Songs without bridge? Let's list them

Crystal Coffin

In order for a song to be bridgeless it needs to have an incredibly strong melody and enticing lyrical value.

I am a singer songwriter and I find the bridge to be the hardest part to write. A friend of mine has written over 500 songs and it comes as second nature to him.… I'm not that talented. He has written a few bridges for me and I am always amazed at how effortlessly it flows from him.

In order for a song to be bridgeless it needs to have an incredibly strong melody and enticing lyrical value.

I am a singer songwriter and I find the bridge to be the hardest part to write. A friend of mine has written over 500 songs and it comes as second nature to him.… I'm not that talented. He has written a few bridges for me and I am always amazed at how effortlessly it flows from him.

:wow: But... are they any good? :lol:

Madonna does the best bridges ever, and her bridges are always the best part of her songs. Its always a bit disappointing when there's no bridge - it doesnt make it a bad song but leaves a kind of gap of what could have been.

So songs like 4 minutes have this anticipation at the beginning that just fades over the song and there's no wow point after that.

Yes, if i had to name one thing where Madonna shines i would put the bridge thing even above her moves or her charisma, that's how much i admire her talent at writing that precise part fo the song. She can lift you up or make you feel sad in just a turn of the melody, especially the last line of the bridge

... never gonna hide it again!

... How will they hear, when will they learn, how will they know?

I love her bridges, yes they are hard to write (I always struggle with them myself) and one that always pop out in my mind is from who's that girl

..."light up my life, so blind I can't see!"

And the beautyful trumpets when WTG bridge starts.... oooooooh. Please Madonna, reinvent everything in the song, but let that few seconds!

And what about the beautiful Spotlight bridge? And Express Yourself? Well...

IMO, Spotlight and Who's That Girl summ up the very escense of 80s Madonna.

And the beautyful trumpets when WTG bridge starts.... oooooooh. Please Madonna, reinvent everything in the song, but let that few seconds!

And what about the beautiful Spotlight bridge? And Express Yourself? Well...

IMO, Spotlight and Who's That Girl summ up the very escense of 80s Madonna.

This thread is about songs with NO briddge :lol:

This thread is about songs with NO briddge :lol:

Oh, i just thought of the line of WTG and my mind exploded hahahaha. Sorry babe.

Is Living for Love a song without bridge, by the way? Or does the up, up, up part count as bridge?

I used to feel like a lot of the songs on "Music" album didn't have a bridge, but I have to revisit again. Especially "Gone" and "I Deserve It".

I had to look up the exact definition of a bridge again though, to remind myself it's purpose in a song. So maybe those songs have simple ones... They are very simple songs anyway, though very beautiful still.

I love a great bridge, and Madonna definitely has some of the best, but it's understandable that there are many different kinds of songs that can be written.

Bedtime Stories lacks easily identifiable bridges except for the two Babyface tracks.

"I Deserve It" has a very memorable bridge! "I have no regrets, there's nothing to forget, all the pain was worth it, not running from the past, I tried to do what's best, I know that I deserve it!"

Oh you are right... that is a great lyric! (Bridges are the perfect time for a memorable lyric).

It's because there is a very similar chord progression through the whole song that I didn't think there was a bridge in it. In some other songs, the song can change chord in the bridge moment.