Countdown to REBEL HEART Tour: less than a month to OPENING NIGHT!

Apples388

Some drama queens here... Sure the sales this time aren't moving as fast as the other tours due to overpriced tickets, lack of current hits, oversaturation in some markets, a certain damage in her tour imagine; facts that I'm sure she and her team know and will try to solve and at the end of the day, this tour is going to be seen as a success, surely not as her two previous tours but definitily a step in the right direction.

"I still don't think it's that bad overall because I'm trying to pull up tickets on Ticketmaster for the 2nd MSG gig in NYC and I can't find any?

I think the poor sales thing is a bit exaggerated by the fan community at present.

I'll worry if articles like this start popping up next week: http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2015/04/22/why-are-there-so-many-tickets-still-on-sale-for-u2s-upcoming-tour/ (this article was published approx. 4 weeks before U2's tour kicked off).

Interesting comments in that article. I think this guy sums up how some Madonna fans feel

andrew170366

"I have been a U2 fan since War album, I first saw them at Lancaster University in early 80's and have been to see every tour since, but this time it is a no. Quite simply the high cost of tickets and extortionate booking fee meant that 2 tickets alone for London are close on £350! if I add travel arrangements from North West England and necessary overnight accommodation the cost comes to £500! an amount I simply cannot afford"

Unfortunately, these bigs acts (Madonna, U2, etc.) who have done very, very well by touring but they aren't really offering anything new this time around. Yeah, it's a new concert with "new" songs but let's keep it real, it's basically the same formula... again. And instead of lowering ticket prices, they're charging more. It's like releasing the same iPhone with a new color and charging more. Eventually people are just not going to be too excited.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan and if Madonna were coming to my city I would sell a kidney to see her, but us die-hard fans only make up a small percentage of concertgoers. Anyway, I'm sure it will do well at the end of the day, I just doubt it's going to be a smash.

Wtf is up with Australia though??? :lmao:

Unfortunately, these bigs acts (Madonna, U2, etc.) who have done very, very well by touring but they aren't really offering anything new this time around. Yeah, it's a new concert with "new" songs but let's keep it real, it's basically the same formula... again. And instead of lowering ticket prices, they're charging more. It's like releasing the same iPhone with a new color and charging more. Eventually people are just not going to be too excited.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan and if Madonna were coming to my city I would sell a kidney to see her, but us die-hard fans only make up a small percentage of concertgoers. Anyway, I'm sure it will do well at the end of the day, I just doubt it's going to be a smash.

Wtf is up with Australia though??? :lmao:

I think you are right the big acts aren't offering anything new it's the same cycle, release the album go on tour because that's where the money is at. Something needs to change the touring industry needs a shake up. The customer needs to be offered a new experience. I don't understand how Team Madonna have allowed her stock to fall so far. It's like they are completely clueless.

I do think Madonna is considering MORE classics due to the slow sales and commercial lacklustre of RH.

Had Living for Love become a huge hit a la Hung Up stylee, and RH had of a old stronger I doubt we would be getting such a (rumoured) classic packed set list!

Let's not forget her latest album is her longest ever.....

But let's ask ourselves this.....

IF Amercan Life has of followed in its presidessor footsteps and been a hit, would the Re-Invention tour of even happend?

Maybe the 2016 leg will have even more classics, i.e. first two singles of Ray Of Light that are not even rumored at all.

Maybe she will sing a few classics in her comedy tour.....

That's what 2016 is reserved for right!?

That and another film.

Oh gosh, its sad that this era is just a flop.

1. album leak

2. weak album sales

3. no singalong at the grammys during the performance, noone knew the lyrics

4. the fail at britawards

5. noone talked about the duett Madonna & Taylor Swift

6. no sell outs

7. cancelling the first dates of north american tour

8. aussies lost interest in madonna

I hope Madonna will not end up like Carey doing a world tour of 9 dates in south east asia, or just like Britney ending in Las Vegas :huh:

Oh dead Lord!!! Some of you lot are so over board!!

Once this tour kicks off! Losers will regret buying tickets! She will do just fine!!! This era has been WONDERFUL!!! Great performances!!! She has been talked about!

Please hurry up with the tour Madonna!!!

Guest Rachelle of London

She should just scrap the entire tour and delete the album from everywhere and slash her wrists and put her kids up for adoption

:dead:

i see several people talking about how she's going to focus on the hits to try to sell tickets "or maybe this leg or that leg will focus on the hits" or whatever. I hate to break it to you guys, but it really seems like this tour is going to be strictly for the fans. Very heavy on the Rebel Heart tracks with some completely reimagined version of her past songs that flow nicely with her artistic vision and all that jazz :lol:

There are going to be some pissed off queens out there and I can't wait :lmao:

And I really don't get why people think that, it's clearly just them being hopeful. NOTHING that she's posted on instagram, including her two short behind the scenes videos, even hint at the idea that Madonna is working on a general public friendly type of tour. It looks darker and more "art" than ever before.

Guest bluejean

And I really don't get why people think that, it's clearly just them being hopeful. NOTHING that she's posted on instagram, including her two short behind the scenes videos, even hint at the idea that Madonna is working on a general public friendly type of tour. It looks darker and more "art" than ever before.

Maybe because she's hashtagged a zillion 80's and early 90's hits over the past few months? She's doing hits. Mark my word.

Maybe because she's hashtagged a zillion 80's and early 90's hits over the past few months? She's doing hits. Mark my word.

Maybe not a zillion, but probably 12-15. Either that or they have been rumored through News of Madonna. Probably 9 or 10 from RH. I doubt it is to sell tickets as such since the hits will be the old standbys She pretty much does what she feel like I think. lol

Okay, fine, I don't read all of Madonna's hashtags and I certainly don't try to find a deeper meaning when she posts a selfie and adds a hashtag :lol: Just based on the visuals from the two videso this doesn't seem like a hits tour AT ALL.

And duh, she always does hits, but saying "oh, maybe in the 2016 leg of the tour she'll focus on her hits to try to sell tickets" seems like something someone says just because they're nervous that the tour isn't selling as well as her past tours

MORE REBEL HEART TOUR NEWS

- S.E.X is a first interlude
- Body Shop has a sampler of "La Vie En Rose"
- Unapologetic Bitch is the second song of tour
- Rebel Heart song has a Led Zeppelin sampler
- Madonna dance with nuns in "Deeper and Deeper"

MTRIBE FORUM