Deeper and Deeper discussion.

Guest Pud Whacker

I find this one odd as the layering/mixing is just not strong as the other demos from the tapes. It's like someone ran it through some filter to make it sound like its being played in a hallway.

lowering the quality of the files is something that's been done since the leaks started :/

The person who leaked this also leaked the Spanish Lesson demo.....it's funny. She's giving a spanish lesson but in the demo she says signorina which is italian :laugh:

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

This demo is a goddamn treasure.

Good Lord, that outro :dramatic:

I understand now what Shep is talking about in the "Erotica" diaries when he complains about not wanting to put "La Isla Bonita" in the bridge. The piano break is divine.

For years "Deeper and Deeper" was my favorite Madonna track. It was the first Madonna single I ever owned -- As a baby gay, I swiped the cassette tape from my mother! :lol:

Yeah that piano break is divine and the alternate vocals are to die for at the end. Still I'd never trade the Spanish breakdown or Vogue sample for anything.

I feel like I've heard this before, are some of the elements of the demo on some of the remixes that were on the EP? Would love to dig it up but its in storage somewhere.

Oh my gosh, it is simply breathtaking. Thankyou so much for the kind person who shared it with the rest of us. I wouldn't trade the album version for anything though. Now let's hope all the other demos surface including the Words demos, other Thief Of Hearts demos, Jitterbug etx

I hate the internet sometimes. So much MIS-information :geek:

I think we need an official book dedicated to all of madonnas videos, telling the background stories, who appeared where shot and the idea, story of the video with some nice stills. And that in 30 x 30 cm edition !!!!

• 1 month later...

'Deeper and Deeper' comes in at #4 in my all time Madonna songs. I love everything about it: the album cut, the mixes, the lyrics, the video, live renditions (especially Girlie) but RHT amazing obviously. Such a glorious track!