybody had. I know it was a nightmare and I really would like her to go again to Chile.

Do you think people would go this time?

Well she could do Guadalajara, Monterrey and Mexico City, a radio host said that she was coming in february instead of The summer

Well she could do Guadalajara, Monterrey and Mexico City, a radio host said that she was coming in february instead of The summer

That would make more sense if she was planning to add dates. Since they haven't announced any more Asian shows (yet), there is still a 3 week window between Puerto Rico and Manila.

Well, the bad experience everybody had. I know it was a nightmare and I really would like her to go again to Chile.

Do you think people would go this time?

Of course people would still go, I'm pretty sure she could sell out 2 nights at Santiago's Movistar arena easily. Not sure about a football stadium next time cause 'people and fans alike' badmouthed her in the press after the MDNA show.

How in the world is Mexico more affected than Argentina? This isn't because I live in Mexico, it's just not true.

Argentina:

"Since the early 2000s, the Argentine peso has weakened more than 800 percent"

"inflation rose 2.48 percent in September, translating to a yearly rate of 41.06 percent, the highest rate since 1991."

"In the early 2000s, GDP -- not GDP growth, but actual income per person -- plunged by about two-thirds. That is a disaster on a level usually seen only by the likes of Russia or Zimbabwe."

Mexico:

"Mexico Annual Inflation Rate Falls to Lowest Since 1968... Annual inflation eased to 2.88 percent from 3.06 percent, the national statistics institute said Tuesday."

"Mexico’s economy will grow at 2.4% in 2015. Latin America as a whole will grow at o.5%."

"The Argentine peso is one of the most beaten up currencies in the region, having lost 27% in this period. The Brazilian real has depreciated by 20.6%, the Mexican peso, by 13.8%, the Chilean peso, by 13.1%, and the Peruvian nuevo sol has weakened by 11%."

"Mexico’s poverty rate previously fell from a peak in the mid 1990s, as GDP per capita rose steadily. Yet the recent rise in poverty occurred even as GDP per capita continued to increase. According to the OECD, it rose 5.4 per cent between 2012 and 2014, reaching $17,710, up from $4,541 in 1980."
There's a lot more poverty in Mexico compared to Argentina, but Mexico's PPP is MUCH higher, it's economy is very stable, inflation is very, very low, and the middle / upper class outnumber Argentina's entire population. And if we're comparing violence, Brazil has a slightly higher murder rate than Mexico and they both have the most violent cities in the world.
Countries by PPP:
940px-PPP2003.svg.png

Sorry, the only reason why I posted that is because 1) it's simply not true and 2) there's absolutely no reason why Madonna shouldn't come to Mexico. I'm not sure if she's coming because I feel like tickets would've gone on sale already, but if it's because of the Mexican peso weakening against the USD, they could just charge 13.8% more than last time to offset the negative effects.

She made USD 11,586,745 during MDNA Tour, if adjusted with the new exchange rate, that would be still be USD 10,080,468, which is still more than any other stop on the tour except for NYC and Medellín.

Things aren't as bad in Brazil and Argentina as people are saying, but I think consumer confidence is at an all time low in those countries, which would translate to much lower ticket sales this time around.

Literally praying this is true:

11811471_947606991962203_161580198905796

Apparently Live Nation has booked at least 11 RHT dates for Mexico in summer 16, also due to the whole dollar-peso thing, they're hoping bringing her to Mexico would be relatively cheaper and not as expensive. I also read in another paper that were this true, Mexico would be the only south American stop of RHT.

That sounds great! But I have the hunch she will do more South American dates (ok Mexico is Central-North America).

Guest bluejean

Well once she moves all the Australian dates closer together they'll be more space to do South America if she wants to.