Countdown to REBEL HEART Tour: less than a month to OPENING NIGHT!

Apples388

i wonder if she's going to do something with a fan during the sex part of the show. like have them sit on stage while she/her dancers do things.

i know its been done before but not by her!

How Janet Jackson...

i see several people talking about how she's going to focus on the hits to try to sell tickets "or maybe this leg or that leg will focus on the hits" or whatever. I hate to break it to you guys, but it really seems like this tour is going to be strictly for the fans. Very heavy on the Rebel Heart tracks with some completely reimagined version of her past songs that flow nicely with her artistic vision and all that jazz :lol:

There are going to be some pissed off queens out there and I can't wait :lmao:

"Strictly for the fans?" "Very heavy on the Rebel Heart?" "Completely reimagined past songs?" Did Madge tell you all that when you gossiped on the phone yesterday?

Bitch has hash tagged some lyrics and Instagrammed some photos from her career and this child thinks he knows how the whole show will go down. :rolleyes:

"Strictly for the fans?" "Very heavy on the Rebel Heart?" "Completely reimagined past songs?" Did Madge tell you all that when you gossiped on the phone yesterday?

Bitch has hash tagged some lyrics and Instagrammed some photos from her career and this child thinks he knows how the whole show will go down. :rolleyes:

Okay hun, get ready for the Rebel Heart HITS TOUR good luck with that :rotfl:

It really confuses me that people want this show to be packed with hits yet it's called the rebel heart tour. I would think if anything she should create a balance. People going on about hits hits hits is just really annoying.

The Matthew guy who does the Madonna encyclopedia already said that the set list is going to have plenty of 80's hits on his Facebook page. His information is generally reliable so I think it's pretty much confirmed the tour will have more hits than the last two although of course there will be a decent number of RH tracks.

It really confuses me that people want this show to be packed with hits yet it's called the rebel heart tour. I would think if anything she should create a balance. People going on about hits hits hits is just really annoying.

Not necessarily. Her older songs could be divided into rebel and heart songs just as much as stuff from the current album. So to me the name doesn't indicate the content of the tour.

Seriously, you guys get all pissed off, but it's just my two cents based on her recent interviews, where she says things like:

“I want people to walk out like they’re feeling inspired and like they’ve seen something they’ve never seen before (and) felt something they’ve never felt before."

And

Madonna says picking the set list for her upcoming tour has been hard, mainly because she wants to sing her newest songs but also satisfy her longtime, die-hard fans.

"I realize I have 32 years of other songs, so I have to pick and choose. I sit there for weeks and weeks and weeks trying to figure out which of my old catalog I want to do,” she said. “It’s a puzzle that we have to put together ’cause thematically the songs — the old and the new — they have to go together; sonically they have to go together."

Sorry, again, ya'll can get all pissed off if you want, but to me this sounds like 1) She picks old songs just to keep her fans happy (not because she actually WANTS to perform them) and 2) She's obviously going to mix them so they all flow, sonically. And again, she's gloating about being an artist, comparing herself to Picasso, saying that she's 56 and STILL has something to say. Why in the world would she come out now when she's on fire, artistically and creatively, and sing the hits exactly the way they were originally released? I just don't get you guys sometimes.

Seriously, you guys get all pissed off, but it's just my two cents based on her recent interviews, where she says things like:

I want people to walk out like theyre feeling inspired and like theyve seen something theyve never seen before (and) felt something theyve never felt before."

And

Madonna says picking the set list for her upcoming tour has been hard, mainly because she wants to sing her newest songs but also satisfy her longtime, die-hard fans.

"I realize I have 32 years of other songs, so I have to pick and choose. I sit there for weeks and weeks and weeks trying to figure out which of my old catalog I want to do, she said. Its a puzzle that we have to put together cause thematically the songs the old and the new they have to go together; sonically they have to go together."

Sorry, again, ya'll can get all pissed off if you want, but to me this sounds like 1) She picks old songs just to keep her fans happy (not because she actually WANTS to perform them) and 2) She's obviously going to mix them so they all flow, sonically. And again, she's gloating about being an artist, comparing herself to Picasso, saying that she's 56 and STILL has something to say. Why in the world would she come out now when she's on fire, artistically and creatively, and sing the hits exactly the way they were originally released? I just don't get you guys sometimes.

Madonna is also a business woman who knows her worth.

After the commercial flop of RH (due to mainly the mainstream ignoring her and zero surport NOT quality) she is selling tickets far more steadily than ever before.....

She will be aware of this, and anyone who thinks she won't "care" and concentrate just on the new CD needs to remember what she did in 2004 on the back of American Life....

Yes she's an artist who's presenting new music but she knows it's her legacy that will command those phonomonal prices...plus she's visiting places she hasn't in decades and brand new places.....all of this i believe will result in a hits-packed tour.

My prediction....the most hits since 2004s Re-Invention.

I don't think anyone is saying she is going to sing the songs like the original versions, they were saying that she is going to do more of the older songs, but perhaps reinvent them.

That she specifically referenced picking her older songs in that interview indicates to me she is thinking about doing more of them than usual. In the past, I don't recall her talking about that in past interviews about tours.

Of course, the old songs have to flow together with the new songs. But that doesn't mean she's not going to include a good number of older songs. I don't think anyone is suggesting she just randomly pick older songs. Everyone knows that in Madonna's show all the songs old and new have to fit the theme of the tour as a whole and the individual sections.

To me, the statement that she's going to show something people haven't seen before is not a statement about the actual songs on the setlist but the visual presentation of the show. Seen indicated to me visual, not the actual songs which is something you hear.

I want people to walk out like theyre feeling inspired and like theyve seen something theyve never seen before (and) felt something theyve never felt before."

And

"I realize I have 32 years of other songs, so I have to pick and choose. I sit there for weeks and weeks and weeks trying to figure out which of my old catalog I want to do, she said. Its a puzzle that we have to put together cause thematically the songs the old and the new they have to go together; sonically they have to go together."

PREACH PAPI

So which member going to the Philly show wants to start making out hardcore and get M's attention during S.E.X.?

Bill will. If I get a ticket we can turn it into a 3some

From http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6655667/u2-bruce-springsteen-north-american-innocence-experience-76-million

Will Guy Oseary up his game for Madonna??? Considering she now has opening acts, maybe....

U2 Closes N. American Leg of Innocence + Experience With 150,000 New York Fans

By Ray Waddell, New York | August 04, 2015 3:55 PM EDT

North American leg churns $76 million -- now Europe's on tap.

U2 wrapped the North American leg of the Innocence + Experience tour in stunning fashion with an eight-night, sold-out stand at Madison Square Garden in New York City that grossed nearly $20 million from the attendance of almost 150,000 fans.

Marked by special guests on stage and VIP attendees in the audience, the critically acclaimed shows put up a final tally of 149,942 tickets sold, with a gross of $19,474,285, according to Billboard Boxscore. That takes the total of the tour's opening leg to 650,582 attendance and $76,166,563 gross from 36 shows, all sellouts. Innocence + Experience is produced by Live Nation Global Touring president Arthur Fogel and his Toronto-based team, promoter/producer of all of U2’s tours since PopMart in 1997-98.

The follow-up to the historic 360 tour of stadiums in 2009-11 (which grossed $736.4 million and moved 7.2 million tickets, both all-time records), Innocence + Experience marks the first time U2 has played the relatively intimate confines of arenas since the Vertigo tour in 2005-2007. The band makes full use of the venues, with groundbreaking staging and video that allows for 360-degree seating, including general admission on the floor. Calling the North American leg “a huge success on every level,” Fogel tells Billboard that the tour, “blew everyone away, fans and critics.” He continues, “In our world, people use the term ‘great’ all too easily, [but] in this case it is an understatement. They are the best live band in our business, and if there was any doubt by a few, they should have learned that by now.”

Arthur Fogel, president, Live Nation Global Touring; legendary New York promoter Ron Delsener, chairman, Live Nation New York; and tennis great John McEnroe, in Fogel's production office at the Garden.Courtesy Photo

The tour began May 14 in Vancouver, B.C. A Nov. 16 bicycle accident in New York’s Central Park that seriously injured Bono, the band’s frontman, did not delay the start of the tour, which had long been slated to begin in the spring of 2015. In fact, the jogger who first happened upon Bono after the crash, and the EMTs who tended to him, were both in attendance and recognized at the Aug. 30 show, and the latter even fulfilled a promise to knock back a shot of Jameson with the singer, who obliged from the stage.

At the final New York show, Bruce Springsteen took the stage to accompany the band on “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For,” and a cover of Ben E. King’s “Stand By Me.” Springsteen was attending the show with presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and her husband, former president Bill Clinton. Other guest performers throughout the Garden stand include Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, Lady Gaga, and Paul Simon. Among the celebrities who attended were Paul McCartney, Nile Rodgers, Alicia Keys, Jon Bon Jovi, Coldplay’s Chris Martin, Chris Rock, producer Steve Lillywhite, model Christy Turlington, MTV personality (and former Billboard Touring Awards host) Matt Pinfield, Howard Stern sidekick (and former Billboard Touring Awards host) Gary “Baba Booey” Dell’Abate, tennis great John McEnroe, and filmmaker Steven Soderbergh.

The tour resumes Sept. 4-5 in Turin, Italy, with a 34-date leg that will culminate with four shows in Paris, Nov. 10-15. Included in this European tour, also in arenas, are four shows each in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Berlin, and Barcelona, and six shows at London’s O2 Arena. U2 tours typically span three years, and while it is expected that U2 will return to North America in 2016, Fogel declined to release details, saying only, “I can’t wait for the run in Europe this fall, and beyond.”

I know a lot of people in Australia that want to go but say the tickets are too expensive. There's also a lot of people waiting for another show to go on sale in their city so they can get the cheaper tickets. Then there's the people that wanted to go but were caught off guard and didn't have money saved when tickets went on sale (useless).

I also know a lot of people who used to love Madonna (example my dad) but are just not interested in seeing her.

I really thought there would be a bit more hysteria going on but I don't know a single person outside of the forum that is going to see Madonna in Australia. Except my mum and she's only going because I bought her a ticket. It's such a shame :(

I know most fans that are going are seeing multiple shows. I have tickets to all! The hardcore fans are definitely shelling out. The general public here does not give a rats ass about her unless it's a tabloid article. I hope they do some press and promo here once the tour starts. They need to be reminded of her hits and her amazing performing skills.

oh my goodness, you guys are being so over-dramatic. The only thing this means is that Madonna won't be able to fill up stadiums with 50,000+ seats. She's Madonna. She'll always be huge no matter what. She'll have no problem filling up venues with, let's say, 5,000 seats at an average of 300 bucks a seat until her last day on earth.

Anyway, she's a business orientated woman, everyone will get their greatest hits tour sooner or later, it's just obvious that this tour isn't it. The fact that she isn't selling out doesn't even seem to phase her. It's you guys that are having heart attacks because she may or may not do Angel as originally recorded or whatever the fuck.

You know what, I did write a reply to this but I actually think this suits better:

I have been a Madonna fan since 1992, since Erotica.

Hard Candy was shit

Mdna was shit

Rebel Heart is shit

3 in a row shit albums

DREADFUL last concert

Either pull out all the stops or Bye Bye Baby

And yes, it pains me to say that.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Well, we know each other from this forum; It would be like kissing my own brother, ew. Boardcest.

Well, you both need to do it for the sake of the forum members' entertainment: gossip galore!

I know a lot of people in Australia that want to go but say the tickets are too expensive. There's also a lot of people waiting for another show to go on sale in their city so they can get the cheaper tickets. Then there's the people that wanted to go but were caught off guard and didn't have money saved when tickets went on sale (useless).

I also know a lot of people who used to love Madonna (example my dad) but are just not interested in seeing her.

I really thought there would be a bit more hysteria going on but I don't know a single person outside of the forum that is going to see Madonna in Australia. Except my mum and she's only going because I bought her a ticket. It's such a shame :(

I know most fans that are going are seeing multiple shows. I have tickets to all! The hardcore fans are definitely shelling out. The general public here does not give a rats ass about her unless it's a tabloid article. I hope they do some press and promo here once the tour starts. They need to be reminded of her hits and her amazing performing skills.

I am seeing the same thing. People at work want to go but dont want to pay the price or are waiting for more shows so they can go for cheap seats.

I really think live nation stuffed up the sale by being secretive with the seating plan and not disclosing the price forneach section making people feel like 90% of the arena was $500 which is a lot of money to pay for a concert especially for a casual fan not sure what to expect.

Alot of people are boycotting her for having never toured here at all during her career and feel she is past it now and they dont want to go to her show to support her retirement and others are saying they are happy to pay less and see pink and katy and gaga who put on entertaining shows at a fraction of the price and arent greedy.

Im just shocked there is no demand at all, hell Fleetwood mac can do 3 shows in sydney. Roxette did 3 shows a few years ago and they havent had a hit in a decade or more and have no real prescence any more, then madonna should be able to do it too she has had hits here in the last 10 yrars and is always in press and has had number 1 albums and concert dvds so people are aware of her still.

I think once the shows start and there are clips on YouTube and people know the set list then people will start to buy tickets again and if the set list is hit friendly demand maybe there for more shows.

Edited by Leebf

Guest bluejean

Well I think in Australia not touring there for so long has also damaged her reputation. If she had dragged her ass there for Re-invention, Confessions and/or Sticky people would be abit more keen I think.

Guest bluejean

You know what, I did write a reply to this but I actually think this suits better:

Hard Candy was shit

Mdna was shit

Rebel Heart is shit

3 in a row shit albums

DREADFUL last concert

At this point why are you still here?

Hard Candy was shit

Mdna was shit

Rebel Heart is shit

3 in a row shit albums

DREADFUL last concert

Alright. :ugh:

Hard Candy was shit

Mdna was shit

Rebel Heart is shit

3 in a row shit albums

DREADFUL last concert

Flush pls :lmao:

Hard Candy was shit

Mdna was shit

Rebel Heart is shit

3 in a row shit albums

DREADFUL last concert

Why the fuck do you start posting at a Madonna forum at the nadir of your interest/love for her recent work??

TROLL MUCH. I'm sure you will be flushed soon enough...