The Madonna Wannabe's: Black, White, Yellow, Red and Purple.

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

Oh god, you see Pud, they're starting. :dead:

:lol:

yeah, thats the worst, i deal with that constantly. upward and onward, i always say!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart (1987)

giving us a a bastardized Lucky Star video with a really bad clip on hair piece that doesnt match her real hair. :rotfl:

but I LOVED THIS SONG!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Alisha

yes Alisha! she was a Big One!!!

i mean listen to that beginning, it sounds like Into The Groove!!!

Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart (1987)

giving us a a bastardized Lucky Star video with a really bad clip on hair piece that doesnt match her real hair. :rotfl:

but I LOVED THIS SONG!!!

Taylor Dayne has some pipes, man.

Guest Pud Whacker

Tia :wow:

R-538698-1298048260.jpeg.jpg

babytalk.jpg

:rotfl:

she had the nerve to start off with YOU GOT ME BURNING UP - YOURE MY BOY TOY!!!

what year is this again?

Guest Pud Whacker

What's the name of that South American cunt who stole Open Your Heart, doing a Spanish version before Madonna released it? It's on youtube but impossible to find any info unless you remember her name.

im completely unaware of this!

FIND IT!!!

Despite being originally written in English, a Spanish version of the song titled "Abre Tu Corazón" was recorded by Venezuelan rock singer Melissa, who released it in March 1986 on her "Melissa III" album. Considering Madonna first released the song on the "True Blue" album three months afterwards, Melissa's "Abre Tu Corazón" can be considered the first released version of the song, although it is possible that Madonna's version (for which she received a co-writer's credit) was recorded first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Your_Heart_(Madonna_song)

Guest Pud Whacker

Despite being originally written in English, a Spanish version of the song titled "Abre Tu Corazón" was recorded by Venezuelan rock singer Melissa, who released it in March 1986 on her "Melissa III" album. Considering Madonna first released the song on the "True Blue" album three months afterwards, Melissa's "Abre Tu Corazón" can be considered the first released version of the song, although it is possible that Madonna's version (for which she received a co-writer's credit) was recorded first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Your_Heart_(Madonna_song)

OMG!!! wait...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

I couldn't find that on Wiki. Long ass article where they talk about Liza Minnelli and Fellini and shyt for the video.

:thumbsup:

Wow at Open Your Heart being "stolen" and performed by someone else even before M released it!

paula reminded me of lisa lisa, too!!! :lol:

---

Shannon - Let the Music Play - that and Holiday were the biggest club songs of 1983 that crossed over to national radio. shannon is really important when discussing madonna's early years and breaking from clubs onto the radio. they were neck and neck.

Based on chronology, I should have said as you did. Paula reminds me of Lisa Lisa, and not the other way round. :doh:

This is such a colourful thread!! :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

Two who pre-date her but nevertheless changed their acts up like everyone else

oh yes, Belinda did manage to navigate through the 80's with a handful of hits.

love her! xo my favorite solo belinda song and video. that hair and make up is fabulous. and her vintage 50's dresses.

Guest Pud Whacker

Wow at Open Your Heart being "stolen" and performed by someone else even before M released it!

Based on chronology, I should have said as you did. Paula reminds me of Lisa Lisa, and not the other way round. :doh:

This is such a colourful thread!! :lol:

i thought you did!!! :lol:

OMG that Cristina album was before or after LAV????

A couple of months before. And her equally good first album is from 1980.

She was the prime female act of ZE Records (even marrying the record label boss Mariah-style) whose stable included (Was) Not Was. They released records that were termed the"No Wave" and "Mutant Disco" genres.