'Like A Prayer' Appreciation Ed. 2015

loowee

This album should not be missed by anyone wanting to see and hear Madonna t her best.

The title track persists as No. 1 on my Madonna list, and for good reason. It's, in a word, heavenly.

Great choice of singles (though I would have loved to see a video for "Till Death Do Us Part"- you know it would have been epic).

Gotta disagree here -- "Like a Prayer" has probably the best single choices of her career.

Though ... She did say that Sean was a fan of "TDDUP." Maybe she could have gotten him to appear in the video :lol:

Gotta disagree here -- "Like a Prayer" has probably the best single choices of her career.

Though ... She did say that Sean was a fan of "TDDUP." Maybe she could have gotten him to appear in the video :lol:

The first 3 singles were the ONLY possible choices. It wasn't like TB and full of singles - the opposite of course, it was filler free and stood as an album.

As an aside that Facebook advert (since when did they need advertising?!) with the piano version of Prayer makes me realize again how great it is.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest eroticerotic

Anytime I see Blond Ambition clips her vocals are pre laryngitis

Found this gem of one of my top 3 fav songs from M!

The vocals and performance delivery here of LAP are on point. Wow!

Speaking from a point of view of a fan who wasn't there during this era.

Listening to her album from COADF backwards, this is the album where a new fan can really get to know the essence of Madonna. When I first listened to this, it's like getting to know the real Madonna, the sides of her the GP doesn't know. This is quintissential Madonna.

Not only is this the best song Madonna has ever released, but it's the best song of all time. It's been my favourite song since 1989 and after 26 years (and around 2/3 of my life) in the top spot, I can't see it ever being replaced! How this didn't win multiple Grammys is beyond me. Pure pop perfection.

:lmao: