Let's watch all the tours in consecutive order leading up to opening night

Guest bluejean

Guest bluejean

Okay now I know some of us are already doing this but with 4 weeks left I decided now is a good time to start watching all the previous tours in consecutive order.

Now its up to you how you want to do it (maybe you'd prefer to do it leading up to the show you are actually seeing) but since I'm probably going to opening night (TBC :lol:) I will be starting tonight with a schedule going roughly like this:

WEEK 1
The Virgin Tour

Who's That Girl

WEEK 2
Blond Ambition Tour

Girlie

WEEK 3
Drowned World

Re-invention

WEEK 4
Confessions

WEEK 5

MDNA

Rebel Heart!!!!!

I know we already have our tribute threads for different tours (Girlie and Confessions running at the moment) but maybe if people could post their actual tour experiences in this thread and any photos they may have personally taken, photos of you at the concert/s, San and Miguel can repost their MDNA Video blogs etc etc. Funny stories! Casual fans overheard bitching about the setlist... Anything and EVERYTHING. And yes by all means include the promo tours (Music, American Life, Confessions, Sticky) if you want.

Let's do this! (That goes for you too Grandma!)

Guest bluejean

Oh and if you have a video bootleg you prefer over the official release please do let us know. Some of us may want to watch bootlegs as we go... Why the hell not?

Guest bluejean

No.

But these are the props you need...

THE VIRGIN TOUR

Lace underwear

WHO's THAT GIRL

A comb

BLOND AMBITION
A crucifix (to masturbate yourself with)

THE GIRLIE SHOW
A huge dildo to sit on or a rubber glove so you can finger yourself without any mess on your Mom's couch

DROWNED WORLD TOUR
A copy of The Immaculate Collection and a hammer

RE-INVENTION
A brown paper bag for Imagine and who dat B

CONFESSIONS
A feather boa (the one you wore to the Kylie concert will be fine)

This is your chance to finally eat that stale old out of date candy that came with the Hard Candy limited edition

MDNA TOUR
A copy of Final Cut Pro so you can reedit the whole thing. Oh and take your shirt off honey.

REBEL HEART

A ticket :lol:

Guest ditaluver

No.

But these are the props you need...

THE VIRGIN TOUR

Lace underwear

WHO's THAT GIRL

A comb

BLOND AMBITION

A crucifix (to masturbate yourself with)

THE GIRLIE SHOW

A huge dildo to sit on or a rubber glove so you can finger yourself without any mess on your Mom's couch

DROWNED WORLD TOUR

A copy of The Immaculate Collection and a hammer

RE-INVENTION

A brown paper bag for Imagine and who dat B

CONFESSIONS

A feather boa (the one you wore to the Kylie concert will be fine)

This is your chance to finally eat that stale old out of date candy that came with the Hard Candy limited edition

MDNA TOUR

A copy of Final Cut Pro so you can reedit the whole thing. Oh and take your shirt off honey.

REBEL HEART

A ticket :lol:

BRILLIANT!!!

Guest bluejean

So I just watched The Virgin Tour official release.

Holy mother fucker, it was better than I remembered. The way she danced! So much energy. All those choreographed moves. How does a woman dance like that and sing at the same time? She was amazing from the start.

Virgin Tour is LIFE

Times have changed so much that it's refreshing to watch a show without backdrops and funambulist dancers.

As much as I loved CT and enjoy MDNA sometimes I feel that DWT was the last that balanced perfectly organic / sophisticated

But I know that times change and that I'm the one who misses the old golden days hahaha

Guest bluejean

Well she was fresh out of the box then and it was all about having fun. I think from there she really developed her stage shows more and more and she became so obsessed with all those technical details that she could never truly just relax and have fun like 1985. From BAT onward when she performed alot of the time its like her mind is in a million different places thinking about every move of everyone and every aspect of the production. It's almost like she's in the directors chair and on stage at the same time. Which of course is what makes her so fantastic and she had to grow into that and we wouldn't want her any other way. But that is why The Virgin Tour is so unique. It was the beginning of everything. It was simplistic.

But then watch that choreography because she dances like a motherfucker. 2 dorky male backing dancers. Love their jackets in the 1st sequence though, I wonder if I can kind one on ebay :lol:

Guest bluejean

You've got all week babe. When you're ready!

I may not be able to go see her in Montreal, it may be Toronto only which means I will have til October 5th to watch all the tours through :lol:

Guest bluejean

Okay I may have to watch ALL the official versions of the tours PLUS promo tours :lol:

The Virgin Tour Detroit

Who's That Girl Japan

Who's That Girl Miami (not whole show)

Ciao Italia! Live in Italy
Blond Ambition Tour Japan

Blond Ambition Tour Barcelona

Blond Ambition Tour Nice

Truth or Dare

The Girlie Show Live Down Under

The Girlie Show Japan
Live at Brixton Academy
Drowned World Tour Detroit

Re-invention Tour Lisbon

I'm Going To Tell You a Secret
Live at Kokos

Confessions Tour London

Live at Roseland Ballroom

Sticky & Sweet Tour Buenos Aires

MDNA Live at Paris Olympia

MDNA Tour Miami

I might also throw in afew bootlegs!

Guest bluejean

Okay I'm now watching Who's That Girl Live in Japan.

Wowser. What a transition from one tour to another. It's like a different woman. Larger than life.

I had to do Japan cos I put on Ciao Italia and that grandma boof hairdo really put me off. I do miss the Italy dialogue though.

Haha I've been doing this with my friend. Making her watch all the concerts and turning her into a loon :lol:

We have Confessions and Sticky to go 🙌

Guest bluejean

I'm going to watch Blond Ambition Japan today. Well I'll start with Japan but I may stop it after the audience bores me to death and switch over to Nice or Barcelona :lol:

I wish we had that Dallas show that was sent to HBO in full. THAT would probably be the premium version.

Guest bluejean

I just put on Yokohama and the opening spoken part was so underwhelming I had to switch it off and put Nice on instead :lol:

It sounded like she had just woken up :lol:

Guest bluejean

Okay half way through Nice. Visually it's fantastic, its like watching a different show to Japan.

And I have to say too, the difference between this and WTG is once again startling. WTG you feel like she's performing for and with the audience. With BAT you feel like you're the audience peering in. I will say, with all the fanfare about theatre and art I do think it doesn't really truly tell a story. This was just really the beginning of the concept of mixing live concert with theatre and this is where it all grew from. But I wouldn't say the idea is fully realised here.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna stray tonight after my 100 posts are done! Lol

Gonna start tonight once my 200 posts are completed!