Countdown to REBEL HEART Tour: less than a month to OPENING NIGHT!

Apples388

Guest bluejean

Well if she's doing Bonita and in the latin bullfighting section of the tour I think it needs a return close to the original.

Guest bluejean

I'm quite surprised by the negative response of a lot of fans to S.E.X. Especially after Madonna explaining the meaning of the song in an interview. That the song is like her critic to how people use sex nowadays, with the dating apps and people hooking up so easily and being more opened to the subject. It's almost like Madonna is contemplating what herself was partially responsible for: opening up people's minds about the subject.

Should be a very interesting performance or backdrop. I look forward to it! :D

Where is this negative response you speak of? I haven't read anything here about that. And I think it would make a GREAT interlude video. She needs to do a whole SEX section in the tour. Holy Water, SEX, Justify, Like a Virgin...

Imagine SEX (containing elements of Erotica.) That would be hot.

Guest bluejean

I don't understand your reasoning. Of course it's their problem personally. But if enough people get disappointed once they won't necessarily come back again for the next tour to be possibly disappointed twice. It then becomes another kind of problem.

And that's exactly what has happened.

Guest bluejean

I really think she should do Hung Up on this tour. The original though. I'm listening to it now and it really is a classic up there with Holiday, Like a Prayer, Vogue, Music etc etc.

Deeper and deeper and who's that girl!

No words

I think i need depends.

My two favourites

Throw in Angel and I'll be carted out the arena

All my organs will fall out of my ass if this happens.

Another teaser for S.E.X. via IG...

You've got a bad attitude.............. #rebelhearttour" -Madonna

SEX_zps4d1pngbc.jpg

Video interlude?

Quick question: for "La Isla Bonita", do you think she'll include the dubplate she did for Diplo and Major Lazer?

Lord I hope. I need some trashy dancehall mix. Can you imagine the uproar of moans that will occur? :wow:

I really think she should do Hung Up on this tour. The original though. I'm listening to it now and it really is a classic up there with Holiday, Like a Prayer, Vogue, Music etc etc.

She did the disco diva mix, the hard rock and roll mix, the wtf mix, whats next? Native American Aztec remix?

Guest bluejean
She did the disco diva mix, the hard rock and roll mix, the wtf mix, whats next? Native American Aztec remix?

That would be amazing. Great idea.

Guest groovyguy
Watch Madonna live for free

Why settle on spending thousands of your hard-earned money for Madonna’s Rebel Heart concert next year when you can be among the first to catch the Queen of Pop conquer the stage again this October.

It will be an an all-expense paid trip for two in Las Vegas.

As a new and value packed treat to those who #ChooseBetter, Sun is giving away free Madonna Rebel Heart tickets and a trip to Las Vegas for two.

Sun gives subscribers the chance to watch Madonna's Rebel Heart this year in Las Vegas

You do not even have to wait for next year. You can be among the first to watch Madonna’s highly anticipated concert tour at the entertainment capital of the world on Oct. 24 this year!

“Everybody knows the Queen of Pop and to see the music icon perform live is truly a memorable experience. And as a treat to our subscribers who Choose Better, we will make this a more unforgettable moment as we fly them to Las Vegas for free and catch the spectacular concert earlier than the rest of us and enjoy the music of the Madonna live without having to spend thousands of pesos,” says Joel Lumanlan, Sun VP for Postpaid Marketing.

“The concert is creating so much buzz on the music scene and we all know Madonna, she’s unpredictable on stage and her shows are always deemed to be a larger-than-life experience,” says MCA Music Inc. Frontline Marketing Manager Haze Romawac. “This is why it is really generous for Sun to come up with this promo to reward practical Filipinos who make intelligent choices with a once in a lifetime opportunity.”

Madonna’s Rebel Heart Concert Tour marks the Queen of Pop’s return to a worldwide concert tour since 2012. With new songs from her album Rebel Heart, fans can now watch her perform new songs like “Living for Love” and “Ghosttown,” alongside her other hits from her large repertoire of songs live.

To join the promo, Sun subscribers just need to register for free on the award winning music app Spinnr by going to the promo registration page within the app or at www.spinnr.ph. Raffle entries can be earned by subscribing to Spinnr’s Live Package in-app or by texting LIVE to 4067. This gives Sun subscribers 30 days of all-day music access with no added data charges for only 99 pesos. Sun subscribers can also earn more raffle entries by purchasing or gifting a Madonna song via Spinnr.

Three winners will be selected and each awarded with a free trip for two to Las Vegas for three days and two nights — complete with hotel accommodation, transportation expense, meal allowance and of course, concert tickets to Madonna’s Rebel Heart Concert at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas. Promo winners will then be notified by phone call and registered mail.

So what are you waiting for? Choose Better and start making your ultimate Madonna playlist! Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime chance to see the Queen of Pop live in Las Vegas for free. Promo runs until Oct. 4. Promo is also open to Smart, Talk ‘N Text and PLDT subscribers.

Guest Rachelle of London

I remember being at Earls Court having a smoke outside the venue (but still inside, as the good old days) and these groups of girls and a gay were bragging how they had no spoilers and sent Madonna flowers and that they hope she did Angel.

I didn't have the heart to say she didn't . But then I had been on the vodka and may have possibly said "it ain't happening huns" (and that the flowers were in the bin)

:dead:

I don't understand your reasoning. Of course it's their problem personally. But if enough people get disappointed once they won't necessarily come back again for the next tour to be possibly disappointed twice. It then becomes another kind of problem.

And I don't understand your reasoning. So Madonna should scrap her artistic vision and completely cater to those casual fans who didn't even bother to listen to her new album in order to sell out a venue. No thanks. I'd rather she play in smaller venues then in future if that means we still get some surprises in the setlist and she follows her instics. I already said that I agree with most of you and that I would love to hear more hits but I can't with these stories of disappointed people who obviously don't understand where M is coming from artistically.

We all know what caused the 'problems' and it has been discussed many many times. She has over saturated some markets, the prices are too high, she isn't as successful anymore as she used to be, her late starts from MDNA and so on....the setlist definitely plays a part in all this but only a small one. She will always sell out her shows even if it takes longer than before.

When the student is ready the teacher appears.....................❤️#rebelheart

11363847_1479449329035866_103740569_n.jp

A lesson in sexology? :wow:

Guest CzarnaWisnia

And I don't understand your reasoning. So Madonna should scrap her artistic vision and completely cater to those casual fans who didn't even bother to listen to her new album in order to sell out a venue. No thanks. I'd rather she play in smaller venues then in future if that means we still get some surprises in the setlist and she follows her instics. I already said that I agree with most of you and that I would love to hear more hits but I can't with these stories of disappointed people who obviously don't understand where M is coming from artistically.

We all know what caused the 'problems' and it has been discussed many many times. She has over saturated some markets, the prices are too high, she isn't as successful anymore as she used to be, her late starts from MDNA and so on....the setlist definitely plays a part in all this but only a small one. She will always sell out her shows even if it takes longer than before.

Adding old songs to her setlist hardly "scraps her artistic vision". That implies you know what her artistic vision is for this particular tour, which no one does. Casual fans probably did listen to the most recent album somewhat, probably not obsessively like the loons do, but still. That doesn't mean they don't want to hear, preferably, the songs they are more familiar with and with which they have the most memories associated (as do the big fans actually).

Most people who attend her shows don't care for Madonna as an artist and may not even care about anything artistic at all. When you draw 20 000 people, you get a lot of curious folks that only know Madonna as a commercial fixture of pop culture, of radio (of the past), etc. They're curious, they want a good night out, etc. So it's likely many will not understand where she's coming from artistically or where she's going. They might do so if she includes more familiar stuff (but some are just there to "have fun" generally). When I went to MDNA, a group behind me kept talking and taaalking and mentioning how great she looks at her age. I heard many people around me mention that repeatedly during the show. They don't have a thought for the concert's structure or progression, for the stage set up, the lightning, etc., they don't think aesthetically. Madonna's fitness has become a kind of "special effect" for some people who attend her concerts. They just want to go to say, the next few days, that they've seen "Madonna, yeah she's so fit for her age". Great.

Whatever it is though, I don't see anything disrespectful in people attending a concert and being disappointed by it, generally speaking. But to expect the general public to groove and jump to a lot of songs from MDNA which even the M loons argued over (very gayly) is an unrealistic criteria from which to judge people's disappointment, which they're entitled to anyway.

Guest bluejean

She needs to do at least 10 or more big hits on this tour. It's a no brainer.

I mean if you know anyone outside of this forum that is going to the concert you can guarantee they expect to hear the hits. Especially the 80's and early 90's. It's alot of money to spend and not get what you expect.

She needs to do at least 10 or more big hits on this tour. It's a no brainer.

I mean if you know anyone outside of this forum that is going to the concert you can guarantee they expect to hear the hits. Especially the 80's and early 90's. It's alot of money to spend and not get what you expect.

I think we will get a RIT set list. She's not silly she must be aware that tickets are not shifting as fast as previous tours. This tour needs a good buzz

i really think she has NEVER done songs because she thinks she has to or owes it to anyone. Every tour has been the songs she wants and that she think fit into her vision of her performance. For example, doing in this life instead of bad girl. Or the funny song instead of take a bow or power of goodbye. or candy shop a hundred times instead of any other song. she has a vision, if your favourite song doesnt fit in, too bad.

I think both sides in this argument have valid points. I think she needs to carefully balance the two things. She needs to maintain an artistic vision and at the same time include a good number of older iconic hits that people know.

Different people come to shows with different things they want to see. Some people like the artistic side, while others just want to have fun and sing along with songs they know.

Madonna did not get to be the one of the most iconic performers by merely performing all her hits just like the recordings. One of the things that makes her an iconic performer is how she presents her music in a theatrical way, not just a GH show like other artists. Btu at the same time she has very well known iconic songs that people associate with her and want to hear.

So she needs to balance the two, and both sides here really have equally valid points to me.

i really think she has NEVER done songs because she thinks she has to or owes it to anyone. Every tour has been the songs she wants and that she think fit into her vision of her performance. For example, doing in this life instead of bad girl. Or the funny song instead of take a bow or power of goodbye. or candy shop a hundred times instead of any other song. she has a vision, if your favourite song doesnt fit in, too bad.

Sorry but RIT was packed with hits not because she wanted to play them but because it was damage control after AL flopping. She knew she had to pull out all the hits. She has said many times she hates playing MG but she included it in RIT.