Deeper and Deeper discussion.

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

I love Deeper and Deeper - it is absolutely my favorite track from Erotica. And one of my all-time favorite Madonna videos.

Ok but one my favorite madonna twitter friends sent out a Deeper and Deeper tweet today and it said it was at the Roxbury in Los Angeles. I had a friend that was an extra in the video and they said it was at The Probe on Highland Ave in LA. Having gone there a million times - I never questioned it - it looks just like The Probe did.

Ok, so I do some research and it leads me to some Joey Stefano book and then they say that hes the dude in the white underpants that flexing for M and Debi and the girls and now im like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!! Thats not Joey Stefano! and that it was filmed at the Roxbury.

so now im questioning everything i ever thought i knew about the Deeper and Deeper video. (Hold Tight Jazzy Jan - you may want to leave now for somewhere in this thread, the discussion might go to Rebel Heart :lol:)

so heres the joey and roxbury from his biography (in blue)

tumblr_nsilo0Rjyn1qlycwjo5_r1_540.png

shoulder length bob? whattttttt?

tumblr_nsilo0Rjyn1qlycwjo3_540.png

tumblr_nsilo0Rjyn1qlycwjo2_540.png

An authority on Joey Stefano is trying to tell us THIS is joey stefano in a blond bobbed wig? :rotfl: maybe it is. maybe im beyond blind.

is that Joey Stefano?

Guest Pud Whacker

Love that video, those remixes...everything.

No, Joey Stefano WAS in SEX, but not in that video!

i knew it. that all came from a biographer of Joey Stefano!!! listen, i catch so many madonna biographers fucking up all over the place and see it being repeated over and over as fact.

You can make comments on the 'Talk' section of Wikipedia and occasionally the information will be updated but you must supply a source reference.

Unfortunately, the guy that wrote most of the M stuff on wikipedia used the extremely inaccurate Tamborelli biography and clearly wasn't a fan from the start as there shocking errors and contradictions in the early part of her career entries.

DAD still remains one of my tops vids though. Would love to see all the B rolls for this esp that Merc!

Guest Pud Whacker

Love the song and the video so much!! Has anyone noticed that the version on GHV2 sounds more punchier?

no really? ill have to break that out.

no really? ill have to break that out.

It's just the 7"/ single edit/single mix

Was remixed for release, like what they did for previous single mixes/7"'s

This is also one of my alltime favourite Madonna videos. Unbelievably good.

I was interested a few years ago to find out that apparently the subtitles at the start of the video aren't actually a translation of the German being spoken!

The b-roll from this would be my preference for the next to leak (it is out there).

Wow

The house piano brake and the beautiful ending.. Imagine the tantrums if that demo had leaked prior the release and Internet existed??? Hahaha

Oh pity that the voice is so muffled. And kudos to Donna and Nikis job in the album radio.

By the way isn't Shep like one of the best producers ever???? What a multilayered pleasure

Guest Pud Whacker

Wow

The house piano brake and the beautiful ending.. Imagine the tantrums if that demo had leaked prior the release and Internet existed??? Hahaha

Oh pity that the voice is so muffled. And kudos to Donna and Nikis job in the album radio.

By the way isn't Shep like one of the best producers ever???? What a multilayered pleasure

:rotfl:

its amazing!!!

but NOTHING touches the original. if only she knew...

nas and chance the rapper. yeah thats what the world wants from madonna. :lmao:

Deeper and Deeper (straight pass) demo from the Rain tapes

(I Love the ending and i prefer her vocals here they are less nasal)

https://yadi.sk/d/Nn_YuxaFiG3aR

I find this one odd as the layering/mixing is just not strong as the other demos from the tapes. It's like someone ran it through some filter to make it sound like its being played in a hallway.