Countdown to REBEL HEART Tour: less than a month to OPENING NIGHT!

Apples388

Let me clean your room

I can be your nurse

​Got the antidote

Please show me where it hurts

Can you be my father?
Tell me what to do

You can punish me

And, baby, I could punish you

SEX
Whatchuknow'bout SEX?

:wow:

Guest groovyguy
Madonna breaks down the rigorous work going into her upcoming Rebel Heart tour

Andy Cohen guest-edited EW’s latest issue so of course he had to talk to his favorite pop star Madonna about her massive Rebel Heart tour, which kicks off Sept. 9 in Montreal. By her own estimation, the Material Girl has been spending 10 to 12 hours a day prepping for the string of gigs—a schedule so rigorous that an aide follows her to make sure she stays nourished. “I call her the food police,” Madonna tells Cohen. “ ‘Are you eating? Did you drink enough water?’ I’m like, ‘Bitch, get off my pole!’”

Speaking of poles, Cohen gets the scoop about the dancing nuns on stripper poles that Madonna teased in Rebel Heart’s trailer. “I just like the juxtaposition,” she says of the risqué routine. “I’m very immersed in deconstructing the concept of sexuality and religion and how it’s not supposed to go together, but in my world it goes together.”

As for the show itself, Madonna hasn’t revealed much, but she offers some insight about how she balances her setlist with greatest hits like “Vogue” and her new Rebel Heart material. “Of course, the thing Im most excited about doing is my new stuff, because I haven’t done it yet and it’s fresh,” she tells Cohen. “But I realize that people want to hear my older stuff, so for me it’s always a tricky balance trying to keep some kind of continuity, not only with sound, sonically, but also thematically … a lot of times I have to take the songs and turn them inside out and make them more ironic than straightforward.”

Cohen also inquires about whether Madonna’s 14-year-old son Rocco would appear on the tour. “I think he’s probably gonna work behind the scenes,” she says. “He’s not interested in performing on stage with me right now. There’s way cooler things. Your mom is not that cool when you’re 14.”

Stay tuned to EW for more scoop from Cohen’s interview with Madonna, along with other juicy stories from his guest-edited issue.

Speaking of poles, Cohen gets the scoop about the dancing nuns on stripper poles that Madonna teased in Rebel Heart’s trailer. “I just like the juxtaposition,” she says of the risqué routine. “I’m very immersed in deconstructing the concept of sexuality and religion and how it’s not supposed to go together, but in my world it goes together.”
As for the show itself, Madonna hasn’t revealed much, but she offers some insight about how she balances her setlist with greatest hits like “Vogue” and her new Rebel Heart material. “Of course, the thing Im most excited about doing is my new stuff, because I haven’t done it yet and it’s fresh,” she tells Cohen. “But I realize that people want to hear my older stuff, so for me it’s always a tricky balance trying to keep some kind of continuity, not only with sound, sonically, but also thematically … a lot of times I have to take the songs and turn them inside out and make them more ironic than straightforward.”

Thank you Madonna, for confirming what I've been saying all along.

Even the juxtaposition of religion/sex. I remember people hating on Holy Water so much earlier this year and I kept telling them how it's SO her and that it's pretty much her quintessence.

Also, I'm very glad that she's saying that she's trying to achieve a good balance of new and old songs and that the focus is on sonical and thematical cohesion. That's really all I want. And no, this ain't gonna be a GH tour, which is a huge relief for me as well.

I don't believe anyone was suggesting that Madonna do a purely GH show and ignore Rebel Heart or forget about her usual type of shows which have cohesive themes.

People were saying there needs to be the balance between old and new and not ignore the older bigger hits which more casual fans are looking forward to.

I have to admit that I heard "Let me clean your room" while listening to the demo as well. :dead:

No wonder :)

MadonnaTeaser_Main.jpg

madonna.jpg

I have to admit that I heard "Let me clean your room" while listening to the demo as well. :dead:

No wonder :)

MadonnaTeaser_Main.jpg

madonna.jpg

Guest Rachelle of London

Thank you Madonna, for confirming what I've been saying all along.

Even the juxtaposition of religion/sex. I remember people hating on Holy Water so much earlier this year and I kept telling them how it's SO her and that it's pretty much her quintessence.

Also, I'm very glad that she's saying that she's trying to achieve a good balance of new and old songs and that the focus is on sonical and thematical cohesion. That's really all I want. And no, this ain't gonna be a GH tour, which is a huge relief for me as well.

Do you think you'll go to a show now she's confirmed that it's a balance of old and new?

Don't the majority of touring artists give you a balance of the old and the new? Not sure why that would be a surprise or a problem for anyone?

I don't believe anyone was suggesting that Madonna do a purely GH show and ignore Rebel Heart or forget about her usual type of shows which have cohesive themes.

People were saying there needs to be the balance between old and new and not ignore the older bigger hits which more casual fans are looking forward to.

Yeah not just casual fans but huge fans too. We just want a good balance. A lot of us love RH but we also want older songs too.

Don't the majority of touring artists give you a balance of the old and the new? Not sure why that would be a surprise or a problem for anyone?

From my experience, most major touring artists play mainly hits, along with a few new songs.

Acts such as U2, Kylie Minogue and P!nk all usually perform around 30% new songs and 70% oldies.

From my experience, most major touring artists play mainly hits, along with a few new songs.

Acts such as U2, Kylie Minogue and P!nk all usually perform around 30% new songs and 70% oldies.

Really I thought they performed more of a balance like 50%/50%? Pink for example still has quite big radio hits even with her current music so I would think she would perform a lot of that.

Madonna is atypical amongst most established acts in her rebellious attitude towards her back catalogue. We got the early signs of it with The Girlie Show but it became fully established with the Drowned World Tour. As we've discussed in many, many other threads though, she has occasionally succumbed to what the public wants (Re-Invention Tour.)

All signs point towards that scenario happening with the Rebel Heart Tour. Fingers crossed anyway.

I think she should do more older songs than the Drowned World tour and maybe even the last two tours, but not as many as RIT.

Rebel Heart is such a great album so it would be a shame not to do a significant portion of it. Most likely if she doesn't perform the songs from it on this tour, we won't get a chance to ever hear live performances of them.

Really I thought they performed more of a balance like 50%/50%? Pink for example still has quite big radio hits even with her current music so I would think she would perform a lot of that.

Kylie's recent Kiss Me Once Tour had a setlist consisting of her greatest hits, supplemented by 3-4 new songs. And her 2015 summer tour featured just one song from her latest album.

P!nk's latest tour featured 7 songs from The Truth About Love, 14 oldies and one cover.

Most likely if she doesn't perform the songs from it on this tour, we won't get a chance to ever hear live performances of them.

You're right about that!

I guess I'm Going Bananas in TGS, RIT's Bedtime Stories interlude and MDNA's inclusion of Cyber-Raga and Celebration are the only exceptions to that rule (as far as I remember, Celebration was released just before the 2009 leg of S&S started).

Madonna is atypical amongst most established acts in her rebellious attitude towards her back catalogue. We got the early signs of it with The Girlie Show but it became fully established with the Drowned World Tour. As we've discussed in many, many other threads though, she has occasionally succumbed to what the public wants (Re-Invention Tour.)

All signs point towards that scenario happening with the Rebel Heart Tour. Fingers crossed anyway.

RIT had 15 hits in the setlist. I predict 12-14 hits for RH, she is in a similar situation as she was with AL in that she needs to win the public and casual fans back and also get good reviews. She's a smart business woman, she'll want to shift tickets.

You're right about that!

I guess I'm Going Bananas in TGS, RIT's Bedtime Stories interlude and MDNA's inclusion of Cyber-Raga and Celebration are the only exceptions to that rule (as far as I remember, Celebration was released just before the 2009 leg of S&S started).

Let's not forget "Where's the Party" on Blond Ambition, "Lament" on Re-Invention, "Paradise" on Confessions, and "Candy Shop" on MDNA (though this one maybe shouldn't count because it was mixed with "Erotica").

Let's not forget "Where's the Party" on Blond Ambition, "Lament" on Re-Invention, "Paradise" on Confessions, and "Candy Shop" on MDNA (though this one maybe shouldn't count because it was mixed with "Erotica").

"Where's the Party" doesn't count since it was done on the WTG tour, and "Candy Shop" was done already on S&S.

However, it was quite interesting that "Paradise (Not for Me)" was upgraded from video interlude in DWT to full performance two hours later.

Can I just say that I am actually looking forward to come actual concrete info on what songs she actually performed, etc, because the lack of information has caused so much controversy on this forum, lol, but with that being said even when we know all the exclusives there still will be controversy over what songs she did, what songs she didn't do, what songs she should have done except for others, lol, moderators get ready to lock a lot of threads :p