Just bugs the shit Out of Me that Joan of Arc is virtually ignored!

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

Cos that's the acoustic version. Blame the sound guy. I hope she does the ALBUM VERSION on tour!

that was painful.

---

me too, regarding album version!

Guest Pud Whacker

And now I know how Joan of Arc felt as the flames rose to her roman nose

when i try to explain how i feel, that i still need your love after all ive done....

Has she ever sang so many songs off an album live on tv? This song and era are everything! Bring on the singalong at the tour!!!

Edited by lrnzi

What i find very interesting with this album is that the tracks are all so very good separately that they kind of cancel out each others. What i mean is for example MESSIAH in the middle of the other songs is kind of uneventful but once it played randomly on my playlist after tracks by other artists and i was struck by the cheer beauty of it, something i did not pay attention to before. It's so beautifully orchestrated and sung.So yes tracks get forgotten in the middle of all this quality like Joan of Arc even though it is one of the tracks i wished i had not heard the demo of because it makes me not like the album version even though it's as good but my ears are used to it being this almost torch song.

JOAN is my favourite song on the album! I wouldn't say it's ignored at all. Every week or so I start a thread about it. I think most of us here love it and also clearly it's not ignored by M as she performed it on Ellen and also referenced it a lot on Instagram and a lot of the album artwork / tour imagery etc. seems to have a strong JOAN theme. Although yes I am starting to worry about it not being performed on the tour. I feel sick at the mere thought.

This is my favourite song on RH. The demo leaked at the right moment last december when I was living one of the worst periods of my life. My heart made out of steel was breaking down. The feelings she expressed were exactly what I was feeling at that time. So this song will always have a special meaning for me. Like Secret and Cherish, songs that helped me at key moments of my life.