Do you think she intended to release RH as two albums to finish her contract?

Guest HaveASit

Guest HaveASit

I'm reading those things on other forums and I wonder if it may be true. I think she is not very happy with Live Nation, so it makes sense. They just said hell no and she had to scrap the idea.

Thoughts??

I doubt a double album qualifies as two separate releases in a contract though. I liked the double album concept but I don't see how some of the album tracks would work on either side. Songs like Devil Pray/Body Shop/Best Night don't fall into either category. doesn't she have ANOTHER tour under Live Nation?

Guest HaveASit

Well, yeah. But those contracts are a mess sometimes. I remember Destiny's Child being obligated to release an album with new material to end their contract, they just released a compilation album with 1 new song and that was ok.

No, RH Tour is the third and last one

Guest HaveASit

I can't picture her in a record company anymore, so why would she try to end her contract?

Doesn't she need to release an album by 2017 or something like that? She could think that the deadline is too close, or she just want to take some break to do whatever

She can take 30 demos and make another album if she wants. She just need a couple of new songs. In fact, she can release a box in December with all the demos. That could be the final album. So the answer is no.

No, RH Tour is the third and last one

How many times people can get it wrong? In 2007 she signed for 3 albums and 4 tours. The first tour was for her last WB album HC.

She has one tour left and one album.

Guest HaveASit

@karbatal

Well, I don't think she would reuse songs that leaked and all of her fans already know to create a new album, even if she reworks the songs.

Did I Love New York and Hung Up original versions leak before IGTTYAS and COADF?

@Matt

I get I little confused with her contract tbh

@loowee

Have no idea

Guest CzarnaWisnia

How do people know what the contract between M and LN entails? Aren't those details usually kept under wraps? Did M's people talk about it in more detail, I don't remember.

How many times people can get it wrong? In 2007 she signed for 3 albums and 4 tours. The first tour was for her last WB album HC.

She has one tour left and one album.

People get it wrong because we have no idea what the contract actually says. Short of Wikileaks posting a copy of the actual contract, we can only go by what the press reports about it -- and press reports are often contradictory.

Various press reports since RHT was announced have said or speculated that this tour will conclude her Live Nation deal, like this one or this one.

even if she didn't intend to do that...i'm sure livenation saying no was because they knew she would be done her contract.

i thought she wanted to do comedy stand up in tiny theatres across america - final tour done, lol.

Last I heard RH is her last tour under contract for LN, but she still owes Interscope an album after RH. Makes sense she would try and get it all over with at once and then move on to directing, or sign a new contract- whatever she wants to do.

Guest HaveASit

No.

If she wanted to get out of her contract she would have done released a mix tape of the demos not on the album

If her label wouldn't accept a double album to fulfil the contract, a mix tape with the demos would have been even less plausible

But that's what Drake did to get out of his contract so who knows its all speculation

She said she wanted it as a double album for artistic purposes not for some contractual thing.

Guest HaveASit

I know, that's why I'm wondering. I just think the leak is not a strong enough reason to change the whole release. I mean, RH has 24 songs, this is two albums already. Would it make so much difference dividing the material on 2 CDs? The only reason I can think of to justify this is the first 6 released songs being the ones closest to conclusion. Then, considering they mix rebel and heart songs, she couldn't change the order anymore to make 2 separate CDs.

I initially thought it was gonna be a 2 disc album. But M confirmed in an interview it was gonna be 2 albums out at once. Someone told her she couldn't do that, and that's why we only have 1 disc. If a second leg of the RH tour (like next year in Oz and Asia) were to end the touring portion of her contract, then it kinda makes that she had intended to release two albums to end the contract as a whole.

I think she had planned out to much in the beginning. hoping to get the albums and tours out of the way, so she can work on another film.

Who knows what's next in store for her. But since she's been working non stop it seems like another loooooooooong break is ahead of us :/

Barring any info from the actual contract, I would also wager that wasn't the intention with Rebel Heart. Since we *think* she has 1 more tour after this one, it wouldn't make sense to complete the album portion of the contract before the touring portion - UNLESS she intended to make the last tour under this deal a GREATEST HITS extravaganza. However, knowing what we know about Madonna, she likely wouldn't do that.

I suspect there will be a new deal once this current one ends. She's not retiring. She may take a break, but if David Bowie and others can keep going, so will M. Whatever the next deal is, it will likely be very loosely structured. Who knows? She may take her recording back to an actual label (or maybe just a streaming service like Tidal) and keep the touring separate, however with the dire state of record sales, I can't see a label paying her a lot without getting some of her touring profit.

Guest HaveASit

whats all this about? it ended up being a 2 disc cd.

Yes and no. The Super Deluxe edition has 2 CDs, but both of them are part of the "Rebel Heart" album, something like Christina's Back to Basics. She intended to release two different albums, one being the Heart and the other being the Rebel.