Supernatural - Our First Proper B-Side- and Closest to a Madonna Halloween Track

Guest Pud Whacker

Video wise I'd say Deeper And Deeper is very Halloween... Even Bad Girl and of course Frozen! Supernatural is on top of the list but yes Frozen and Sanctuary have that sort of creepy vibes. Mer Girl, too. Someone also mentioned Voices but don't know if it's as eerie as the ones I just mentioned.

The Beatles released a compilation titled Love Songs in 1977- and they all look to be ballads. Not sure if that was the first, but, obviously, M wasn't the first. :)

Elton John's Love Songs was released around the same time as STR.

*boring Lecter memory alert*

I started BIG SCHOOL (secondary coming up for 12) in Sept 89 and te Monday was the first half day orientation . I finished at one and got the bus into town and got the Cherish cassette single and blasted Supernatural forever

Still adore

Also note: LET DOWN YOUR GUARD. is a fucking fabulous b side

Halloween: Supernatural

Christmas: Santa Baby

All Saints Day : I'm a Sinner

Free Money Day : Love Spent

St. Patrick's Day - Lucky Star

Valentine's Day - Gang Bang

Gonna take my pants off for a different kind of romance

That super-duper naturally big thing

It's outrageously large

:1251:

Is there an original version out there? cos the one on Cherish B side was "Original Arms House Mix".

Hey Pud!

What's this about Ain't No Big Deal not being a proper or Bside? The version released on ROTKBs and PDP was recorded during the Madonna album sessions. Are you referring to the earlier Steve Bray, Mark Kamins or Wayne Braithwaite versions?

LOVE Super duper naturally big outrageously large! I always thought Supernatural was about masturbation, no?

Hey Pud!

What's this about Ain't No Big Deal not being a proper or Bside? The version released on ROTKBs and PDP was recorded during the Madonna album sessions. Are you referring to the earlier Steve Bray, Mark Kamins or Wayne Braithwaite versions?

LOVE Super duper naturally big outrageously large! I always thought Supernatural was about masturbation, no?

If I may interject. I spend hours writing down my interpretations of M songs (and, other people's songs). You've already blown my mind once tonight and now you're blowing it again.

Supernatural.

I've very rarely take any song literally. There's usually an abstract meaning - those are my favorite kinds of songs. The ones which make you think. Also, a lot of the time, the writer of the song won't tell you what it's about and leaves it up to the listeners imagination. I like that too.

I've been taking Supernatural for granted for all these years, me thinks. Firstly, it's a flirty upbeat song. My interpretation was/is that she's metamorphosed a fantasy lover. The perfect man, he's there for her pleasure but, no stings attached. Every womans' fantasy. Every woman who is like Madonna, that is. "you're not upset when I come home later than ten.....". All the fun and none of the bullshit. However, he's in her imagination, so of course he's going to have a "super-duper naturally big thing. It's outrageously large".

Anyway, I can spend hours dissecting M's songs. And, I do. I'd like to hear your interpretation of the masturbation meaning.

And, then shoot myself for not thinking of it too.

I think I can see it:

"and I'd say that your skills as a lover are very refined. You know just what I want and I don't have to ask"

"you know I'm really quite touched"

Also

"you're not upset when I come home later than ten" could mean something completely different.

Thanks, Pud for letting me spew.

You've picked out most of the lines that conjure up the masturbation fantasy and not sure if they were intentional or not, but we know how she often likes to write lyrics that can be interpreted in a number of different ways. Then again, it could just be MY twisted mind, not hers.

Interesting how Supernatural and Like a Prayer both start with the sound of crashing guitars - I wonder which song came first?