Bow your Stink Holes down to Who's That Girl!!! Madonna's 6th Number One Single

Guest Pud Whacker

I've been watching that tour all week long. FABULOUS!!! And Who's That Girl is clearly her 7th greatest song of all time!!!

I just HATE that Who's That Girl was EXCLUDED from the Immaculate Collection. This song does NOT get the RECOGNITION it deserves!

I think WTG is my all time favorite transition period in her career. Love the lite freestyle sound, the lyrics, her Spanish. It's very introspective. Like a prelude for what was to come next.

And I'm sorry, but the music video is LIFE!!!

I have to confess Who's That Girl is not one of my faves. I can understand why Madonna left it off The Immaculate Collection. I always thought it was one of her weaker No1 singles.

Guest bluejean

I suppose she left it off cos it's a bit cringe worthy but that was the 80's. I love it and so do all the hardcore fans I think. I have no idea how average Joe feels about it. Is it forgotten or do people really know it?

Yes I will bow my stink hole to Who's The Girl. Anytime. Any place.

Her red dress is gorgeous. Brilliant number.

Guest bluejean

IT'S NOT CRINGE WORTHY.

Well I meant to her. She pretty much ignored its existence until Celebration (the song and album.)

I would love to see footage of Nikki Finn flash on the screen/s during its Rebel Heart comeback performance.

Its interesting how this made it to #1 while other hits such as la isla , express yourself , material girl never made it

I imagine it was left out of IC because its too latin and similar to la isla

The movie is cringe but the song still good

Guest bluejean

The movie is fabulous!

Those songs you listed are bigger hits than some of the songs that did go to #1. I don't know what was holding from the top spot but they were not lead singles so maybe that is why.

The movie is fabulous!

Those songs you listed are bigger hits than some of the songs that did go to #1. I don't know what was holding from the top spot but they were not lead singles so maybe that is why.

Nice theory

Also it just shows how since then logevity is more important than #1s in the long run

She left it off the Immaculate collection because it reminded her of the bomb the movie was at the box office and how much shit she got from it though it's a nice nostalgia piece now and i enjoy watching it a lot unlike many of her other movies i can't bare to watch a second time (Body of evidence or Snake Eyes though she's good in them i don't like the movies and of course Swept away and the Next Best Thing, i'll add Evita too for good measure, Madonna is good actress in bad movies who wouldn't have had the exposure they had if she was not in them hence the backlash she got from them) ANYWAY, the song is good, to me it has a bit of David Byrne/Talking Heads influence and her tracks on the soundtrack are better produced than True Blue. The sound of Who's That Girl, Causing Commotion (that bass in the intro is wide) and The Look of love is wonderful.

And the video, i wish she made another video with her hair like this and i love the Agnes B. jacket and cut off high waisted pants with cut off leggings and that bustier with the straps crossed in the back and of course that hat. It could have only been her dancing in front of a white wall and it still would have been mesmerzing.

LIGHT UP MY LIFE !

And that performance on the WTG <3

I love it but it sticks out like a sore thumb on Celery with the of-the-era production. I used to think it was better than the overexposed La Isla, but maybe not. It above all other songs was crying out for a tour reinvention.

After all these years I still haven't been able to get through the movie (THAT voice :scared:) but the songs survive and I'm intrigued by Mattress's McNuggets avatar of Nicky Flynn.

It was released during her imperial period so of course it would get to #1. It was the first self-referential song that was about the mythology of Madonna after years of constant image changes.

Love it. It's such a beautiful and sweet song. The melody is gorgeus, the voice, THE VOICE! the synths... Love the extended version. and the vid, she's soooo cute in the vid, loved her back then because she was brunette and i didn't expect it and found her soooo near me. I mean, not threatening, you know, but like a big sister. I have a very special connection with WTG, i think she got in my subconscience as some kind of big sister back then.

I love it but it sticks out like a sore thumb on Celery with the of-the-era production. I used to think it was better than the overexposed La Isla, but maybe not. It above all other songs was crying out for a tour reinvention.

After all these years I still haven't been able to get through the movie (THAT voice :scared:) but the songs survive and I'm intrigued by Mattress's McNuggets avatar of Nicky Flynn.

It was released during her imperial period so of course it would get to #1. It was the first self-referential song that was about the mythology of Madonna after years of constant image changes.

Sorry babe but I pretty miuch disagree with everything in your post. Let's face it, everything on Celery sticks out like a sore thumb. It's not Who's That Girl's fault. The compilation was a hot mess, end of. They should have stuck with straight-up chronological order (or at least vaguely so) either from present to past or past to present. But we digress.