Countdown to REBEL HEART Tour: less than a month to OPENING NIGHT!

Apples388

(DISCLAIMER: I've told this story before)

The funniest thing is that I hyped the Entrance so much before the show to my friends who'd never seen her live.. and so they were guessing all the time before she got on stage.. of course when the thurible came on, one of my friends thought he was very clever and he was all, "Well clearly she's inside that". And then of course the dancers started swiinnnnnnngggiiinggg it from side to side on stage and my friend looked very dumb and I started laughing at him :rotfl:

But shortly afterwards when THE ENTRANCE OF LIFE ITSELF was upon us, the wind blew the curtain away and my friends saw her and they were both like, "Erm... well she's in there kneeling and praying, so... what's the big deal?" and I was all, "NO THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!! :evil: " :(

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

and YAAAASSS GAAAWWDD MAMA etc. at the MDNA Tour opening Segment of Life. Every single picture from that opening segment is iconic (yes including I Don't Give A because don't forget about the background settings etc.) .

tumblr_mgydmkAfxW1ryffv7o1_500.gif

Chutzpah!!

Tesla shotput

Funky's on a treadmill

Had a pulley with Uranium

Cricket

Mama

Six pastor

Tove Lo should be an eagle

Realtor baiting I'm knocking a fit

Cricket

My loaf's a red Volvo

My socks are so Kilo

Do you want a white nappy

Do you want a white nappy

This tour is gonna be amazing. If Tony who has been with Madonna since 93 was blown away by a mere rehearsal, opening night is gonna be a SPECTACLE!

Yes I do think that too. No matter what our Queen does I will always support her. ANd i am sure this tour will outdo anything she has done before.

I cant wait for November, but till then, I will check youtube for the videos !!! I love the crowd reactions

So much negativity this go around. I don't understand the increasing condescension against Madonna, her music and her recent tours. I believe the criticism of Madonna 2015 to be largely misplaced. Her shows are fantastic. Her new music is really good. Her promotion this era has been stellar. As for record sales... Hell, nobody sells records anymore. Even Taylor Swift's numbers are a flash in the pan against Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer and The Immaculate Collection. Digitized music crept in and changed the landscape. Not to dwell on the past however.... Madonna has sold a lot of records since the Immaculate Collection as well. People steal music now at a exponential rate and not just Madonna's music. It is destroying the whole industry. Yes. The live stage shows are pricey. Inflated ticket prices are meant to compensate for that loss of album revenue. Should M work for free? Do you? Rebel Heart cost a chunk of change to produce. 40+ demos, and 24 official songs including Autotune Baby. Mixing/production, promotion, co-producers, artwork.... That wasn't free. A lot of people have to get paid, not just M. So why all of the hate. Admittedly, there are M records and tours that I like more than others but none of M's work is "trash" and it is offensive to listen to a bunch of squabbling "children" dismissing M's impressive visual and audio catalog. Sticky and Sweet and MDNA were mind blowing, breathtaking, heart stopping productions. In fact, all of Madonna's tours have been masterpieces and I am baffled by the onslaught of personal attacks. I cannot believe the homophobic, ageist, sexist remarks that are being made by Madonna's "fan"base with the aim to discredit her as a relative artist in 2015. In my opinion, this behavior is very disturbing and does not have a place on a fan site. People are bashing an upcoming tour over a handful of rumors and I might remind you that you do not have to purchase a single ticket. Stop demeaning Madonna's work present and past. Despite, your desire to bemoan her every breath, M's accomplishments and accolades stand tall. Sorry to the real fans but the naysayers need to have a seat. Enough already. I want to enjoy my visits to this site. I want to share experiences and be reminded why I am a fan of the world's greatest living entertainer. Shove the negativity where the sun doesn't shine.

:order: THIS! You hit the nail on the head! And I find it very brave of you to express your opinion on here in this thread. A lot of people may take it for granted but this is honestly what we should go by. I find it very sad that apparently commercial success seems to be more important than her making great music. RH is a great great great album and you can tell she put a damn lot of effort in it. I'll be more than happy if the majority of the tour will be songs of this album. I'll take a hits-heavy tour too but not with at least one teary eye.

I'm happy with whatever she chooses to do. I love Rebel Heart, but I love the older stuff too. I'm not going to cry if she sings songs from the 80's I grew up with. That to me is just ridiculous.

There is nothing wrong with singing your older music. She should be proud of all her music, Rebel Heart and the older stuff. All of it together is what makes her Madonna and makes her great.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

It would be cool if they filmed one of the first few shows and put 3 or 4 performances on youtube, highlighting maybe BIM or LFL and a couple classics.

maybe they could print flyers and send emails. :1251:

What we can kinda expect from the pole dancing section. Kinda NSFW

A lot of monas videos have been removed from YouTube so maybe M will be using some of her choreography

Why else would they take it down?

Hope M does some of Mona's work, WOW, it be will AMAZE BALLS!!!

Hope M does some of Mona's work, WOW, it be will AMAZE BALLS!!!

I agree it is wonderful she is trying something beautiful, new and a bit challenging. Hopefully it will work better than the slacklining which was hyped to death and didn't amount to a lot in the end. :/

There is a new interview with m discussing the rh tour with andy cohen for entertainment weekly hitting news stands on friday but apparently the interview is already available online, can anybody find it or have an ew online subscription?

This is all i found:

Cohen, who has made no secret about wanting to interview Madonna on WWHL, sat down with the Queen of Pop as she gets set to launch her Rebel Heart tour in September. Its the first time he has ever interviewed his favorite singerand no question was off limits. The two discuss everything from her setlist to her thoughts on Taylor Swift and Beyonce to why she loves using Instagram. Its an important part of my work now, she says of the social media platform. I like to think of it as a kind of art gallery for my thoughts, my dreams, my wishes, my state of mind. Cant ignore social media.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/05/andy-cohen-guest-edits-ews-new-issue

I just read over 6 pages of this thread and no new info, damn

Man I thought this was gonna be the summer of Madonna tour leaks and we ain't got shit.

What's the date of the first show??

This is all i found:

Cohen, who has made no secret about wanting to interview Madonna on WWHL, sat down with the Queen of Pop as she gets set to launch her Rebel Heart tour in September. Its the first time he has ever interviewed his favorite singerand no question was off limits. The two discuss everything from her setlist to her thoughts on Taylor Swift and Beyonce to why she loves using Instagram. Its an important part of my work now, she says of the social media platform. I like to think of it as a kind of art gallery for my thoughts, my dreams, my wishes, my state of mind. Cant ignore social media.

:wow:

This is all i found:

That's all I could find too, maybe we have to wait till Friday for someone to get a copy?

Wow very cool she's doing WWL! Might air in September as a season premiere. Should be really cool.

What's WWL?

I though the footage in the GMTV report from RIT opening night was fairly good.

Really hope she does Vogue this time as well. She needs to do this every tour. I think it's the best opening act of her career.

What's WWL?

It reads to me like he just sat down with her as part of the cover story for the print piece, not an actual on air interview ??? And, yes, looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow for the print copy. EW has been seriously downhill lately.:/

The Madonna with a guitar a white hat and her leg up pic is one of the things I remember about her before I became a fan, 4 years after the tour.

The image I remember most was Madonna sitting in her throne during Candy Shop.

Thank god the media never used photos from this performance:

tumblr_nsl37rpCF21qa03y5o1_250.jpg