Countdown to REBEL HEART Tour: less than a month to OPENING NIGHT!

Apples388

I though the footage in the GMTV report from RIT opening night was fairly good.

Well RIT was filmed pretty well for the screens each night anyway and that translated well on TV. MDNA was just awful. All long shots mostly, and of course they never even utilized the full height of the stadium screens except in the guitar songs...which defeats the purpose of even having screens in the first place when she's not much bigger there than on stage (for people up the back)

I though the footage in the GMTV report from RIT opening night was fairly good.

RIT :dramatic:

Opening with "Vogue" was a stroke a genius on that tour. The footage was everywhere. Washed away all the bad press from "American Life."

I don't remember the press being quite so taken with Confessions or Sticky. Maybe I wasn't paying as much attention to the media then.

So much negativity this go around. I don't understand the increasing condescension against Madonna, her music and her recent tours. I believe the criticism of Madonna 2015 to be largely misplaced. Her shows are fantastic. Her new music is really good. Her promotion this era has been stellar. As for record sales... Hell, nobody sells records anymore. Even Taylor Swift's numbers are a flash in the pan against Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer and The Immaculate Collection. Digitized music crept in and changed the landscape. Not to dwell on the past however.... Madonna has sold a lot of records since the Immaculate Collection as well. People steal music now at a exponential rate and not just Madonna's music. It is destroying the whole industry. Yes. The live stage shows are pricey. Inflated ticket prices are meant to compensate for that loss of album revenue. Should M work for free? Do you? Rebel Heart cost a chunk of change to produce. 40+ demos, and 24 official songs including Autotune Baby. Mixing/production, promotion, co-producers, artwork.... That wasn't free. A lot of people have to get paid, not just M. So why all of the hate. Admittedly, there are M records and tours that I like more than others but none of M's work is "trash" and it is offensive to listen to a bunch of squabbling "children" dismissing M's impressive visual and audio catalog. Sticky and Sweet and MDNA were mind blowing, breathtaking, heart stopping productions. In fact, all of Madonna's tours have been masterpieces and I am baffled by the onslaught of personal attacks. I cannot believe the homophobic, ageist, sexist remarks that are being made by Madonna's "fan"base with the aim to discredit her as a relative artist in 2015. In my opinion, this behavior is very disturbing and does not have a place on a fan site. People are bashing an upcoming tour over a handful of rumors and I might remind you that you do not have to purchase a single ticket. Stop demeaning Madonna's work present and past. Despite, your desire to bemoan her every breath, M's accomplishments and accolades stand tall. Sorry to the real fans but the naysayers need to have a seat. Enough already. I want to enjoy my visits to this site. I want to share experiences and be reminded why I am a fan of the world's greatest living entertainer. Shove the negativity where the sun doesn't shine.

Pole trainer hired to teach Madonna how to pole dance

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2015/02/28/madonna-to-perform-in-paris-on-december-9th/#ixzz3hxc0k7YV

In May 2015, UnitedPoleArtists.com published an interview with Mona Marie, the official pole trainer for Madonna’s upcoming Rebel Heart Tour.

She told UPA…

I haven’t got any word if I am going on tour yet but I was hired to teach and train Madonna and her dancers how to do the pole, for the pole piece in her tour which I am collaborating with the head choreographers.

So much negativity this go around. I don't understand the increasing condescension against Madonna, her music and her recent tours. Her promotion this era has been stellar. As for record sales... Hell, nobody sells records anymore. Even Taylor Swift's numbers are a flash in the pan against Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer and The Immaculate Collection. Admittedly, there are M records and tours that I like more than others but none of M's work is "trash" and it is offensive to listen to a bunch of squabbling "children" dismissing M's impressive visual and audio catalog. Sticky and Sweet and MDNA were mind blowing, breathtaking, heart stopping productions. In fact, all of Madonna's tours have been masterpieces and I am baffled by the onslaught of personal attacks. I cannot believe the homophobic, ageist, sexist remarks that are being made by Madonna's "fan"base with the aim to discredit her as a relative artist in 2015. In my opinion, this behavior is very disturbing and does not have a place on a fan site. People are bashing an upcoming tour over a handful of rumors and I might remind you that you do not have to purchase a single ticket. Stop demeaning Madonna's work present and past. I want to share experiences and be reminded why I am a fan of the world's greatest living entertainer.

THANK YOU!!!!!

So much negativity this go around. I don't understand the increasing condescension against Madonna, her music and her recent tours. I believe the criticism of Madonna 2015 to be largely misplaced. Her shows are fantastic. Her new music is really good. Her promotion this era has been stellar. As for record sales... Hell, nobody sells records anymore. Even Taylor Swift's numbers are a flash in the pan against Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer and The Immaculate Collection. Digitized music crept in and changed the landscape. Not to dwell on the past however.... Madonna has sold a lot of records since the Immaculate Collection as well. People steal music now at a exponential rate and not just Madonna's music. It is destroying the whole industry. Yes. The live stage shows are pricey. Inflated ticket prices are meant to compensate for that loss of album revenue. Should M work for free? Do you? Rebel Heart cost a chunk of change to produce. 40+ demos, and 24 official songs including Autotune Baby. Mixing/production, promotion, co-producers, artwork.... That wasn't free. A lot of people have to get paid, not just M. So why all of the hate. Admittedly, there are M records and tours that I like more than others but none of M's work is "trash" and it is offensive to listen to a bunch of squabbling "children" dismissing M's impressive visual and audio catalog. Sticky and Sweet and MDNA were mind blowing, breathtaking, heart stopping productions. In fact, all of Madonna's tours have been masterpieces and I am baffled by the onslaught of personal attacks. I cannot believe the homophobic, ageist, sexist remarks that are being made by Madonna's "fan"base with the aim to discredit her as a relative artist in 2015. In my opinion, this behavior is very disturbing and does not have a place on a fan site. People are bashing an upcoming tour over a handful of rumors and I might remind you that you do not have to purchase a single ticket. Stop demeaning Madonna's work present and past. Despite, your desire to bemoan her every breath, M's accomplishments and accolades stand tall. Sorry to the real fans but the naysayers need to have a seat. Enough already. I want to enjoy my visits to this site. I want to share experiences and be reminded why I am a fan of the world's greatest living entertainer. Shove the negativity where the sun doesn't shine.

:bow:

The people who cross the line into deliberate baiting and trashing are dealt with. Most of what you've written there IS NOT happening here. Oh, and blind adoration is almost as bad as trashing, really.

I remember the yoga pose for Vogue on RIT opening night in LA being in all the papers in the UK the next day

ri_dailyexpress_la_news.jpg ri_dailymirror_la_news.jpg

ri_dailymail_la_news.jpgri_dailytelegraph_la_news.jpg

:wow::dramatic:

The perfect start to any show. It was so clear that would be the ICONIC image all the press went with. I guess image wise, M with a gun worked for MDNA...Sticky?...errr...nothing really.

Sticky was the top hat with the leg kick and guitar!!! That image was everywhere don't lie to yourself Kim.

Maybe in your neck of the woods. Ain't nothing ICONIC or worthwhile about that image. Except to show what a shitty trainer Tracy Midget Anderson was/is.

COAD did great in the media aswell. Especially her riding the mechanical horse and singing LAV was popular any everywhere in Germany and I guess anywhere too.

You know what, I did write a reply to this but I actually think this suits better:

I have been a Madonna fan since 1992, since Erotica.

Hard Candy was shit

Mdna was shit

Rebel Heart is shit

3 in a row shit albums

DREADFUL last concert

Either pull out all the stops or Bye Bye Baby

And yes, it pains me to say that.

:rolleyes: I didn't want to say it in my lengthy posts, but I absolutely knew the handful of losers complaining about Madonna not singing the hits felt this way about Madonna. :rolleyes:

Let the rest of us enjoy the ride and come back to us whenever (never) she decides to call it quits and go on a 10 year farewell tour just to make a little money before she really decides to retire (which, again, is going to be never).

This gay at my work tells me he got given tickets...$500...but wasn't going to go because he just doesn't care enough :manson: I soon snapped him out of that shit spell. If you get tickets to see Madonna...you damn well go.

Losing my faith in the taste of Australian's more and more.... smh

I know I said this before, but I met this gay couple while on vacation, two aussies, one is 20 the other one is 22, and they didn't recognize LAP, the song, when my boyfriend played it. They looked confused and we were like, um, it's Madonna, and they made a face like we had said Hitler or something. :rolleyes:

Truly it is ironic that it is actually her 'worst' tour that also happens to be her most successful. Yes, I know Madonna has never really done a 'bad tour' in the same way that she's never ever recorded a truly 'bad album' but Sticky has to be her weakest world tour by some distance.