The Madonna Wannabe's: Black, White, Yellow, Red and Purple.

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

My friends and I were the first Wannabes in our middle school. When I was in middle school, if you didn't dress like Madonna, you were a nobody.

isnt that marvelous?!

now i remember this girl, i think her name was carrie and unlike the other wannabes she had the first album hair (short, blond, cropped, chunk wavy on top) and she painted this beauty mark in on her cheek. i thought she was the best thing since sliced bread!!! love at first sight!!!

isnt that marvelous?!

now i remember this girl, i think her name was carrie and unlike the other wannabes she had the first album hair (short, blond, cropped, chunk wavy on top) and she painted this beauty mark in on her cheek. i thought she was the best thing since sliced bread!!! love at first sight!!!

I tried to do the first album hairdo, but I couldn't. My hair was blonde but way too thin. I could never obtain curls. I painted the beauty mark though.

We would ditch class and stay in the bathroom practicing our Lucky Star moves. We got caught by a teacher once, he said to us, "get to class girls, Madonna got an education too". He was awesome.

Guest Pud Whacker

I tried to do the first album hairdo, but I couldn't. My hair was blonde but way too thin. I could never obtain curls. I painted the beauty mark though.

We would ditch class and stay in the bathroom practicing our Lucky Star moves. We got caught by a teacher once, he said to us, "get to class girls, Madonna got an education too". He was awesome.

:rotfl:

i love every second of it!!! tell me more!!!

and when we meet were doing the Lucky Star video together!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Samantha Fox, Page 3 girl turned singer, is very much a Madonnabe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD33AxebRAg

Been in the press recently because her long term girlfriend and manager died.

I LOVE Samantha Fox!!!

was she always a lesbian or is that a fairly new development? (meaning was she during her fame? - not an album released 10 years ago. i mean the 80s)

Amy Schumer always reminds me of Sammy.

i love every second of it!!! tell me more!!!

and when we meet were doing the Lucky Star video together!!!

And papa don't preach.

Here's one...

When Truth Or Dare was released, my best friend and I were getting ready to go see it. She decided that she wanted me to do her makeup, Blond Ambition style. When we got to the movie cinema she was so embarrassed. She looked ridiculous. We went into the bathroom to take it off.

Nowadays it would be retro, but back then we felt like dorks.

Guest Pud Whacker

And papa don't preach.

Here's one...

When Truth Or Dare was released, my best friend and I were getting ready to go see it. She decided that she wanted me to do her makeup, Blond Ambition style. When we got to the movie cinema she was so embarrassed. She looked ridiculous. We went into the bathroom to take it off.

Nowadays it would be retro, but back then we felt like dorks.

thats the best!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Off topic, I'm quite proud of Madonna for not having a big hair faux rock power ballad phase. Not that Bonnie Tyler doesn't have her place, but Madonna was always just too cool and her musical instincts too good for that.

oh yes, that would have just been awful.

The wannabes are everything :sassy::wow:

Guest Pud Whacker

The wannabes are everything :sassy::wow:

i always wonder where they all are?

thats why i bow at the feet of Webo Girl - there since The Beginning - an Original Wanna Be.

Guest Pud Whacker

Who's zoomin who. Another pre-date, some said the Nanas were the inspiration for Madge's early style. I call bullshit!

i think theres some truth to it. its about the same time.

Guest Pud Whacker

Interesting. The Nanas were/are fabulous.. the best non-singers ever. :lol: Their first single with Fun Boy Three was 81, then their shyt came out around the time of Everybody!

loved them with fun boy three!!! lets not forget in the late 70's and 80's with punk and new wave, if you had a proper singing voice you were nothing. laughed at.

Bananarama had a similar story, they moved to live in the city with no money and hung out with artsy types and guys in bands that told them to try music.... fashion sense and no money= do it yourself look.

love it!!!

That Mylene Farmer performance :rotfl::rotfl:

Donna looks great

But what kind of reductive TGS Vogue bullshit

Dead at the random hand movements and the make up ..................

Even Gargamella circa 2009 looks more polished and legit than that

In the notorious 80s tit wars you had Italian wallflower Sabrina up against Sammy Fox. As you can see, subtlety was her forte.

But I've been thinking about you

Since you've been looking at me

And I've got something to say

In the notorious 80s tit wars you had Italian wallflower Sabrina up against Sammy Fox. As you can see, subtlety was her forte.

But I've been thinking about you

Since you've been looking at me

And I've got something to say

look at them titties jiggling :tigger:

• 2 weeks later...

Some russian wannabes. Most of them tried to copy M in 90s, some of them at one point or another were called Russian Madonnas.

Lika Star (she was the first who was called Russian Madonna. Actually for nothing, just for being "sexy")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlzcC6vGFE4

Valeria (most popular singer among russian conservatives. Self proclaimed russian Madonna, has nothing in common with M, but promoted herself in Great Britain as "russian M". She is political slut and hypocrite - now she's all for Kremlin and Putin, became very homophobic, supported anti-gay law and became very anti-western publicly but still performs in Europe). Now she and her husband always say bad things about M (M can't sing, M gets money for anti Russian propaganda and all this shit)

Linda (used Madonna's images in the beginng, and in 1998 Madonna (!) was accused by russian media and Linda's management in stoling Linda's image and sound for Frozen - watch the second video, which had been released in 1996)

Sasha (she looks a lot like M)

Lada Dance (she was never called russian Madonna but in the beginning of her career used Madonna's image)

Natasha Koroleva (never tried to be M, simple and sometimes funny)

Edited by sgrus

Who's zoomin who. Another pre-date, some said the Nanas were the inspiration for Madge's early style. I call bullshit!

It was me! I was reading it in an interview and I can't remember from where and it said that the Nana's influenced her style. The timeline fits as it was 82 to 83 when they were really big.

If you look at the transition from Everybody with the gelled up hair, collar up etc then by 83 M was going with the rags, charity shop look.

66-BANANARAMA-1989.jpg

Wasn't Sandra sold as some kind of German Madonna? This is a direct rip off of the Pet Shop Boys West End Girls though and Laura Branigan's Self Control.