Listening to "This Used To Be My Playground" (Movie Version)

Guest Pud Whacker

I love the line 'This used to be our secret hiding place' that only got used in the credits version that's nearly seven minutes long! I can't find it on youtube though.

Guest Pud Whacker

I love the line 'This used to be our secret hiding place' that only got used in the credits version that's nearly seven minutes long! I can't find it on youtube though.

im listening to that one on mp3. its 6:56

Guest Pud Whacker

I wonder why they decided to make 3 versions of the song. hmmm

penny asked for seven minutes for the credits, they clipped one for radio and fill in the rest!!! :lol:

I love this song SO MUCH. It's a bit unusual 4 a number one hit, but that's what it is! :wow:

My mother adores it...c she gets it...she's never shown any love 4 a big Mariah Carey or Celine Dion

ballad...but slow Madge songs she loves...she's always asking me...who is she singing about when she

plays her ballads...she always says 2 me U can tell that it's real. My mama :inlove:

Guest Pud Whacker

I love this song SO MUCH. It's a bit unusual 4 a number one hit, but that's what it is! :wow:

My mother adores it...c she gets it...she's never shown any love 4 a big Mariah Carey or Celine Dion

ballad...but slow Madge songs she loves...she's always asking me...who is she singing about when she

plays her ballads...she always says 2 me U can tell that it's real. My mama :inlove:

i love that!!

im listening to that one on mp3. its 6:56

Yeah, I've got it too but I wonder if some people don't realise the film version has extra lyrics.

Sadly, this is another song M isn't fond off, someone mentioned here recently!

Guest Pud Whacker

i love that acko.

shes so bizarre jonski!!!

i always have a fantasy each tour that This Used Be...starts and it goes through her early days in new york.

maybe one day!!!

Guest bluejean

But did she actually ever say she wasn't fond of it. Or is that just an assumption?

I mean not including it on Celebration or GHV2 is ridiculous I have to admit.

Guest bluejean

It doesn't sound like a hit song does it? I mean was it cos it was tied into the movie that it did so well? Or just cos it was Madonna? Or abit of both?

Guest Pud Whacker

It doesn't sound like a hit song does it? I mean was it cos it was tied into the movie that it did so well? Or just cos it was Madonna? Or abit of both?

its the first song after the Like a Prayer album, Vogue, Blond Ambition tour, Immaculate (Justify My Love, ), Truth or Dare...

It was all about Madonna.

she was it. in every department.

i think they liked that it was a softer madonna. after that 3 year above mention!

She seems to cast aside her movie songs once they've had their run. I guess she writes them with a different purpose to her album tracks. Maybe she disconnects from them as a result. And whilst TUTBMP is a sweet song I don't think it's great concert material.

Beautiful song

I miss the days of a random film soundtrack that then had no baring on the sound of the next album.

Bloody song only appearing on "Barcelona gold" album.

I love this song! The video I saw it first in a Sony BETA tape, and When saw the movie I was surprised with the new lines and I extracted the sound from the DVD later cos I didnt have it ! It's beautiful and it was not an easy song to make.

Ive been listening to my TUTBMP CD single lately in the kitchen while cooking dinner. My 5 year old daughter loves it when I put it on. One of my absolute faves, brings back a feeling about my childhood every time I hear it, and now that I'm older the lyrics ring true in a way I never understood when I it came out. Love it, excellent M song. :inlove: