NICK KAMEN debut album Deluxe 2xCD out SEPTEMBER

Jamesy

Just kinda interesting that Nick Kamen's debut self-titled album is getting a deluxe 2CD release next month in the UK.

The 1986 album was most famous because it featured a collaboration with Madonna - in a year when she had her biggest ever selling UK album.

Disappointingly, it doesn't include anything previously unreleased, but it's the first time most of the "Each Time You Break My Heart" mixes have been issued on CD. Also a shame there's no DVD included. There were two official videos for "Each Time..." - one featured Felix Howard, who was also in the 1986 Madonna video OYH.

From the press release:

‘Each Time You Break My Heart’ - peaked at #5 in the UK Singles charts in 1986 and was Top 10 across the European music charts.

The single was written and produced by Madonna and Stephen Bray - the writer / producer team
behind Madonna's "Like A Prayer” album.

Madonna also unmistakably provides backing vocals on the track. This compilation features six versions of this essential Nick Kamen track - album / dance mix / extended - remixed by Shep Pettibone / dub / extended instrumental version and the US radio mix.

http://shop.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=5175

Full track listing:

DISC ONE

1. WIN YOUR LOVE
2. OPEN THE DOOR TO YOUR HEART
3. NOBODY ELSE
4. INTO THE NIGHT
5. COME SOFTLY TO ME
6. LOVING YOU IS SWEETER THAN EVER
7. EACH TIME YOU BREAK MY HEART
8. THE MAN IN ME
9. ANY DAY NOW
10. HELP ME BABY
11. BABY AFTER TONIGHT (BONUS TRACK) *
12. MISS YOU (BONUS TRACK) *
13. EACH TIME YOU BREAK MY HEART - DANCE MIX (BONUS TRACK) *
14. NOBODY ELSE - ARTHUR BAKER DANCE MIX (BONUS TRACK) *

DISC TWO

1. EACH TIME YOU BREAK MY HEART - EXTENDED VERSION *
2. LOVING YOU IS SWEETER THAN EVER - EXTENDED DANCE MIX *
3. NOBODY ELSE - SPECIAL ARTHUR BAKER DANCE MIX *
4. WIN YOUR LOVE - THE LOVE MIX *
5. COME SOFTLY TO ME - 12" VERSION *
6. EACH TIME YOU BREAK MY HEART - DUB *
7. NOBODY ELSE - JELLYBEAN US 12" VERSION *
8. EACH TIME YOU BREAK MY HEART - EXTENDED INSTRUMENTAL *
9. LOVING YOU IS SWEETER THAN EVER - INSTRUMENTAL *
10. EACH TIME YOU BREAK MY HEART - US RADIO MIX *
11. NOBODY ELSE - JELLYBEAN US DUB *

*DENOTES RELEASED ON CD IN THE UK FOR THE
FIRST TIME

I thought Tell Me, which also features Madonna, was also on that album. Guess not! Thanks for the info though.

Guest Pud Whacker

I thought Tell Me, which also features Madonna, was also on that album. Guess not! Thanks for the info though.

that was on his next album, i believe.

that was on his next album, i believe.

Thanks. I love M's vocals on Tell Me...back when she used to have that gorgeous raspy quality to her voice!

https://soundcloud.com/pclerice/madonna-tell-me-madonna-vocal

And when will Madonna fans get a re-release like this?

It is kinda funny.

Who'd have thought in 1986 that Madonna's protogee Nick Kamen would have his album given the deluxe release treatment before any of hers!

We will likely see deluxe editions of Marilyn Martin and Nick Scotti's albums before we see anything like this from Madonna. Sad but true!!

He still looks good!

The thing is that i found him INCREDIBLY beautiful but now I look as his pics as young and i don't find him that beautiful! I guess he had a face that was perfect for that moment.

And by the way, just how great is the song I Promised Myself? It maybe be one of the best songs ever!

The Shep Pettibone US radio remix sounds really good.

Thanks for the info, I've just pre-ordered!

I love that mix! I spent a small fortune on a 1987 "Hit It" Warner promo CD to get that one in digital, it will be interesting to hear it with up to date mastering. Hopefully not overly compressed/LOUD. I think this is the first time on CD (anywhere, not just UK) for quite a few of these tracks.