Rebel Heart Tour pricing sparks Economic Inequality debate in the Phillipines

realityisalways

It's a super expensive show to produce... Seen the teasers? A Madonna show is always the biggest spectacle ever... Plus she's not doing stadiums (I think the stage had problems with the MDNA show as it was too complex and delayed the show, so they must be playing it safe this time round. Plus it's winter, so, they would need to put up with bad weather).

It costs, true, but it's a hundred times better than the other shows.

Arggghhhh bottom line is if you don't have the money then don't watch. I just do not understand the issue of economic inequality I mean for crying out loud the cheap seats are the same as any other concert in the Philippines and yes its the first ones that sold out btw. And yes I agree the tix are a little pricey compared to other leg but then again this is the first time M is coming to the Philippines , The Law of Supply and demand will always apply not to mention the fact that the organizers plus the duties and Taxes aggravated the situation. For all its worth as a long time fan I would definitely fork up the cost no matter what. My take on this is save up its six months to go and the 2nd day still has lots of good tickets available.

Agree with most of your posts but you can't possibly compare the costumes, rehearsals and video production that goes into a Madonna show with a Katy Perry concert :s98:

I can imagine this actually. I watched Katy's epix special and was kinda floored at how elaborate and expensive her show looked. Tons of props and custom screens for each song. Probably the biggest concert spectacle I've seen apart from Madonna

I'm sorry, but I do not believe Katy Perrys overheads were higher than MDNA. If that is true, then she must have made little to nothing on that tour.

I'm sorry but when acts like Beyoncé and Lady Gaga can command $250 per ticket, then Madonnas $400 seems perfectly reasonable. With that said.....of course all of those prices are too much for a concert.....but I'm sure the cost to put on those spectacles is overpriced in itself. The world is overpriced. People pay $600 for a fucking phone or $100 to take someone on dinner/movie date.....$120 for a pair of decent jeans....in my opinion all of that is overpriced. I can understand the highest level pricing (not the resales you see on TM that she doesn't have anything to do with) of $400 when compared to other acts. I will say though, using that top tier pricing for half the arena isn't reasonable to me at all.

"So start saving your pennies now. People spend $300 on crazy things all the time, things like handbags. So work all year, scrape the money together, and come to my show. I'm worth it!" :queenbitch:

original.jpg

Who's gonna pay for the overhead then?

Yes, we're a third-world country but Madonna's target audience here are mostly those who can afford the ticket. The cheapest is at 8 thousand. You'll find pot-bellied guys and businessmen spending 8K for booze and food but they're not complaining. Some idiots here think that all entertainment should be cheap. That's why there are a lots of pirated DVDs and Blu-Rays and illegal downloads in the country. If they can't afford the ticket, they should shut up and stop complaining.

Madonna's fans are not the "jeje-masa" (composed mostly of Internet tweens and those-who-still-think-they're-tweens). She's elitist, that I agree with.

Those moaners probably haven't seen any of her show and have no idea how big of a production her shows are and how the logistics go into it. And I'm pretty sure the government is charging them high to perform here. Complainers should take that into consideration. I've had friends who bought shoes online from other countries in order to save money but when the goods arrived here, the city hall charged them the same amount they bought it for to claim it.

Arggghhhh bottom line is if you don't have the money then don't watch. I just do not understand the issue of economic inequality I mean for crying out loud the cheap seats are the same as any other concert in the Philippines and yes its the first ones that sold out btw. And yes I agree the tix are a little pricey compared to other leg but then again this is the first time M is coming to the Philippines , The Law of Supply and demand will always apply not to mention the fact that the organizers plus the duties and Taxes aggravated the situation. For all its worth as a long time fan I would definitely fork up the cost no matter what. My take on this is save up its six months to go and the 2nd day still has lots of good tickets available.

This!

Oh, and according to so-called insider 'andifeel' (who indeed goes to about 30 odd shows per tour) the likes of Katy Perry's last show had a far more elaborate/expensive staging budget than MDNA. That's no excuse either.

He apparently works within her team so he's said on another forum maybe thats how he affords it :) also hes very lucky getting front row seats to practically every show he sees I don't know how that happens

My ticket for the first night cost me over $650-- and even that is just the 5th most expensive! I got the cheapest tix for the 2nd night ( at around $70) right up the boondocks, which would not be that bad I think as it would be my "taking it all in from afar" night.

But, I would've wanted the cheapest tix during the first show.. and the more expensive seat for the second show as better, nearer seats are still available,,,

Yeah, the tix are soo expensive and shot a big hole through my pockets, but, hey, it's M - A - D - O - N - N - A.

Oh, wait. Aside from the tickets, I now have to book non-discounted airfare and hotel accommodations.. and go on salary-deducted leave for 3 days (excluding the 25th)! Aarrggh!!

It's fine to want to save up to enjoy a pricy concert, but:

average monthly wage (in US$)

USA 3,263

UK 3,065

France 2,886

Canada 2,724

Syria 364

Philippines 279

So getting your money's worth is all relative.

I dont even make that much a month. Anyway, if you save up money for the concert ticket, you should be able to afford one!