Countdown to REBEL HEART Tour: less than a month to OPENING NIGHT!

Apples388

You know what, I did write a reply to this but I actually think this suits better:

I have been a Madonna fan since 1992, since Erotica.

Hard Candy was shit

Mdna was shit

Rebel Heart is shit

3 in a row shit albums

DREADFUL last concert

Either pull out all the stops or Bye Bye Baby

And yes, it pains me to say that.

:manson:

:janetjacksonsizedflop:

as soon as the tour begins and everyone knows everything...the tickets will start selling

at a faster pace. people are just following the crowd and acting snobby but they know theyre dying to see her.

I really thought there would be a bit more hysteria going on but I don't know a single person outside of the forum that is going to see Madonna in Australia. Except my mum and she's only going because I bought her a ticket. It's such a shame :(

This gay at my work tells me he got given tickets...$500...but wasn't going to go because he just doesn't care enough :manson: I soon snapped him out of that shit spell. If you get tickets to see Madonna...you damn well go.

Losing my faith in the taste of Australian's more and more.... smh

You know what, I did write a reply to this but I actually think this suits better:

Hard Candy was shit

Mdna was shit

Rebel Heart is shit

3 in a row shit albums

DREADFUL last concert

You absolute tool bag. What are you even doing here smh x10000000

Well, this may be the last time she tours Australia then. LOL

She needs something like a great documentary to hype her up. As some have said, she needs to remind people of her hits and why she is the most successful female of all time. Sadly, she has been dragged for so long in the media and by, sadly, other celebrities that it has taken the shine off her a bit. At least in the public's eyes.

All will be forgiven if she has a tour to end all tours. I wouldn't bet against her.

This gay at my work tells me he got given tickets...$500...but wasn't going to go because he just doesn't care enough :manson: I soon snapped him out of that shit spell. If you get tickets to see Madonna...you damn well go.

I have had similar arguments at places like stonewall where people say ugh madonna shes so irrelevant she hasnt been good since music or they would much rather worship the younger pop tarts like pink and gaga (however gaga is now getting ripped to shreds by the drag queens so its a sign she is over) they just dont know how much madonna has done not only for the lgbt community but females and the pop music scene it drives me mad how easily she is dismissed as having done nothing throughout her career and is just doing the gay thing cause its popular. However im sure once she arrives on our shores everyone will kiss her ass again.

I think it may be the tall poppy syndrome mentality we have here where we like to tear people down a few notches when they become too successful.

I weep for the collective stupidity of these generations who are turning out to be ever more ignorant...willfully ignorant...then what's come before. And the utter hellhole they are dragging gay culture into.....

It would probably be a very smart idea to fill the gaps in the schedule with dates in Perth and Adelaide at a reduced cost. I don't think the slow sales here are entirely Madonna's fault. To me it comes down to greed and the temerity to charge $500 a ticket when she's not been here in so long. People think she doesn't care about her Australian fans and its left a bad taste in their mouths. The money isn't an issue for me because I'm a die hard but your average Aussie isn't going to spend half their weekly paycheck on someone who has pretty much acted as if Australia doesn't exist. They need to do promo here and they need to do it NOW.

Hard Candy was shit

Mdna was shit

Rebel Heart is shit

3 in a row shit albums

DREADFUL last concert

and this is why she can't sell tickets like hot cakes anymore, when a lot of her fans became judgmental middle aged gays who feel like they own Madonna simply because they've been fans for 69 years. I don't wanna sound ageist but thats just the way it is

Hard Candy was shit

Mdna was shit

Rebel Heart is shit

3 in a row shit albums

DREADFUL last concert

Everything has been shit since 2008? Or maybe you're just shit. Go back to Mtripe! *FLUSH*

I'm actually going to play devil's advocate here and state that Madonna's ticket prices are not overpriced at all!

Although I'm also a huge Fleetwood Mac fan and applaud their musicianship, year in and year out, each show is exactly the same in terms of staging and set lists. Heck, they dress the same and even stand in the same spots on stage! The opposite is true of Madonna who's overheads are probably double given the staging, lighting, costumes and choreography - not to mention the extensive cast and crew who help bring her theatrical shows to life. Same goes when you compare Madonna to U2, the Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen. All exemplary performers in their own right, but not the kind of artist like Madonna who strives to bring new material and sophisticated concepts to her audience. It costs more to change and it costs less to stay the same. If anything, some of the musical acts I've mentioned probably charge too much for giving us the same tried and true formula!

Where she has faltered in comparison to the likes of Lady Gaga and P!nk is that these ladies have built up a strong live following in Australia because they have toured here on a regular basis. Nevertheless, Madonna is the prototype, if you will, for them and her impact on popular culture cannot be underestimated. Sure it'd help if Madonna had a current hit single. Sure it'd help if ticket prices were cheaper to entice casual and/or younger fans to her shows, but there's no doubt in my mind her show will prove to be worth the price of admission.

Edited by Buzy_Robot

what a dickhead

:huh:

tragic situation

I hate the fact that people are so overly biased and ignorant towards Rebel Heart. The album lyrically is Madonna at her honest and most vulnerable since AL or even ROL. The music does not sound as dated as her last two records and is still a really nice progression for her. It mixes the best of her last decade imo. Yes, with that I mean both sides. Holy Water and S.E.X. too. They're essential to the album, which without them would be boring as fuck.

Everyone who tells me that this album is shit is nothing but lying and pressed as hell bitch.

I really thought there would be a bit more hysteria going on but I don't know a single person outside of the forum that is going to see Madonna in Australia. Except my mum and she's only going because I bought her a ticket. It's such a shame :(

I know at least 20 people not on the forum who are going - they're out there! :)

Bill will. If I get a ticket we can turn it into a 3some

:lmao: My husband will be with me. :nocomment: But if he wasn't, and gave his blessing, I'd be all over that shit.

OMG we would so b Madonna, Naomi, and big daddy Kane :lmao:

:flirt:

I hate the fact that people are so overly biased and ignorant towards Rebel Heart. The album lyrically is Madonna at her honest and most vulnerable since AL or even ROL. The music does not sound as dated as her last two records and is still a really nice progression for her. It mixes the best of her last decade imo. Yes, with that I mean both sides. Holy Water and S.E.X. too. They're essential to the album, which without them would be boring as fuck.

Everyone who tells me that this album is shit is nothing but lying and pressed as hell bitch.

THIS!!!! Those morons need to shut the fuck up!!

Forget this whole tickets discussion. We HAVE to CELEBRATE that THE QUEEN OF POP will return to arenas in the world to show us ONE MORE TIME that she IS the biggest female artist in history.

I wonder if they'll feel the need to do something special to drive up sales? I mean the sales aren't bad, for 99% of artists they would be considered great. It's just that Madonna has huge expectations and an expensive show.

It would be cool if they filmed one of the first few shows and put 3 or 4 performances on youtube, highlighting maybe BIM or LFL and a couple classics.

I wonder if they'll feel the need to do something special to drive up sales? I mean the sales aren't bad, for 99% of artists they would be considered great. It's just that Madonna has huge expectations and an expensive show.

It would be cool if they filmed one of the first few shows and put 3 or 4 performances on youtube, highlighting maybe BIM or LFL and a couple classics.

Great idea, that's exactly the sort of thing they should be doing. But we are talking about Team Madonna here who aren't exactly quick off the block and can't seem to coordinate a single release properly. I hope her team read this and take note of your suggestion.

They did put out a few (badly filmed and bad sounding) clips just after MDNA tour premiered. LAP I remember vividly

Yep - the press kit issued morning after MDNA opening had pro-shot footage clips of loads of songs including LAP.

On the rest of the tour they stuck mainly with clips from GGW after each show.

So they might well do the same. Even if they don't the internet will be full of audience-filmed concert clips the morning after Montreal opening night!

Here's the official MDNA stuff we got right after the first show:

That's them! They seriously look like those fan-made youtube compilations that people make from loads of different venues/cameras/phones.

They need to something a bit better then those clips. Perhaps an interview with Madonna after the first show, some reactions from fans and behind the scenes footage of how they put the show together. There's a lot they could do if the think about it.