Will there be more North American shows added?

Guest bluejean

Guest bluejean

Do we think they'll be more shows added? Like secondary shows in Inglewood, Vegas? Maybe another Quebec City show or a New York show? Or am I dreaming here?

I was hoping for a Seattle add since that arena map leaked but the closer we get to the tour opening, the less likely I think it will happen. :shy:

Do we think they'll be more shows added? Like secondary shows in Inglewood, Vegas? Maybe another Quebec City show or a New York show? Or am I dreaming here?

Get real.

I doubt it very much. The fact she is struggling in major markets, LA, Las Vegas, San Jose, NY, Boston, Chicago is very telling. Her stock is really low. Unless there are amazing reviews for the tour and good word of mouth I can't see them adding any shows.

You can forget right now a second night in Quebec City since the first one is far from sold out. Since the weekend, an ad about the show is broadcast on TV to try to sell the remaining tickets.

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/quebec/2015/07/24/001-ventes-au-ralenti-billets-rbo-madonna-centre-videotron.shtml

She really should have done Dallas again since she had to cancel a show last time due to laryngitis.

While it may be shocking that she is "struggling" this time around, for an artist who charges high prices to play new material, what do you expect? She has done this a lot since 2001. The general public is not going to pay that much to see her play new material for the 4th time in 14 years. Their loss.

Guest bluejean

I don't think she wants to prolong the tour much anyway because doesn't she want to venture into stand up comedy in 2017? The tour will go up to mid of next year anyway

Well I hope she charges alot lot less for that because I don't even know if I'd pay $50 to see that :lol:

I wouldn't call it struggling, just lack of interest, in the 90s madonna was on top of the world IMO, a tour then obviously, tickets were unheard of. Now madonna, of them all ,still has nose bleeds in Chicago, which is crazy to me, the dwt show I saw people I knew who lived in Chicago had to stand in a lottery line for even a chance for a ticket. How things have changed. Though the empire monster madonna is, the tour will still sell, I don't know just crazy to me how a performer as she is, is selling slow in some markets. Point blank I became a huge fan when vogue was new, so there's the difference.

Edited by Taj71

Agree with others who suggested Texas since she had four scheduled shows there for MDNA and wind up only playing three. There's a very large population there, but Madonna probably does not care for the state because it's pretty right wing!

Somewhat surprised also that she completely skipped Denver, but maybe she oversaturated that city too.

No matter what, her numbers will surely be impressive by the time the tour is over, in 2016.

Bottom line is Team Madonna/Live Nation have pissed too many people off with high ticket prices, booking her into huge parks and stadiums with inadequate sound systems not to mention the ridiculous late starts and her insistence on the set list consisting of most of the songs from her current album that a lot of the audience aren't really bothered about. Add in the lack of a hit single and it's not difficult to see why ticket sales are struggling in major markets.

I do wonder how many people completely wrote off going to another Madonna show after her 10:30+ starts for MDNA — especially for the weeknight shows.

I don't expect her to start at 8, or even 9, but that was ridiculous and people were pissed. Especially when a beer while you wait is $10 a pop.

To call Texas "right wing" is really missing the point. Dallas proper, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus, Brownsville, El Paso, are very liberal areas with huge populations. Madonna has always had big success in Texas. It is unbelievable that whoever does the booking, skipped Texas. It is a huge state where she has not saturated the market.

She needs to hire a great documentarian to do one of those great documentaries that get the public all excited about the subject matter. Release it for the movies, Oscar consideration and home box office.

It's more telling of the economy than Madonna as a great show to see imo. Those tickets are priced really high. More ppl in the big cities are struggling than we realize.

Guest Rachelle of London

thought forbes said tickets were 95 percent sold?

That's what I read. Also they're releasing tickets in stages. Shows that appeared as sold out a few weeks ago now have tickets available